Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwz

Favorite NFL pools

The season isn't even a week over and I'm already thinking about next year...

I'm looking for a new NFL pool to run next year. I'd like a season-long type thing that isn't necessarily fantasy related. Here are a couple that I have done and liked, or have heard of and am interested in:

-Against the Spread Pick'em. Each team starts with 10,000 points. You bet on 4 games every week and you can wager varying amounts from 100 up to 10,000. Must pick 4 games every week. In the playoffs, you must wager at least half of your points every week.

-Survivor pool. Pick one winner every week straight up. If they win, you advance to the next week. If they lose, you're out. You can pick an NFL team once per season.

-Underdog Pool. You pick 1 underdog every week. If they win straight up, you earn the points in the spread. For example, if the Panthers are a 4.5 point favorite over the Eagles, and the Eagles win the game by any score, you get 4.5 points for that week. If the Eagles lose straight up, you get 0.

-DFS Style weekly challenge. Pick a lineup every week and play total points against everyone else. You cannot re-use any players in subsequent weeks.

I was wondering if you guys have any other NFL pools that you really like? Looking for some suggestions for next year.