Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mysonx3

Willy Adames - SS TB

BP's fantasy top 101 has him 54th and says he could be a Jhonny Peralta type at the plate. I love me some Peralta, so you know I was all over that.

BA has him 46th and gives him a 55 future grade for both hit and power, which means they are thinking he could be a .270 hitter with 19-22 homers. They also give him a 55 fielding grade and 60 arm, so they seem to think he can stick at short.

Do you know how many SS hit .270 with 19 homers last year? Just Carlos Correa.

I realize that's not very scientific, but I think this guy doesn't get enough press from a fantasy perspective.

He's not dripping with upside, but I think he has a chance to be a very solid fantasy SS in the mold of Peralta.

Wow nothing else on him yet? Solid start at AA with 4 homers already and the BBs are very nice. Even 6SBs thrown in too, though I'm not sure that's meant to be something that sticks long term, maybe he can run while he's young. Range of rankings on him, BA does seem the highest, but most include him well in the top 100.

SS's with good power certainly don't grow on trees.

He's terrific. Now slashing .284/.393/.515 as a 20 year old in the Southern League. I'm very high on him, a lot higher than most. I think he has legitimate 25 HR/25 stolen base future upside.

BP's fantasy top 101 has him 54th and says he could be a Jhonny Peralta type at the plate. I love me some Peralta, so you know I was all over that.

BA has him 46th and gives him a 55 future grade for both hit and power, which means they are thinking he could be a .270 hitter with 19-22 homers. They also give him a 55 fielding grade and 60 arm, so they seem to think he can stick at short.

Do you know how many SS hit .270 with 19 homers last year? Just Carlos Correa.

I realize that's not very scientific, but I think this guy doesn't get enough press from a fantasy perspective.

He's not dripping with upside, but I think he has a chance to be a very solid fantasy SS in the mold of Peralta.

As long as he's not Johnny Peralta at the buffet table.

SS situation in Tampa been rough, he is very young but wonder if we could see him late 2016/early 2017.

Crazy how little attention he gets for the power/speed combo he's showing at a premium position at such a young age in AA. His numbers are actually eerily similar to Xander Bogaerts in AA in 2013 at the same age.

4th in the Southern League in OPS (.845) and OBP (.381) at this point. Willy's been average vs RHP with a .778 OPS but is mashing LHP at a 1.045 OPS. 

Currently on a very nice hitting streak. Getting on base is his skill and it comes with a little pop/speed. 

Any guesses of what type of line average line he spits out or similar comps?