Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

Terrible Trade Offers 2016 Edition

I guess we all have different interpretations of what a "terrible" offer is. To me, "terrible" means Brandon Belt & Wei Yin Chen for Miguel Cabrera.

Offering 2nd & 3rd rounders for 1st rounders is not "terrible" IMO.

I agree with you big time. Some of these offers are very fair.

I very much enjoy reading this thread. I can finally contribute to the insanity of some fantasy owners trade offers

12 team..keep forever..5x5 scoring

Guy offers me Evan Longoria and Matt Weiters for my Kris Bryant and Miguel Sano.

I still can't get the smirk off my face.

I very much enjoy reading this thread. I can finally contribute to the insanity of some fantasy owners trade offers

12 team..keep forever..5x5 scoring

Guy offers me Evan Longoria and Matt Weiters for my Kris Bryant and Miguel Sano.

I still can't get the smirk off my face.

See, that's a terrible offer

first of all, this is a Custom league 8 teamer. I am definitely new to baseball, this is my first year playing Fantasy in a sport other than basketball. Just for background there are basically 3 guys in the league that know the sport and the others are noobs like me. My league Commish has been offering trades to get me to send him Mike Trout who i picked third for basically guys at the end of his draft. For example. (i'm OWEN the Commish is FLOR)

OWEN trades Mike Trout, LAA CF to FLOR

FLOR trades Michael Wacha, StL SP to OWEN
FLOR trades Marcus Stroman, Tor SP to OWEN
FLOR trades Christian Yelich, Mia LF to OWEN

i rejected a couple offers and then he was able to pull this one off with another owner. He says its a fair trade. He also as the Commish pushed the trade through before anyone could review it.

• Mar 275:56 PM
    • (By LM)
      Clayton Kershaw, LAD to Rick Porcello, Bos to Yordano Ventura, KC to Andrew Cashner, SD to ZIEN
    • my other friend in the league who follows the MLB closely that this is such a bad trade ya'll wouldn't believe it went through. Let me know your honest thoughts.

<p>

first of all, this is a Custom league 8 teamer. I am definitely new to baseball, this is my first year playing Fantasy in a sport other than basketball. Just for background there are basically 3 guys in the league that know the sport and the others are noobs like me. My league Commish has been offering trades to get me to send him Mike Trout who i picked third for basically guys at the end of his draft. For example. (i'm OWEN the Commish is FLOR)

i rejected a couple offers and then he was able to pull this one off with another owner. He says its a fair trade. He also as the Commish pushed the trade through before anyone could review it.

I would quit that league ASAP!!!

<p>

I would quit that league ASAP!!!

^ ditto

• Mar 275:56 PM
    • (By LM)

Clayton Kershaw, LAD to Rick Porcello, Bos to Yordano Ventura, KC to Andrew Cashner, SD to ZIEN

• my other friend in the league who follows the MLB closely that this is such a bad trade ya'll wouldn't believe it went through. Let me know your honest thoughts.

Those are atrocious trades/offers in any format, but especially in an 8 team league. The 3 guys he sent for Kershaw are borderline not-rosterable (unless there are extremely deep benches).

That Kershaw trade should probably be vetoed, and if this was a money league, I'd ask for my money back and leave.

I GIVE UP

Chris Sale

Tyler Glasnow

I GET

Lorenzo Cain

Jason Castro

Will Harris

The comment he left thought was priceless:

All star CF who was a top 15 position player last year. A reliever with a high k/9 and a 1.00 whip. A catcher who has good pop. I get sale who is incredible and a good prospect. He could easily bust and you're deep as hell in starters. Thought it might appeal to you. Also would be interested in Harvey.

:rolleyes:Not only that, but I'm stacked at OF. Well, at least for a 16 team league. Yes, it is keeper as well. Pitching is thin, so worth more in general.

I GIVE UP

Chris Sale

Tyler Glasnow

I GET

Lorenzo Cain

Jason Castro

Will Harris

All star CF who was a top 15 position player last year. A reliever with a high k/9 and a 1.00 whip. A catcher who has good pop. I get sale who is incredible and a good prospect. He could easily bust and you're deep as hell in starters. Thought it might appeal to you. Also would be interested in Harvey.

:rolleyes:Not only that, but I'm stacked at OF. Well, at least for a 16 team league. Yes, it is keeper as well. Pitching is thin, so worth more in general.

Should message him back saying 'yea, my pitching is deep, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up a top pitcher for less than he's worth.' Or something to that effect.

I GIVE UP

Chris Sale

Tyler Glasnow

I GET

Lorenzo Cain

Jason Castro

Will Harris

Yea, that's also not bad at all. Maybe worse in a dynasty since Glasnow would have more value. In a standard league though, that's basically Cain+ for Sale+. Chris Sale's not THAT much more valuable than Lorenzo Cain.

I GIVE UP

Chris Sale

Tyler Glasnow

I GET

Lorenzo Cain

Jason Castro

Will Harris

Sounds like a LM i had last season... always trying to sell me on his guys and sound like he was doing me a favor with his trade offers

I GIVE UP

Chris Sale

Tyler Glasnow

I GET

Lorenzo Cain

Jason Castro

Will Harris

Yea, that's also not bad at all. Maybe worse in a dynasty since Glasnow would have more value. In a standard league though, that's basically Cain+ for Sale+. Chris Sale's not THAT much more valuable than Lorenzo Cain.

I mean to each their own, but in that league there aren't many pitchers out on waivers, maybe 5 that are going to be in the rotation. Sale is a annual Cy Young candidate. Cain has one good year. Glasnow is a top 5 prospect. The other two guys are WW material.

Would you seriously trade Sale for Cain?

I GIVE UP

Chris Sale

Tyler Glasnow

I GET

Lorenzo Cain

Jason Castro

Will Harris

Should message him back saying 'yea, my pitching is deep, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up a top pitcher for less than he's worth.' Or something to that effect.

I've noticed this in my other league where I'm deep in the OF. I have McCutchen, Harper, Stanton, JD Martinez and Springer. This is a keeper league started about 5 years ago, and I've basically had these guys from the start and a couple of picks when people were sleeping like Martinez.

I've been trying to get help elsewhere on my roster by shopping the guys around, but I keep getting offers like my guys are #3 OF guys overall, versus #3 on my roster because it is stacked. I guess people assume because someone has depth they will just relinquish it out of desperation for help elsewhere?

I GIVE UP

Chris Sale

Tyler Glasnow

I GET

Lorenzo Cain

Jason Castro

Will Harris

I mean to each their own, but in that league there aren't many pitchers out on waivers, maybe 5 that are going to be in the rotation. Sale is a annual Cy Young candidate. Cain has one good year. Glasnow is a top 5 prospect. The other two guys are WW material.

Would you seriously trade Sale for Cain?

Probably not, but that doesn't mean it's a "terrible " offer. Cain is still a valuable player. Jayson Werth for Chris Sale would be terrible.

First terrible trade offer of the season

I receive..

James Shields

Prince Fielder

Josh Harrison

I give..

Anthony Rizzo

Just received this one yesterday.

They receieve:

Clayton Kershaw

Trevor Story

I receieve:

Melky Cabrera

Michael Pineda

Just received this one yesterday.

They receieve:

Clayton Kershaw

Trevor Story

I receieve:

Melky Cabrera

Michael Pineda

WOW

I GIVE UP

Yu Darvish

I GET

Devon Travis

Comment: You need 2B help.

I need help, and I'm being offered a guy who will be back mid-year? Not only that, I snagged Darvish in the 15th round and stashed all last year and get him as a 13th rounder this year in this keeper league.

Give Springer to get DeGrom, keeper league with no limits, no prices, etc. Just lose a 1st-4th round pick designated for up to 4 keepers.

Own Kershaw and JoFer.

GTFO of here with that. Even as a Mets fan.

I was offered Perkins and Colome for DeGrom...and I am punting saves!

Idk if this is a bad trade or not but I need outfield help since Jay Bruce is my third outfielder behind Stanton and Pence so I was trying to grab Hanley from an owner for cheap but he wants Jay Bruce and Morales who is my utility guy anways and I could always put Victor Martinez in there if need be, pull the trigger or nah

I was offered Perkins and Colome for DeGrom...and I am punting saves!

This just went through in my league:

Commish gives Osuna. Gets DeGrom.

Can't prove collusion, but that's just an awful trade. Commish always taking advantage of goofy deals like that.