Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bhawks489

Community Mock Thread 2016 Three point oh.

Axe, you have a solid team, but Iron-cock and RollingOne will be in the running. I do not see your team as far and away better than any of the other teams aside from maybe one or two.

Well, I did rate Iron-cock's team as the next-best, but rollingone? He does have three solid RBs, but this is a PPR league, and his WRs are all pretty speculative after Dez Bryant (who, with his foot recovery and Romo's fragility is no sure thing himself) and his TEs are nothing special either. Besides the points he will lose for a poor reception volume, there are the 80 points he gives up for having only one K and D. I have him graded 8th, and his absolute ceiling is about 4th--no way he competes for the cash.

Well, maybe we did, but the research for the post was going on for a while before it was axually posted. You don't just write an 8 page article off the cuff, you know--so we'll call it a tie.

But I din't draft him myself because I already had six solids--Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Michael Floyd, DeVante Parker, Donte Moncrief and Dorial Green-Beckham--and didn't need to go hunting for that last-round diamond in the rough (or Tepid Twenty, as I called them). Apparently none of the other 8 owners were that desperate either, since he was sitting there for you at pick number 198 of 200.

Not to split hairs...but it was more like pick 190. I owned the last 5 picks remember?

LOL...fail

You weren't in the one we're talking about--"Billy Jack Attack." In that one it was Blonde who blew his wad on a few studs and had to fill out with 12 dollar players, including the final 8 picks of the draft. Michael Thomas WAS pick 198.

http://www.rtsports.com/football/football-live-auction.php?LID=176580&UID=fantasyfootball&X=1465328472395

Well, maybe we did, but the research for the post was going on for a while before it was axually posted. You don't just write an 8 page article off the cuff, you know--so we'll call it a tie.

But I din't draft him myself because I already had six solids--Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Michael Floyd, DeVante Parker, Donte Moncrief and Dorial Green-Beckham--and didn't need to go hunting for that last-round diamond in the rough (or Tepid Twenty, as I called them). Apparently none of the other 8 owners were that desperate either, since he was sitting there for you at pick number 198 of 200.

Not to split hairs...but it was more like pick 190. I owned the last 5 picks remember?

LOL...fail

You weren't in the one we're talking about--"Billy Jack Attack." In that one it was Blonde who blew his wad on a few studs and had to fill out with 12 dollar players, including the final 8 picks of the draft. Michael Thomas WAS pick 198.

http://www.rtsports.com/football/football-live-auction.php?LID=176580&UID=fantasyfootball&X=1465328472395

I'm in good company then! it really is an adjustment from managed leagues.

The stud strategy isn't for everyone. You have to be confident you can hit on your $1 sleepers like I'm confident I'll hit on Thomas, Wallace, Prosise and Henry, if not more. If you have no confidence in identifying this year's breakout players, then you should play it safe like Axe and build a team full of mid round picks.

The stud strategy isn't for everyone. You have to be confident you can hit on your $1 sleepers like I'm confident I'll hit on Thomas, Wallace, Prosise and Henry, if not more. If you have no confidence in identifying this year's breakout players, then you should play it safe like Axe and build a team full of mid round picks.

Play it safe & you're guaranteed to have a team running at 85% top-level performance, never a team that steamrolls the comp.