Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brockpapersizer

Zach Borenstein OF ARI

Got a blurb yesterday, 1-1 with a triple today.

The poster formerly known as Posting in the Clutch's brother.

The old thread was archived and couldnt be bumped up.

I miss PiTC dropping the hammer in some threads.

If the DBacks can scoop Peralta off the street, 'Zona might be good for Zach. He's always outperformed his scouting reports, it seems. Come to camp as a NRI, Yasmany pulls his hamstring in mid-April..... never know.

Miss him too.

Miss him too.

I say we start a petition to bring him back?

I do know Zach worked with legendary hitting coach Charlie Lau this offseason. So he's looking towards a big season. I already know in my heart Borenstein is a better hitter than Yasmany Tomas... Peter O'Brien is the guy I'm really concerned about. But I really think he can make the leap this year. This guy has been working his a** off.

Ah, I remember him having a hot head; we got into it when discussing Harper at the beginning of the year last year.

But back on topic, do we actually see anything here? He has nice minor league numbers but he's 25 and has never really been mentioned besides here because he's related to someone on the boards.

Borenstein is pretty ripped..huge arms and legs. He's not really built like your average baseball player.

The D-Backs announcers have raved about him today in their broadcast on the MLB Network.

He went 0-4 with 3 K's... But importantly he finally got to hit the entire game.

Might as well give RW forums legend Zach Borenstein a bump. He'll be representing Team Israel in the WBC

Also here's a clip from last year. Might have even been uploaded by former RW board legend PITC

some mlb guys in that video now, Lugo (mets), Haniger (Seattle).

Funny that his brother was posting here. Reminds me of when Tyler Cravy's brother got pissed someone picked Tyler up in his fantasy league. reddit link

Yeah when the D-Backs first got Hazelbaker I was like great another OF but then they moved Haniger and O'Brien so the door to the big leagues should open up for Borenstein at some point.  Maybe with a strong WBC / spring he could even break camp.

Playing for team Israel in the WBC.

On February 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

some mlb guys in that video now, Lugo (mets), Haniger (Seattle).

Funny that his brother was posting here. Reminds me of when Tyler Cravy's brother got pissed someone picked Tyler up in his fantasy league. reddit link

I'm glad this thread got bumped so I could read that gem about Cravy haha. I know both of them, I played summer ball with Tyler and against him in high school and college. 

On topic, it's funny this thread popped up as I was watching the WBC game and noticed how giant this kid is and had impressive minor league numbers. 

k-rate is pretty rough, but he can take a walk and he's obviously got power.. wonder if he'll get a chance to be a platoon bench bat one day. don't know anything about his defense, though.