Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

Terrible Trade Offers 2016 Edition

Trade that just went through in my pathetic yahoo league...

Schwarber-after the end of season designation mind you- for Hosmer and Jaime Garcia...redraft league...

These trades are funny. I mean, if you're going to egregiously cheat, why do it for Eric Hosmer & Jaime Garcia?

Either that, or the guy doesn't know Schwarber is out for the year. And if you're going to pay that little attention to baseball, why play fantasy?

Exactly, what's the point?!!?

My Stanton and Frazier for

Granderson

Polanco

Moose

Zimmerman (SP)

I mean I guess it's not HORRIBLE but it had me going cmon man, throw some better names into the hat

Last week:

His Tulo+Belt

for

My Machado+Rizzo

Was astonished he'd even have the guts to offer a deal like that.

A day later he convinced an owner to trade him Posey+Frazier for Suarez+Vogt. Sigh......

give marte abreu kluber

get thor c santana piscotty

after i just beat this guy with 5 players on the DL

I got offered:

my Mookie Betts

for

his Anibal Sanchez

I'm not 100% sure I'd even pick up Sanchez if he was a FA.

I trade : Stanton

I receive: D. Ortiz and R.Porcello

and

I trade : B. Posey

I receive : rich hill and Vogt

and

I trade : Mike Trout

I receive : Jordan Zimmerman

All from same owner. his final offer (i hope)...

I trade: Stanton

I receive: Matt Harvey

Was offered Jose Abreu for my Sale. I countered with an equally stupid offer of my Cotham for Santiago Casilla. He accepted. I don't expect that to make it past the veto's. But regardless.

Was offered Jose Abreu for my Sale. I countered with an equally stupid offer of my Cotham for Santiago Casilla. He accepted. I don't expect that to make it past the veto's. But regardless.

How is Abreu for Sale terrible? I know he hasn't been great this year so far, but by season's end both should be among the very best at their positions.

How is Abreu for Sale terrible? I know he hasn't been great this year so far, but by season's end both should be among the very best at their positions.

I'll go one further and say Abreu for Sale is not only "not terrible", I wouldn't even call it "bad".

I trade : Stanton

I receive: D. Ortiz and R.Porcello

and

I trade : B. Posey

I receive : rich hill and Vogt

and

I trade : Mike Trout

I receive : Jordan Zimmerman

All from same owner. his final offer (i hope)...

I trade: Stanton

I receive: Matt Harvey

Good lord. I'd email the guy and ask him to please stop sending offers. Playing with people like that is just annoying.

The Stanton/Harvey offer isn't insultingly bad, at least not compared to the others.

Jose for Sale is an even trade.

I was offered Nick Markakis and Mat Latos for Andrew McCutchen...if anyone has an explanation to how this is fair, I'm listening.

I was offered Nick Markakis and Mat Latos for Andrew McCutchen...if anyone has an explanation to how this is fair, I'm listening.

Weed, lots and lots of weed.

I'll go one further and say Abreu for Sale is not only "not terrible", I wouldn't even call it "bad".

Exactly it's a pretty fair offer.

Don't understand it. It's like people think guys like Latos or Markakis will consistently perform at the level they are while guys like McCutchen, known studs, will suck for the entirety of the year

Got offered DJ LeMahieu and Gerardo Parra for my Jose Bautista in a one year...

Not only is the offer bad, I'd have to cut a player to make it happen.

I trade Jose Altuve

I get Dee Gordon and Maikel Franco

Was offered the day after the 80 game suspension

I give Marcus Stroman

I get Brandon Drury

Can't fault the guy for trying to sell high!

Just actually received this offer. I am still laughing.

I get: Odubel Herrera & Ryan Zimmerman

I give: G. Stanton & "any one of my closers" (he listed Papelbon in the offer, but would take any of my other two!) Nice of him.

Seriously???

Just actually received this offer. I am still laughing.

I get: Odubel Herrera & Ryan Zimmerman

I give: G. Stanton & "any one of my closers" (he listed Papelbon in the offer, but would take any of my other two!) Nice of him.

Seriously???

At least he's willing to be flexible in ripping you off.