Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MV1369

AUCTION - $750 per tm - 12 teams H2H - YAHOO need 2 more

This is a $750 per team AUCTION league run on Yahoo, re-draft no keepers. This is the 3rd season of this league and we have 2 openings right now to fill the 12 teams,
All $$ goes to PRIZES, I am not getting a free entry like some other commissioners on this forum running big $$ leagues. All funds are in League Safe with majority allocation.
please email me at mikevod11@yahoo.com if interested in joining.

The COMMISH NOTE and League Settings are below, the AUCTION date and time are not 100% set.
Thanks
Mike V
Commish
Welcome to the 3rd season of the AUCTION 750 LEAGUE (this year fees are now 750) Please check the LEAGUE SETTINGS link above for the main details. League draft time could be changed only if all 12 teams agree, so it is pretty much set in stone. This will be a 12 team league with no divisions as in my experienced opinion 2 or 3 divisions makes luck more of a factor than without.

All funds [$750 per team] collected thru League Safe thru Majority Vote payout. There will be no other payment methods, all funds go thru League Safe and must be cleared 2 weeks before auction date / time, no later than midnight of March 16th! If you don't pay by then, then it is first come first pay for your spot.

Auction Budgets will be $280 per team. This is $20 more than the $260 per team which is YAHOO DEFAULT. This is because we will be drafting 2 more starting players than the YAHOO DEFAULT lineup based on $260. All values you see on Yahoo’s list are based on $260, though as most know they are not that accurate anyway.

WAIVER PICKUPS will be processed every day and all players will continually be in Waiver Status. The minimum bid will be $0 and maximum bid will be $1,000 because everyone will get $1,000 budget thru the whole year,
including playoffs so need to budget wisely. When a player is dropped they will stay on Waiver status for 2 full days before being open to the other 11 teams.

AUCTION BID Clock will reset to 10 seconds after every single dollar click and Nomination time will be 30 seconds. This Auction will take about 2 hours and 30 minutes, give or take 15 minutes.

Prize breakdown [ALL $9,000 is paid out, I am not keeping anything]

REGULAR SEASON

1st place = $ 2,000
2nd place = $ 1,000
3rd place = $ 600

PLAYOFFS

1st place = $ 2,900
2nd place = $ 1,400
3rd place = $ 700
4th place = $ 400

TRADE REVIEW
It will be by TEAM VOTING [Yahoo default] but with 10 team voting as the backup deciding factor.
This means Yahoo Voting is the FIRST ITERATION of review where only 4 Veto’s are needed to void a trade. The review period is 2 days.

The 2nd iteration then comes into play ONLY IF a trade gets veto’d with the 4 Yahoo button votes against. This second round means I then send out a vote to the 10 teams NOT INVOLVED in the trade and see if 6 VETOs are cast. It will take at least 6 VETOs to cancel a trade permanently. This email and message board voting period will not end until we have either 6 VETOs or 5 Oks. If it takes 5 days or 10 days to do this then so be it.
The ONLY way a trade will NOT be reinstated is if one or more of the pending players in trade goes on the DL. SEE NOTE BELOW on this DL rule. So for example a pitcher involved in the trade goes 0 & 2 with a 54.00 ERA during this second voting period it does not mean the side getting him can back out. Or if a player in the trade gets dinged up and misses a game or 2 without going on the DL, this will also not allow the team getting him to back out of the trade during this 2nd voting period. If no DL assignment is confirmed by the team (don’t need to see a red DL next to players name from Yahoo, an official team announcement will be enough) then the trade gets REINSTATED and PROCESSED immediately if teams vote 5 Oks or more for it.

IMPORTANT NOTE - If one of the players involved in a PENDING / REVIEW STATUS trade goes on the DL during EITHER of TWO possible REVIEW periods, even if just for 7 days concussion DL, the team GETTING the DL player has the right to then UNDO the trade. If both teams have players going on the DL while trade is still in PENDING / REVIEW status then both teams get that choice and if one wants then trade is UNDONE. The “red DL” tag status next to the hurt player’s name is not necessary for this DL status. If an announcement is made thru a TEAM OFFICIAL that says that player is going on the DL that day , or tomorrow etc. then that is enough too.
LIVE AUCTION BIDDING
Rebidding on players during the LIVE auction will be granted for only ONE REASON. That is if someone fat fingers a manual bid of say $112 when he meant to bid just $12. For a bid to be reversed in this situation it has to be 100% obvious to all it was a mistake, in other words if the bid is 10x or more than the player is worth for players that are not $1 or $2 players. If someone manually/types bids $44 for someone like Albert Pujols and then says he meant to type in only $24, then unfortunately the $44 stays cause it is not a 100% obvious fat finger. This will be up to the discretion of the commissioner, though I don’t think we will have an situation where this occurs.

Rebidding for players will NOT happen due to the following, and is not limited to these situations either: TEMPORARY loss of internet connection by just 1 individual, accidental bidding, or bidding on the wrong Upton, or Chris Davis etc. There will be no exceptions other than a fat finger $112 bid, you will need to make sure you have a solid net hookup. I have been doing auctions on line for 12 years and have found this is the best and fairest way.

I will however give out my cell number for someone to call me and let me know they are having trouble getting back into the auction. This means being disconnected for at least a couple of minutes. As such I reserve the right to pause the auction up to 3 times (but no more than 3 times) during the auction, and I can use this function for any reason deemed necessary for the betterment of the league. *Note if software does not allow pausing, no pausing shall be granted during the auction.

Thanks,
Mike V.
Setting Value League ID#: 34460 League Name: AUCTION $750 Auto-renew Enabled: No Password: Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/auction750 Season Type: Full Draft Type: Live Auction Draft Draft Time: Thu Mar 31 8:30pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ] Max Teams: 12 Scoring Type: Head-to-Head Player Universe: All baseball New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them View List of Forced Players Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum Trade Reject Time: 2 Trade End Date: August 14, 2016 Allow Draft Pick Trades: No Waiver Time: 2 days Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak Waiver Mode: Continuous Waiver Processing Days: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday Can't Cut List Provider: None Trade Review: League Votes Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules Max Acquisitions per Week: 4 Min Innings Pitched: 28 Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today Start Scoring on: Week 1 Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams) Note: Week 25 runs 7 days from Sep 26 to Oct 2 Playoff Tie-Breaker: Higher seed wins Playoff Reseeding: Yes Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes Divisions: No Make League Publicly Viewable: No Invite Permissions: Commissioner Only Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG) Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

ALL $9,000 paid by the 12 teams goes to PAYOUTS

no BS haircut by the commissioner (me) or website fees