Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palehose

Starting a Very Unique Form of Mashup Dynasty League.

I was going to wait until next year to form this league but I have found it surprisingly difficult to find a good Dynasty League to join so I am starting my own. (Please read the first post in this thread as it contains a lot more information about the league).

For this league each owner will have two MLB teams. The first of these teams will be used to select 15 keepers for the ESPN roster and then this franchise has nothing to do with your team from that moment forward. The second of the teams is your MiLB franchise and it remains yours for the duration of the league. You own every player in that minor league system and will own every minor league player who is drafted by that team. There can be other players in your minor league system as well but those rules are for a different post.

This will be a 14 team head to head points league and only very active owners need apply. All drafts are offline and if you are not a speedy drafter "swipe left" because this league is not for you. There will be a chat box on the ESPN page as well as on the ProBoards site which is created for the league. Any owner who proves himself to not be active will be removed from the league and replaced. You must set your lineup every day, you must respond to all trade requests in a timely manner, you must participate in all league polls in a timely manner. You must DRAFT IN A VERY TIMELY MANNER. You also must log into the Proboards site each and every day during drafts and at least once a week during the season. You should log into your ESPN team EVERY DAY during the season. I do not consider it being active to set your lineup days in advance - it must be set each and every day. If this sounds like I am being overly strict than this league is not for you.

Only the active need apply.

URL to the league page: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=40322&seasonId=2016

Batters No Limit

Pitchers limit of 7 Games Started per contest

Batting Points

Singles (1B) 1 Doubles (2B) 2

Triples (3B) 3 Home Runs (HR) 4

Walks (BB) 1 Runs Scored ® 2

Runs Batted In (RBI) 2 Stolen Bases (SB) 2

Strikeouts (K) -1 Intentional Walks (IBB) 1

Hit by Pitch (HBP) 1 Sacrifices (SAC) 1

Game Winning RBI (GWRBI) 1 Caught Stealing (CS) -1

Ground into Double Plays (GIDP) -2 Hitting for the Cycle (CYC) 12

Grand Slam Home Runs (GSHR) 8 Errors (E) -2

Pitching Points

Innings Pitched (IP) 9 Earned Runs (ER) -3

Wins (W) 6 Losses (L) -5

Saves (SV) 6 Blown Saves (BS) -3

Strikeouts (K) 1 Hits Allowed (H) -1

Walks Issued (BB) -1 Shutouts (SO) 10

Hit Batsmen (HB) -1 Wild Pitches (WP) -1

Pick Offs (PKO) 2 Holds (HD) 4

Complete Games (CG) 5 Quality Starts (QS) 8

No Hitters (NH) 10 Perfect Games (PG) 10

Observe ESPN's Undroppable Players List No

Player Universe All MLB

Lineup Changes Daily - Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime

Player Acquisition System Waivers

Season Acquisition Limit No Limit

Matchup Acquisition Limit No Limit

Waiver Period 1 Day

Waiver Order Move to Last After Claim, Never Reset Order

Trade Limit No Limit

Trade Deadline Friday, September 9, 12PM ET

Votes Required to Veto Trade LM Only Vetos

Use Keepers for 2016 Season Yes

2016 Keepers Per Team 15

Use Keepers for 2017 Season Yes

2017 Keepers Per Team 26

Start of Regular Season Week 1 (Start of Season)

Weeks per Matchup 1

Regular Season Matchups 21 (Playoffs start Week 22)

Matchup Tie Breaker None

Home Field Advantage None

Playoff Teams 8 (3 rounds 2 byes)

Weeks per Playoff Matchup 1 week per round

Playoff Seeding Tie Breaker Total Points For

Playoff Home Field Advantage Home Team Receives +6 Points

Draft Type Offline

A random draft generator will be used to determine the team selection order (http://fftoolbox.scout.com/draft_order_generator.cfm). There will then be a two round (snake) draft for determining franchises. You will select both a MLB and a MiLB franchise – one in the first round and the other in the second round. Your MLB franchise is the team from which you will choose your original 15 keepers after that the team will have ZERO significance to you moving forward. Your MiLB franchise is yours for the duration of the league. You now own every single prospect in that franchises whole minor league system and you will own every player that franchise drafts for the duration of our leagues existence. Once a player loses his prospect designation (130 ab or 50 ip) he is no longer protected unless he is on your 30 man MiLB roster and even then he must be called up prior to the next season.

Once you have your teams you will select your minor league players and your keepers.

For your minor league system you first list 22 players from your “MiLB” franchise’s farm system. We then have a five round draft to fill the positions 23-30. Any player with less than 130 ab and 50 ip may be signed to your minor league system as long as that player has actually signed a contract with an MLB franchise. The first 22 players must be from your own MiLB franchise but numbers 23-30 (the draft) can be from the farm systems of any of the 16 non claimed farm systems (yes this includes minor league players not claimed from the owned MLB franchises). You of course CANNOT draft any minor league players from the other 13 PROTECTED minor league systems. The players in your MiLB system do not have to be in the ESPN player pool. These players are yours for the year and you may call them up to your ESPN roster or drop them at any time and you retain their rights. Before the next year’s season begins you will need to decide Promote, Retain, or Drop for all 30 of your prospects.

If you have a prospect who crosses the rookie barrier (130 ab or 50 ip) you will have to promote him to your ESPN roster prior to the draft or that player will enter into the draft pool. If you drop a prospect from another franchise that player goes into the draft pool. If you drop a prospect (still under the rookie thresholds) from YOUR franchises minor league system that player remains in your farm but is no longer protected against a real life MLB trade. The difference between a prospect on your minor league roster and one who is not is the protection that being on the roster provides. If I am the Red Sox and I do not have Devers on my minor league roster and Devers is traded in MLB baseball then I just lost him. If, however, I had Devers on my MiLB roster he would be protected against trade. Another difference between a rostered minor league player and one who is not in your 30 man minor leagues is the year-long protection. We will use Devers again. If I am the Red Sox and I do NOT have Devers in my minors he is still protected against other people claiming him but only until he hits his rookie threshold. If Devers crosses 130 at bats during the year ANY owner may now claim him off of waivers while he would be untouchable had he been on my 30 man roster.

For the MLB portion of your team (ESPN roster) you first select 15 players from your MLB franchise - all 15 of these players must be in the ESPN player pool as they must all be added to your ESPN roster before the draft. These players may have any level of experience (from pure prospects to 20 year veterans) as long as they are in the ESPN player pool and can be added to your roster. You only hold the rights to these players for as long as they are on your roster. If you drop them they are free game for another owner to claim (unless they have ZERO MLB experience in which case they cannot belong to anybody until they acquire MLB experience).

The rest of your 30 man roster will be filled in the MLB draft which will be held AFTER the MiLB draft. In this draft any player who is not a prospect may be claimed from any of the 30 MLB teams but you may not claim players under the rookie threshold (130 ab and 50 ip) from any of the owned MiLB franchises. Their MLB players are free game, of course.

Players are often in the (or added to the) ESPN player pool who have ZERO MLB EXPERIENCE, these players are completely off limits to be added to rosters during the year. No pure prospect may be added to a roster unless it is a promotion from your own minor league system (30 man roster). Once a player with no previous MLB experience acquires that experience he will need to be put through waivers on the site before he can be added by any teams in the league. There will be a thread on the league page which will list all players who have been put through this waiver process. Thus, no player who started the season without MLB experience can be added to an ESPN roster during the year unless his name appears on this waiver clearing list.

Oops innings pitched was supposed to be 3 not nine, do not know how that happened I am changing it now

Invite has been sent. Hopefully we can add three or four new owners per day in order to get this thing off the ground quickly and get the offline draft completed.

We are up to four owners, would love to see us get to six or seven before the day is over.

two more invites sent out which will bring us to SIX if accepted. Making good progress today.

A member from an ESPN Dynasty I am in which looks like it might die (only 8 of 16 owners and can't find the LM) has messaged me for an invite so we could be up to SEVEN members now.

I found the mistake in settings, Braves fan, thank you. It has been changed to 14 teams.

Invite sent, that pushes us to 8 owners in the first day - That is AWESOME!

Hopefully we do not need to replace anyone DURING the draft.

I just had someone inquire as to whether or not there is a League Fee. I really wanted to do a money league but, unfortunately, felt that the late start this league is getting would make it improbable that it would be finished in time for the start of the year if we added finances to the equation.

Just had a member from a Yahoo League of which I am the commissioner ask to join the league so we are now at NINE.

Guys in the league are getting antsy, lol. Since we got 9 owners in the league in less than a day they want it filled tonight so that we can start moving forward. I really do hope we can have it full by this time tomorrow. Then we can go about picking our franchises and getting our keepers in and MiLB rosters started.

We appear to be in a signup lull, who wants to be the lucky 10th team?