Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComericanPie

"Cool Story Bro" 2015-2016

Just so we have it...

In one of my leagues, we had our first draft for keepers; 3 keepers, 9-cat H2H. 10 teams, I had 7th pick:

Round 1 - Russell Westbrook

Round 2 - Damian Lillard

Round 3 - Kyrie Irving

For a perennial Punt FG/TO. In it for the long run

A noob drafted Westbrook #1 in my 12 cat league (fgm, ftm, o rebs, d rebs) and Wiggins #25 :blink: . I got Noel #52 :D , Eric Gordon #117, D Lee (14 teamer) #121, Elfrid Payton #141, and Nurkic #148

Drafted in a $200 buy-in league with friends of a friend of mine. It's a 10-team 9-cat H2H league. I had the 10th pick (Kawhi) and these guys let Duncan fall to me at pick 90! Also got Tyson Chandler at 91. Obviously I was extremely satisfied with how the draft went lol.

Feel sorry for who ever

Drafted in a $200 buy-in league with friends of a friend of mine. It's a 10-team 9-cat H2H league. I had the 10th pick (Kawhi) and these guys let Duncan fall to me at pick 90! Also got Tyson Chandler at 91. Obviously I was extremely satisfied with how the draft went lol.

Feel sorry for who ever got the 1st pick. They're going to get a lot of Leonard, Duncan and Chandler for Anthony Davis proposal from you.

I haven't added or dropped anybody yet in any of my leagues.... waiting for the season to start before I start making rash decisions.

I thought I had some good bud...guess the guys in my league was clearly smoking something good too during the draft LOL. Got multiple cool stories, bro.

Feel like I got away with some steals/sneaky moves, if everything pans out.

Durant at #7 (WOW. Can't believe he was still around at 7! If he comes back to form....!!!)

Wall #14 not really too crazy but for sure thought someone was gonna snag up the last of elite pg tier beg. of 2nd round.

Noel #34/rd 4. Gladly take him here. Stock market baby! 1 round later then I thought, did many mocks, Usually gone by end of 3rd.

Horford # 47/rd 5. Honestly think this was the steal of the draft. Wow...been doing yahoo mocks a lot so this shocked me, ESPN THANK YOU for your weird rankings!

Mirotic #87/rd 9. Also shocked Mirotic got no love...even if he doesn't reach upside potential/gets around 25 mins only, gladly take his floor at 9th pick.

Lord Covington #107/ rd.11 Another steal imo. In all the mocks I did he always gone by the mid 80s-90s. Looked at some #s, feel like I got Ariza 4-5 rounds later. Granted mins prob not as consistent but damn...SIMILAR #. And it's Philly...nba gravesite, fantasy gold.

Stanley Johnson #127/ last pick. Don't like drafting Rookies, but that upside couldn't be ignored, and was going to reach earlier...but with the draft trends, knew these other GMs only care about big names/popcorn stats. If he lives up to upside, could be best last pick ever.

Now if I could just get some damn more 3s/SGs lol. Got a lil sleeper team I feel. (DD is a extra cat, so my PGs gonna be killing it here)

I somehow managed to snag Gallinari and Mirotic. If they end up being studs this year, it will be an interesting year to say the least. I even got Noah as my last (13th round) pick, which even with his injury history is a steal.

Woke up late for a money league 12 man H2H draft. Apparently I got the 2nd pick and ended up with Curry, Millsap, Draymond & Danny Green, Isaiah Thomas, Valanciunas, RoLo, Gorgui Dieng, JR Smith, CJ McCollum, Darren Collison, Jeremy Lin and Kyle O'Quinn.

Not a bad base at all! Probably a Gortat trade away from making a deep run at the very least.

Just so we have it? Delete if we already do I guess.

Delete it anyways.

In a keeper league that counts DD, OREB, and DREB. Drafted Gobert in the last round last season. Don't know how there can be a bigger brag than that.

When the season hasn't even started yet and your team looks like this :blink:

injured_zpsltfc4edl.png

Cool I guess?

Not entirely sure this counts as a CSB, but in a 12 team draft, my first 6 picks were either Spurs or Hawks players (Kawhi-Sap-Horford-Danny-Korver-Duncan). No, I wasn't even paying attention till after it happened. Here goes my praying that Pop and Bud will be at least somewhat manageable this year.

In all 3 of my $$ league this year, I ended up with the 3rd pick. The KD vs the beard battle is killing me.

I thought I had some good bud...guess the guys in my league was clearly smoking something good too during the draft LOL. Got multiple cool stories, bro.

Feel like I got away with some steals/sneaky moves, if everything pans out.

Durant at #7 (WOW. Can't believe he was still around at 7! If he comes back to form....!!!)

Wall #14 not really too crazy but for sure thought someone was gonna snag up the last of elite pg tier beg. of 2nd round.

Noel #34/rd 4. Gladly take him here. Stock market baby! 1 round later then I thought, did many mocks, Usually gone by end of 3rd.

Horford # 47/rd 5. Honestly think this was the steal of the draft. Wow...been doing yahoo mocks a lot so this shocked me, ESPN THANK YOU for your weird rankings!

Mirotic #87/rd 9. Also shocked Mirotic got no love...even if he doesn't reach upside potential/gets around 25 mins only, gladly take his floor at 9th pick.

Lord Covington #107/ rd.11 Another steal imo. In all the mocks I did he always gone by the mid 80s-90s. Looked at some #s, feel like I got Ariza 4-5 rounds later. Granted mins prob not as consistent but damn...SIMILAR #. And it's Philly...nba gravesite, fantasy gold.

Stanley Johnson #127/ last pick. Don't like drafting Rookies, but that upside couldn't be ignored, and was going to reach earlier...but with the draft trends, knew these other GMs only care about big names/popcorn stats. If he lives up to upside, could be best last pick ever.

Now if I could just get some damn more 3s/SGs lol. Got a lil sleeper team I feel. (DD is a extra cat, so my PGs gonna be killing it here)

Wow! Horford at 47? Daaaamn! That is some sick value pick there. Mirotic was great value too, but Horford at 47 borderlines on insanity. You got a really nice team there as long as everyone stays healthy and plays to their standards.

In a keeper league that counts DD, OREB, and DREB. Drafted Gobert in the last round last season. Don't know how there can be a bigger brag than that.

I drafted him in every one of my dynasty and keeper leagues in his rookie draft and held on to him. I had a feeling!

Playing DFS for the first time this year - came first in today's league. I am now $100 richer.

I selected Rubio a few rounds early because I was desperate for assists + steals and for now I can pretend he was always a sleeper pick and I have been watching his jump shot progression closely.

Playing DFS for the first time this year - came first in today's league. I am now $100 richer.

I decided to try it out too and of course the team that goes off for me is the one I did for the satellite tournament.