NYR Fan 116894

A.J. Puk - SP OAK

4 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Mid-season can mean a lot of things and we aren't even at the point where setbacks usually occur. It would be a massive red flag if he was not on the timeline at this point in the rehab process. There are so many hurdles left that I would think the odds favor Puk (and Honeywell) not losing their rookie eligibility status. MLB call up for sure, but more than 50 MLB innings seems aggressive to me. Am I missing something obvious with this innings projection? 

50 IP would be ten starts when the BABY him back in. We all know how this goes when they are coming back, 3 innings starts in the minors then to the bullpen in the majors when called up

18 hours ago, BIG SKI said:

50 IP would be ten starts when the BABY him back in. We all know how this goes when they are coming back, 3 innings starts in the minors then to the bullpen in the majors when called up

I wasn't looking at it like he is being babied...more like he has a limited number of bullets to fire so the A's are probably going to save them for crunch time if they are in the playoff mix. I tend to think that teams go with a bullpen role for a starter only to cap the innings. Obviously, Puk is going to start with a very strict pitch count and slowly build up while in the minors. I just think Puk is on the 2020 radar and not the 2019 radar (obviously depends on your roster formats and league settings)