Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DivisionVision

MLB Division Manager 2016

Loving my NL west choice more and more everyday. Honestly forgot about Arenado when I made that choice.

I love how this league is set up - there is great parity in terms of pitching and hitting in each division.

Don't be sleeping on NL Central everyone.

Young players in the AL West I’ll be keeping an eye on.

Ketel Marte Sea - SS

Billy Burns Oak - OF

Delino DeShields Tex - OF

Rougned Odor Tex - 2B

Lance McCullers Hou - SP

Taijuan Walker Sea - SP

Young players in the AL West Ill be keeping an eye on.

Ketel Marte Sea - SS

Billy Burns Oak - OF

Rougned Odor Tex - 2B

Lance McCullers Hou - SP

Taijuan Walker Sea - SP

As a Mariners fan, Marte is great but I don't see him overtaking Correa as your SS any time soon

Ketel Marte Sea - SS

Billy Burns Oak - OF

Rougned Odor Tex - 2B

Lance McCullers Hou - SP

Taijuan Walker Sea - SP

As a Mariners fan, Marte is great but I don't see him overtaking Correa as your SS any time soon
Yes Marte is a “keep an eye on” vs Correa - “Can’t take eyes off”
Since you are a Mariner fan, I’ll be looking forward to hearing your take on them.

Ketel Marte Sea - SS

Billy Burns Oak - OF

Rougned Odor Tex - 2B

Lance McCullers Hou - SP

Taijuan Walker Sea - SP

Yes Marte is a keep an eye on vs Correa - Cant take eyes off

Since you are a Mariner fan, Ill be looking forward to hearing your take on them.

Whereas last year's team had high expectations (had the second best odds of winning the ALCS, behind the Red Sox), and they vastly underperformed, I think this year's squad, which has expectations of mediocrity, I see this team having potential to vastly exceed those expectations and become a legitimate contender. Jerry DiPoto (or JeDi, as he's affectionately known in some Mariners circles, has managed to mostly shed the two major flaws of the Jack Z era, namely poor on-base skills and outfield defense (the worst flaws to have in an extreme pitcher's park like Safeco).

Last year, our team OBP was .311, this year Steamer projects .320 (and I see plenty of room for improvement on that projection). Our outfield UZR was -22.7, steamer projects our outfield defense at +3 runs this year.

I was ready to accept our rotation as it was (which was roughly average), and then the baseball gods unexpectedly returned our beloved Kuma Bear to us. That not only made us better at the top of the rotation (which made the rotation a strength), but made me much more confident in our depth.

The bullpen is a question mark, but a question mark as in not sure what to expect, not as in we expect poor performance. Out of all those buy lows and bounceback candidates, a couple are bound to hit, which should provide a good core with the reliable Benoit and Furbush. Also really like Tony Zych's upside as a potential lockdown setup man.

Where does your rooting interest lie, Division Vision?

Mysonx3, Awesome thumbnail sketch of what’s going on over there, thanks.

I started out as an M’s fan (I live in the northwest) but over the last few years I have become a Houston Astro fan and have lost track of the M’s outside of fantasy numbers.

I’m a big MLB Radio guy, and for some weird reason out of all the AL West radio guys, I found that enjoyed listening to Astro radio the most. They just slowly but surely sucked me into their club. This also happened to be about the time the Astros started to pick up momentum. It’s been a fun ride.

If there isn’t an Astro game on, I still enjoy checking out an M’s, tex, oak, angel broadcast.

Mysonx3,

I followed Leonys Martin when he was with Texas. I’m glad the M’s are giving him a shot, he could be an exciting player. I have no idea what happened to his 2015 season??? He’s young so I wouldn’t be surprised if the M’s get the 2014 version. His acquisition makes more sense based on what you mentioned about the team’s direction.