Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CoorsFieldRox

Josh Hader - SP MIL

4ip, 0h, 3bb, 7k, 0r

Season line looking very good so far. Needs to work on command for sure, 83 pitches through 4 right now, but this was a nice matchup vs Amir garret where he clearly looked better.

Watched some of the game today.. He has great stuff, but his control was erratic.. If he gets thats worked out I think he has a chance to be a legit #2/3 starter.. if not, I think he has the stuff to be a dominant closer. Either way he should be valuable in dynasty.

No chance they would jump this guy up to the bigs for Jungmann is there?[/quote

Why not? Keep an eye on twitter

I would say no, his control has been pretty erratic to start the season so far.. I think he's still got quite a bit more refining to do. I would like to see him stay in AA/AAA for a lot of the year.

I think the next guy up is Guerra, the Lopez. Don't think Hader makes the jump without passing through Colorado Springs

I would say no, his control has been pretty erratic to start the season so far.. I think he's still got quite a bit more refining to do. I would like to see him stay in AA/AAA for a lot of the year.

But there is a chance

There is a non-zero chance here but extraordinarily unlikely. He's got work to do and needs a full year in AA in all likelihood-

His scheduled start is tomorrow, Saturday. Jungmann's rotation spot is Tuesday, so if there's any chance he's getting the call, I'd be paying attention to how they handle his start tomorrow, or if he starts at all.

6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, and 5 K's tonight. 89 pitches, 54 for strikes.

Good to see he went 6IP tonight, I kept waiting for this dang game to start... Didn't wait long enough I guess.

Good to see he went 6IP tonight, I kept waiting for this dang game to start... Didn't wait long enough I guess.

I think Hader is going to get pulled at 5 quite often. I wouldn't read into to as Hader can't go deep into games. I think it's more so The Brewers would just prefer to not burn up his innings in the minors and save them for when he's up in the majors.

I think Hader is going to get pulled at 5 quite often. I wouldn't read into to as Hader can't go deep into games. I think it's more so The Brewers would just prefer to not burn up his innings in the minors and save them for when he's up in the majors.

I agree that he will get pulled before he goes deep into games, just to save some innings later.. But the few starts before that he was pulled because of pitch counts.. I believe he was around 86/87 pitches through 4IP the few games before.. Last game his control was much better than the two before.

4/18- 83 pitches 4IP

4/24- 87 pitches 4IP

4/30- 89 pitches 6IP

Looks like they'll keep him right around the 80s for a bit.

I really thought that he'd spend most of year developing in AA, maybe some time in the springs of Colorado...but Counsil's comments suggest he was considered for the open rotation spot today. Just an FYI-

I really thought that he'd spend most of year developing in AA, maybe some time in the springs of Colorado...but Counsil's comments suggest he was considered for the open rotation spot today. Just an FYI-

Same here.. Would you mind posting the link to the interview? Curious to see what was said..

I agree that he will get pulled before he goes deep into games, just to save some innings later.. But the few starts before that he was pulled because of pitch counts.. I believe he was around 86/87 pitches through 4IP the few games before.. Last game his control was much better than the two before.

4/18- 83 pitches 4IP

4/24- 87 pitches 4IP

4/30- 89 pitches 6IP

Looks like they'll keep him right around the 80s for a bit.

Yeah, but in the majors they'll eventually stretch him out beyond 100 pitches. I bet the last start before he gets called up they let him go over 100 pitches. He's very close to a call up. I'm thinking about stashing him in some of my more shallow leagues.

Same here.. Would you mind posting the link to the interview? Curious to see what was said..

I live local and heard it on the pre/post game hit on Sun. They asked about Hader being considered and he said there was a lot of conversation about it and said it was 'real close' on the decision. Was quite surprised-

So it sounds like he will be up soon, is he worth the stash? What kind of upside are we talking about

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I think it's still gonna be a bit before he see's the bigs..

I came across this article late last night..

"If you're in Triple-A, you're in the conversation," Counsell said. "But I think Junior's pitched better than Jorge Lopez. Jorge's struggled in his first four starts. I think Junior right now was a pretty clear-cut choice."

Lopez was 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA in two starts with the Brewers last September but has struggled to get anything going this season with the Sky Sox. His WHIP of 2.51 is worst on the team.

"He's been hit hard," Counsell said. "I don't know if this is a theme, but he's struggled at levels that he's gone to — the next level. Jimmy Nelson has struggled at the next level occasionally. You're aware of that and you want to try to let him work himself through that.

"It feels like he's certainly too good to pitch like he's been pitching."

Counsell said left-hander Josh Hader was not considered as a possible call-up despite posting a 0.78 ERA and 32 strikeouts in five starts (23 innings) at Class AA Biloxi.

Again. And again.

What are we dealing with here?

Sounds like he's ready for AAA at least

That's the thing that gets me. His first AA start was 2014! He spent all year there last year. Did really well! Ticked up in the AFL. He's ready for the next step for sure.