2 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

How many does Peyton win in NE with Bill that's the question

What if the sky fell?

These hypothetical questions are irrelevant to the debate. The only thing that matters is what has actually happened in the real world and not dream land.

• Like 1

How much longer will Brady play? My buddy says til 45, I'm thinking no more than 2-3, and that he & Bill ride off at the same time.

24 minutes ago, psygolf said:

How much longer will Brady play? My buddy says til 45, I'm thinking no more than 2-3, and that he & Bill ride off at the same time.

Hoodie is staying until he dies in his coaching chair. He is a lifer in the sport and there is nothing for him to do off the field. 

Brady will just have a career as a spokesmodel for erectile dysfuntion drugs or Gidelles full time personal asst. 

26 pages...did Manning ever get suspended for a quarter of a season for cheating?

Yes he's one of the best,yes he's going to his 7th Super Bowl.With that said,when Brady retires his record will always be tarnished.He cheated at the highest level of sports and that shouldn't be forgotten.

• Like 1

Really need Pats to lose... can't have Brady be the best QB of all time. Our Rotoworld brothers in Houston, it's time for you to step up. So who's setting off the fire alarm? 

9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

26 pages...did Manning ever get suspended for a quarter of a season for cheating?

Almost...

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

No...he retired before facing the consequences of juicing; there was far more evidence for that than for Brady getting a competitive advantage by having balls deflated. 

How did Brady look in SB 49 or yesterday with normal-sized game balls? Didn't look hampered to me. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Unless we assume the NFL to be a completely unbiased and neutral purveyor of justice then we can easily look at Manning's HGH allegations and label him a cheater. For whatever reason (I won't speculate here), the NFL pursued relatively flimsy evidence over a pretty minor issue when it came to Brady. Nearly identical allegations levied against Roethlisberger less than two months ago were swiftly dismissed by the NFL. Personally, I can see why Peyton or any other NFL player would use HGH and don't fault him. I also think some tampering of footballs is a fairly common practice across the league and is not the equivalent of a football cardinal sin. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't cast a judgement on either for their breaking of rules, but the point is moot in regards to this debate. 

22 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

No...he retired before facing the consequences of juicing; there was far more evidence for that than for Brady getting a competitive advantage by having balls deflated. 

How did Brady look in SB 49 or yesterday with normal-sized game balls? Didn't look hampered to me. 

Cheating is cheating regardless of  how you want to skew it. 

Rules are rules. Period.

13 minutes ago, bigpapi88 said:

Unless we assume the NFL to be a completely unbiased and neutral purveyor of justice then we can easily look at Manning's HGH allegations and label him a cheater. For whatever reason (I won't speculate here), the NFL pursued relatively flimsy evidence over a pretty minor issue when it came to Brady. Nearly identical allegations levied against Roethlisberger less than two months ago were swiftly dismissed by the NFL. Personally, I can see why Peyton or any other NFL player would use HGH and don't fault him. I also think some tampering of footballs is a fairly common practice across the league and is not the equivalent of a football cardinal sin. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't cast a judgement on either for their breaking of rules, but the point is moot in regards to this debate. 

Fact is Brady and Co cheated and it was proven. Manning using HGH has not been proven hence it is regarded as speculation and allegation. You can't make up your own or ALTERNATIVE FACTS.

21 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

No...he retired before facing the consequences of juicing;

LOL..... 

Good point- if you own property in FANTASYLAND.

There's no need to muddy the water with media driven fabrications-   Brady's resume speaks for itself. 

"The league announced its decision in a statement released Monday, saying it "found no credible evidence" of allegations in an Al-Jazeera America report that Manning's wife received deliveries of HGH in 2011.

Before making its final determination, the NFL interviewed Manning and his wife, Ashley, who were "fully cooperative with the investigation," according to the league.

On the same day the NFL announced it has closed its investigation into alleged performance-enhancing drug use by Peyton Manning, Packers coach Mike McCarthy sounded optimistic two of his players named in the report also would be exonerated.

The NFL also received medical records pertinent to the case and, after reviewing them and the interviews, determined there wasn't any evidence that any violation had occurred.

The intern, Charles Sly, recanted his statements, which were recorded without his knowledge. He said they were fabricated in an attempt to impress a potential business partner."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17139406/nfl-concludes-peyton-manning-use-hgh-other-peds

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Fact is Brady and Co cheated and it was proven. Manning using HGH has not been proven hence it is regarded as speculation and allegation. You can't make up your own or ALTERNATIVE FACTS.

I'm doing nothing of the sort. I've stated my opinion and any facts I'm using are not inaccurate. "Proven" or "disproven" in these cases are merely arbitrary rulings by the offices of the league. There is evidence to suggest both accusations. I think both broke the rules they are accused of having broken. That's my opinion from having looked into the cases. Neither are big deals for thei legacies as I stated above. The only difference is one verdict is endorsed by an organization with questionable integrity while the other is not. 

Edited by bigpapi88

52 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Describe the evidence to which you are referring

8 minutes ago, bigpapi88 said:

I'm doing nothing of the sort. I've stated my opinion and any facts I'm using are not inaccurate. "Proven" or "disproven" in these cases are merely arbitrary rulings by the offices of the league. There is evidence to suggest both accusations. I think both broke the rules they are accused of having broken. That's my opinion from having looked into the cases. Neither are big deals for thei legacies as I stated above. The only difference is one verdict is endorsed by an organization with questionable integrity while the other is not. 

I'd refer you to Impreza's post concerning the validity of the "evidence" cited in the Al-Jazeera report.

LOL at those of you taking the league office's "no credible evidence" stance on Manning's HGH allegations and ignoring them in court admitting there was "no credible evidence" that Brady or the Patriots deflated footballs in the AFC Championship 2 years ago.  Did you not see them sweep the Steelers deflated balls under the rug in a few hours?  Clearly they don't have any intentions of future cheating scandals, as they learned from deflategate that it isn't a path they want to go down anymore, which is a main reason the Manning story never gained any legs.  Yes, Sly recanted his story, however he was facing criminal charges for what he said on video, so he had a very good reason to recant and absolutely no reason to stand by what he said on tape.  Didn't Manning send a few people to his house that masqueraded as police officers?  That sounds like a completely innocent man to me...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dirtdog said:

LOL at those of you taking the league office's "no credible evidence" stance on Manning's HGH allegations and ignoring them in court admitting there was "no credible evidence" that Brady or the Patriots deflated footballs in the AFC Championship 2 years ago.  Did you not see them sweep the Steelers deflated balls under the rug in a few hours?  Clearly they don't have any intentions of future cheating scandals, as they learned from deflategate that it isn't a path they want to go down anymore, which is a main reason the Manning story never gained any legs.  Yes, Sly recanted his story, however he was facing criminal charges for what he said on video, so he had a very good reason to recant and absolutely no reason to stand by what he said on tape.  Didn't Manning send a few people to his house that masqueraded as police officers?  That sounds like a completely innocent man to me...

LOL at anyone who thinks their "suspicions" determine truth anymore than an actual investigation.   

You know...witnesses, evidence, destroyed cell phones, code words, fired employees, and the like. 

• Like 1

What exactly was "admitted" in court?

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

He was investigated he cooperated with the organization was found innocent something Brady didn't do he didn't gave up his phone and destroyed evidences

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What exactly was "admitted" in court?

The court ruling was that the NFL  could legally suspend Brady for 4 games , not that he delated balls or not. The NFL investigation determined that Brady was a significant party to the deflating balls and thus suspended him

NFL attorney Jeff Pash was asked by Judge Berman whether there was any direct evidence to show the Patriots participated in a scheme to deflate footballs in the AFC Championship game, to which Pash said no.  This was all in the court transcript that you can find online.  He reversed the suspension, only it was changed by a court the next year on a 2-1 vote because of Article 47, which basically says that Goodell has the right to levy any punishment he deems necessary regardless of if there is evidence or not.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Dirtdog said:

NFL attorney Jeff Pash was asked by Judge Berman whether there was any direct evidence to show the Patriots participated in a scheme to deflate footballs in the AFC Championship game, to which Pash said no.  This was all in the court transcript that you can find online.  He reversed the suspension, only it was changed by a court the next year on a 2-1 vote because of Article 47, which basically says that Goodell has the right to levy any punishment he deems necessary regardless of if there is evidence or not.

Ok - then please don't mischaracterize the facts.  The fact that Pash was unable to cite "direct" evidence is not equivalent to an "admission" in court that there was "no credible evidence."

If this statement were in fact true, it's unfathomable that Thomas Brady and the PA would have simply chosen to accept the punishment for his involvement in a scheme to cheat the game before exhausting his right of appeal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

IF you had to pick 1 quarterback to win a game with lets say 10 grand on the line, those of you who would choose manning over brady are simply DELUSIONAL.

right on ash

noticed all those so-called Manning for GOAT passed over this post like it never existed