Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cher103

Colby Rasmus

Are we sure it wasn't a broken/twisted testicle or anal fissures?

Whatever it was, looking like he is on the DL.. But coming back soon.. Hopefully he gets it going, he might be a bat/glove that could help STL this year, rather than next.

Are we sure it wasn't a broken/twisted testicle or anal fissures?

we can keep 15 players... is he "top 15 worthy" ?

i am tempted to drop him when some of my DL'd players get healthy.....

Colby is back and 5-8 his past two games with a dinger.

Wonder if they'll put him in the AFL to make up for lost time - pitching isn't quite on par with the bats, so I don't know if they'll see it as good enough to help sharpen him for ST attempt to make the big club in 2009.

any recent news or speculation on this guy? i drafted him mid last season when we started a minor league system, and i'm just wondering if i'll get to call him up this year. think he'll play for the cards? where will he start the year?

any recent news or speculation on this guy? i drafted him mid last season when we started a minor league system, and i'm just wondering if i'll get to call him up this year. think he'll play for the cards? where will he start the year?

From things I've read, he should definitely be called up. If they move Ankiel, then he will start.

I see him starting the year in AAA, unless they find a way to move Ankiel. I just don't see them being able to move Ankiel at this point though.

Ankiel should go to the Yankees. Aren't they are going to need OF's after this year (or this year if someone gets hurt).

I see him starting the year in AAA, unless they find a way to move Ankiel. I just don't see them being able to move Ankiel at this point though.

Agreed.

As a cardinals fan, it pains me to say this, but he will more than likely be starting the year in AAA again.

It's been said by the GM that if he has a great spring, he'll be coming north with the big league ball club, but our FO hasn't been so forthcoming with their information lately, so there is no way of knowing how much truth lies in that statement.

We already have a crowded outfield as is, so the only way Rasmus will be here is if an OFer gets moved. Personally i don't see it happening, as FO seems to be content with the current team.

just took this kid with my 1st round minors pick in my dynasty league...let's hope he brings the noise in '09 and years to come..

just took this kid with my 1st round minors pick in my dynasty league...let's hope he brings the noise in '09 and years to come..

yea i did the same last year, even during his injuries, so i'm with you. correct me if i'm wrong, but he doesn't really hit for average right? he's more of an elite power/speed combination, similar to grady sizemore, maybe?

yea i did the same last year, even during his injuries, so i'm with you. correct me if i'm wrong, but he doesn't really hit for average right? he's more of an elite power/speed combination, similar to grady sizemore, maybe?

You can expect ~.280-.290.

The kid has great plate discipline, so i think it's a fair assessment.

And yea, the player he always gets compared to is Sizemore.