Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stlcardsfan94

1st year 20 team dynasty league

Hey guys,

Looking for anyone interested in a free ESPN 20 team dynasty league with 40 player rosters (25 keepers) in a rotisserie style scoring format.

It's a 10x10 rotisserie league

Hitting: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SLUG, BB, and SBN

Pitching: IP, K, W, SV, ERA, K/9, HD, QS, CG, and WHIP

If you're interested, leave your email in the comments!

I would love to be in a large league like that but I only do offline drafts for keeper leagues and I am not sure there is time to draft - it would take 20 perfect owners to finish in time.

If someone misses the draft and gets an auto draft that team is ruined forever. With 25 keepers and a 40 man roster and 20 teams it would take five years to rebuild from an auto draft. All auto draft owners will quit after the first year and it will be nearly impossible to fill the spots after the first year and the league dies a slow death, lol. I might be being dramatic but I have seen it happen so many times that I now just shy away from keeper leagues that do not do offline drafts or that do snake drafts after the first year.

I mean I am sure there are many successful keeper leagues that do online drafts, I just have never been in one so I am very wary. I put tons of work into my teams and I like to make sure that the bottom teams stay good enough that they don't quit - thus offline drafts and standard (non snake) drafts after the first year.

Fair enough.. you make a compelling case, but an offline draft would be a challenge to get done before the start of the season. However, I am a first time league manager and I am determined to make this league great. So if you or anyone else wants the same things, I would love to have you! I too put a lot of work into my teams.. I am a huge baseball fan, through and through. I want my owners to be as dedicated as I am. So maybe you are wary, but I don't think you'd be disappointed if you took a flyer out on my league

I agree it is very late in the game to try and get a full offline draft in. You do run a horrible risk doing a 20 team ONLINE draft though because if an owner no shows, he will get all the OLD players that nobody wants and that team will be completely worthless in two years. A possible alternative is to do a specialty league - like where everyone gets a MLB franchise and they pick a certain number of keepers (before the draft). If each player took 15 MLB keepers and 10 minor league keepers before the draft you would be starting your draft in round 26 and only have to do 15 rounds which is very doable with a good group of owners.

I had a 12 team Dynasty start up this year and we did a 30 man MLB roster and 25 man MiLB roster in less than a week offline, but I was texting people when their turn came up and everyone responded very quickly. We often did ten to fifteen picks in an hour.

Thanks for the advice.. maybe I'll try that next year if this league doesn't work out. But at this point, I think I'm gonna try to run this league as is. But thats why I came to a site like this, where people who actually want to be a team owner can join a league. Hopefully this will help activity and quality of the league

I hope it works out for you, I really do. The tough part is it only takes one of twenty to screw it up for you. However, if all 20 show up you are GOLDEN.

I appreciate your interest! I just sent you the invite. as of now, the draft has not been scheduled but i was planning on some time around april 1st. I still need several more owners tho, but i am working hard to find more quality owners

interested if the draft time works out for me

sjc615@gmail.com

Thanks for the interest guys! I just sent the 3 of you invites. When you guys join, there will be a discussion thread for the date and time of the draft. Im sure we can find a time that can suit everyone.