Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComericanPie

"Cool Story Bro" 2015-2016

Rotoworld... guys were going on 24/7 about a Melo shutdown. Tried a couple of moves, unsuccessful probably partly because of the Rotoworld blurbs. Now going into the final week with Melo still in the mix and giving decent production. Could've made a better pick, but at least I've been lucky in dodging any serious injuries.

Made it to championship round in a 14-team 9-cat after losing Bledsoe and Bosh (2nd/3rd Rd picks) and trading away my 4th rd KAT for Wes Matthews/Favors late in the season. Damnnnnn

I've had incredible luck this championship week. My opponent's Lowry has an elbow injury, his Dragic is sick with a fever, his Rondo has various nagging injuries, his KD was rested (benefiting my Westbrook), and his DeAndre Jordan is going to rest tonight. His team is stacked though so I'm only winning 5-3.

During the season, I lose the following to injury: Marc, Tyreke, MKG. I lose Fournier b/c I swapped him for Gordon, when he was struggling and benched by Skiles.

I still win most my games and make it to 4th seed.

Then, Pau gets injured right as playoffs begin. I make it to semis somehow. Then Parsons out. Then Baze slumps hard, and I have to drop; I now have no SG. On the last day of semis, I win the tiebreaker cat, BLK, by the hair of my neck.

I assess my finals opponent and completely restrategize. In the past, I only punted FT% and TO, and FG%; PTS, AST, REB, and STL were my strong cats. Now, with my new strategy, I'm completely punting FG%, FT%, 3PT, and PTS. Completely. I decide to put my strongest effort into adjusting my roster to win REB, AST, STL, BLK, and TO.

In a nutshell, my strategy means my roster will be: three elite point guards for assists and steals, then fill the rest with centers and defensive players. And completely abandon offensive stats. I actually just dropped Mirotic during his current hot streak to pick up Henson.

Currently in the finals and getting killed in FG%, FT%, 3PT, and PTS...as I had strategized for. Winning REB, AST, ST, and BLK. Tiebreaker is TO and it's close, but I have the ability to bench players on Sunday if I need to. Oh yeah, and I lost Taj and Nurkic during the finals week, too. And Pau, CP3, and Rondo out on various days.

Totally a CSB, but I feel great for adapting a solid strategy after having the worst luck in my league. I have a good chance of hanging on and winning.

Have oladipo and JV in my team

Hate people that blame fantasy losses due to players being rested. Yes, it's frustrating, but everyone cops it at some point or another. Use you waiver wire people!

Final day of the championship game, I'm down 4-3. I'm winning in rebounds, blocks, and FG%. He's winning in 3pt, points, ft%, and assists.

We're both tied in steals and turnovers.

If I can win them both, I'll win the tournament. I picked up a high steal, low turnover guy (Corey Brewer) to get whatever edge I could over my opponent.

Let's go baby. B)

I'm about to go win my league back-to-back and return $200 on a $20 entry fee.

unless mirotic, hood, henson, booker, and nicholson go off chops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Won Championship by 1 steal in 14-teamer weekly league. all without my 2nd and 3rd round picks (Bledsoe/Bosh)

Also started RHJ, Porzingis, Favors who missed a bunch of games

just barely made into the finals. i was losing 2-9 yesterday, then the 4 out of 5 players he had today didn't play (b. lopez, melo, kyrie, middleton) so i just got in by less than 10 points 2 steals and maybe .07 fg% points... wow what a week

ended up with 116 3s and 917 pts lol of course curry and mirotic carried 3s this week.

won the chip!

I look less stupid now after trading my Otto Porter for Nikola Mirotic - who turned in 3 good games out of 5 this championship week, I also won my chip today. Norman Powell also delivered BIG TIME this week - it was a relief after I was burned big time by Mejri in the semis! He's like an even more efficient Gary Harris, who I also have. Man he could easily be a value pick next year which will render Ross' value nearly useless.

Seth Curry as well anyone? Streamed him for two games as well and the returns were fabulous.

What a good day.

won the chip as well! (first basketball chip since 2012 so it was good to get some rust off)

congrats to everyone else too. was a hectic couple of weeks with all the DNPs and what not.

i will defintely look to get 2+ elite PGs next year as well (had Westbrook, Wall, and Millsap as my top 3 players in a 10teamer, was feeling confident ever since the draft ended).

Congrats to all and see you here next year! (see you in fantasy baseball section til then!!!)

this one is dedicated to the Mamba!!! thank you for everything, KB (dead srs)!

Can't believe my late trade KAT/Baze for Wes Matthews/Favors panned out. Wes matthews has been tearing it up last couple weeks. CHAMPIONSSSSS