Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

Terrible Trade Offers 2016 Edition

I give: deGrom, Goldy, Mookie, and Gregerson.

I Get: Votto, Story, Polanco, and Wilson Ramos.

His argument was that the trade analyzer on FantasySP.com said it was a fair trade.

I get: Julio Urias

I give: Jake Arrieta

Reasoning: Urias has the potential to be the best starter in the league one day

Okay, but Arrieta already is the best starter in the league, so....

My friend said he offered a trade to the guy with the worst pitching in our league and that he turned it down and said he doesn't understand why he would turn down a trade for pitching when it's so bad. I asked him what the trade was and he said he would give him Carlos Martinez and Luis Severino for Manny Machado.

Cmon dude...

Let my league know that I'm open to trading Correa as long as I get close to full value (85-90 cents on the dollar type deal)...

Immediately get offered:

Marcus Semien and Adam Eaton

Corey Seager and Rick Porcello

Marcus Semien and Colby Rasmus

Let my league know that I'm open to trading Correa as long as I get close to full value (85-90 cents on the dollar type deal)...

Immediately get offered:

Marcus Semien and Adam Eaton

Corey Seager and Rick Porcello

Marcus Semien and Colby Rasmus

Those offers are heinous

I give: deGrom, Goldy, Mookie, and Gregerson.

I Get: Votto, Story, Polanco, and Wilson Ramos.

His argument was that the trade analyzer on FantasySP.com said it was a fair trade.

Oh! Then that makes it a fair offer! How can you resist that argument? :)

Got a couple in a row from a couple different owners:

I give: Scherzer Bautista Giolito

I get: JD Martinez Felix Jake Lamb

I give: Votto

I get: Jay Bruce Bill Hamilton

I give: Votto Arrieta Scherzer

I get: Braun Mazara Valesquez

Got offered Smyly for Quintana... What motive would I have for that? Literally none.

Got offered Smyly for Quintana... What motive would I have for that? Literally none.

That's what you would call a "terrible offer"?

First off, that's a pretty minor move, IMO. Second off, I don't even think Quintana is all that much more valuable than Smyly anyway.

First off, that's a pretty minor move, IMO. Second off, I don't even think Quintana is all that much more valuable than Smyly anyway.

I think you missed the point of his post. What's the point in trading Quintana for Smyly? It'd be like trading Machado for Arenado or Sale for Arrieta

I think you missed the point of his post. What's the point in trading Quintana for Smyly? It'd be like trading Machado for Arenado or Sale for Arrieta

I don't know, it's not a "terrible" offer though.

Just looking briefly at their stats and assuming they stay consistent, you'd be improving your WHIP & Ks at the cost of ERA & Ws.

Asked a guy what is the price on Bautista. Guy wanted Arenado, Lance McCullers, David Dahl and my first round pick. Dynasty League keep forever.

I don't know, it's not a "terrible" offer though.

Just looking briefly at their stats and assuming they stay consistent, you'd be improving your WHIP & Ks at the cost of ERA & Ws.

Again, I don't think he's saying it's necessarily terrible, just completely pointless.

Again, I don't think he's saying it's necessarily terrible, just completely pointless.

Not necessarily. If that trade happened in my league, I would think it was just two owners making a trade based on personal preference.

In another league of mine:

I Give: Betts and Arrieta

I Get: Tyler White and Kyle Hendricks

I've also received from another owner:

Give: Betts and Arrieta

Get: Goldy

This is a keeper league... but Goldy is not eligible to be kept this year.

i wonder what other owners are thinking sending these trades... you have to think they would be vetoed in 99% of leagues

white and kendricks 4 betts arrieta....ha

Not necessarily. If that trade happened in my league, I would think it was just two owners making a trade based on personal preference.

Yeah you missed the point man... It's not considered a "terrible" trade offer, but w/ how well Quintana has been pitching (currently #5 PRK), compared to Smyly (#12 PRK) who we all know pitches in the AL East and clearly has more injury-risk due to past events... Where's the motive? I'm sure not a die-hard Rays fan.

Yeah you missed the point man... It's not considered a "terrible" trade offer, but w/ how well Quintana has been pitching (currently #5 PRK), compared to Smyly (#12 PRK) who we all know pitches in the AL East and clearly has more injury-risk due to past events... Where's the motive? I'm sure not a die-hard Rays fan.

Well, the thread is called "terrible offers", not " fairly unbeneficial offers ".

^ Well I felt Id mix it up a bit, instead of posting the some ole boring unbalanced offers

OBP league offered a guy Belt for Cole. He countered with Fowler and Belt for Snell, Vizcaino, and Souza.

Someone asked me about Brendan Rodgers in a dynasty. I said that I'd be willing to listen. So, here's the first offer (and probably last) that I got:

I give: Brendan Rodgers

I get: Alex Gordon

I already have Bruce, Polanco, J. Upton, McCutchen, Gardner and Conforto as outfielders.

Two different owners...

I GIVE: Andrew McCutchen

I GET: Yordano Ventura

I GIVE: Matt Harvey, Jesse Hahn (pre-blow up)

I GET: Addison Russell

I send: Springer, Sano, Wright, and Sanchez

I get: CDavis, Rendon, Jepson, and Miller

I don't think this is so terrible .. a bunch of players where nobody stands out. each one is crap in there own way

I send: Springer, Sano, Wright, and Sanchez

I get: CDavis, Rendon, Jepson, and Miller

Honestly I think you might get the better side here. In no way is this a "terrible" offer