Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cher103

Colby Rasmus

Is Rasmus a better keeper than Adam Jones? I have Jones, but Rasmus is just sitting out there! It's killing me!

I'd rather have Rasmus. If you cqan sacrifice the PT of Jones w/o hurting your depth, I'd make the move.

I have Rasmus on my farm and protected the spot by drafting Shumacker. I figure at some point the Cards call up Rasmus but everything I'm reading is Larussa's manlove for Shumacker.

Apparently there was an article on Scout.com (which I cannot see) that has Rasmus' dad going off about the Cardinals treatment of Colby this year. Trade speculation potentially as well.

I checked a few other sites, but could not find anything else.

Just found this: http://futureredbirds.com/2008/05/18/daily...m-report-51708/

Lets hope he gets back to his old ways... (and that the Cardinals stop trying to fix what was not broken)

BP had an article saying how he might be mentally out of it from not making the squad out of ST.

BP had an article saying how he might be mentally out of it from not making the squad out of ST.

if that is the case then, his status as a top prospect is pretty much done. if you don't have the mental game to go with the physical one then you are at best average. prime example is J.R. Rider's NBA career, all the physical tools but no mental game

A guy with this much talent suddenly going south? Seems psychological to me. Instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, the Cards SHOULD call him up to the major league squad for a determined period of time. As crazy as that sounds, given his numbers, the Cards should give him a vote of confidence and say, "okay, you're really struggling at AAA, but this is an aberration. Come up for 10 days and get in some swings at major league pitching and see what happens." Seriously. There's not much to lose, and if getting a taste of the Show manages to dislodge some hangup, it could make a differenece. Give the kid a vote of confidence, because dropping him back to AA would probably be worse at this point...

Added: It's not unusual to see a struggling minor leaguer get bumped up a level and improve dramatically because they are forced to make adjustments they wouldn't make at the lower level. One adjustment could straighten this out, but the Cards have to give the kid some at-bats. He hit extremely well against major league pitching in spring training. He's not going to be devoured by wolves if they bring him up.

Targeted both Bruce and Rasmus in keeper leagues - both were sent down and were not happy with it - but where as Colby has sulked and stunk up the place, Bruce has been tearing the cover off the ball to the point where rotogeeks are posting daily updates about is performances and potential call up. Colby needs to take a page from Bruce and be a pro - start producing and his chance will come - the entitlement on some of these guys is crazy!

Rasmus is 5-18 in his last 5 games...with 4 Ks and 4 BBs. Considering how poorly he's played this season in AAA, I would consider this a hot streak.

He's 3-3 tonight. I'd expect him to be up before Bruce or Longoria. That's my gut feeling. How long can Schumacker seriously hold down CF?

Guess you was wrong on both counts. B)

I think the cardinals are content with him staying in triple A right now. First of all he has struggled all year and even if he were to turn it around I dont think they bring him up for anything other than a september callup. I think he's still a year away.

I think the cardinals are content with him staying in triple A right now. First of all he has struggled all year and even if he were to turn it around I dont think they bring him up for anything other than a september callup. I think he's still a year away.

Agreed. Rasmus won't be up any time soon. He is barley hitting .200 in AAA. Let him stay down there and build up his confidence. Hopefully he will win the CF job out of spring training next year...

I am surprised they sent Duncan down though...

Don't look now but Colby is heating up...... 14 for his last 31.....

Just what i was about to point out, its around the time that he has always hit good and I could see him carrying his hot hitting for the rest of the year to rebuild his big time prospect status that some started to doubt. Homerun #8 today.

He is hitting .410 with two homers, seven RBI and nine runs scored in his past 10 games...

if you had to pick one would it be Rasmus or Mccutchen?

He is hitting .410 with two homers, seven RBI and nine runs scored in his past 10 games...

if you had to pick one would it be Rasmus or Mccutchen?

Rasmus, by far...He is going to be the next Grady Sizemore NL version...

Well I picked up Rasmus and will hold on to see if he is worthy of one of my 15 keepers!

Am keeping McCutchen on my radar though!

Any updates on Rasmus. I just traded for him in my keeper league.

He supposedly has missed the past few days b/c of a sprained ankle.

He supposedly has missed the past few days b/c of a sprained ankle.
groin strain.

Oh the ankle muscle's connected to the groin muscle...

i heard it was a right eye laceration...