Tom is right there in the greatest regular season QB talk, and miles better when it counts most. I haven't read this thread but I assume most would say Brady as it's the clear cut correct answer.

I don't understand why this thread even exists.

Tom Brady = Matt Cassel

Matt Cassel = SUCKS ON EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM

Peyton Manning = How many consecutive playoff seasons with the Colts

One year without Peyton Manning on the Colts = First overall pick and Andrew Luck

The math is very simple.  One team NEEDED their QB to be a perennial playoff contender.  The other team got Matt Cassel a REALLY big disappointing contract. How good is Garropalo on any other NFL team?  Matt Cassel anyone?  How good would Brady be on any other team?

Argue that one away with your bizarro logic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Tom Brady = Matt Cassel

One year without Peyton Manning on the Colts = First overall pick and Andrew Luck

The math is very simple.  One team NEEDED their QB to be a perennial playoff contender.  The other team got Matt Cassel a REALLY big disappointing contract. How good is Garropalo on any other NFL team?  Matt Cassel anyone?  How good would Brady be on any other team?

That's a team comparison, not a player one.

15 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

That's a team comparison, not a player one.

Imagine both players are drafted by the Browns.

One of the QBs takes them to the playoffs every year for a decade.  No questions.  No doubts.

The other QB was Brian Griese's backup and taken in 6th round of the draft because the other guy was better.  

If Brian Greise was on New England before Tom Brady, I suspect this would be a Griese-vs-Manning thread.

We've had a big enough sampling of Cassel and Garappalo to believe so.

I looked through the regular season schedules for New England and Atlanta to see if it's worth a bet.  

New England would score more points with Garappalo starting.

Think I'll take ATL and the points.  Brady losing by a field goal will make me laugh my *** off.  That's worth a $20 wager.  Last year I took Von Miller for MVP and won my bar tab for a month.  Odds aren't sexy for Matt Ryan this year, but I think I have to take him.  Alex Mack has made him an MVP.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jmausen said:

"But I'm going to troll the f**k out of it anyway." - you

• Like 4

17 hours ago, jmausen said:

Tom Brady = Matt Cassel

2+2=

3+1=

3+2=

I for one don't even think you could do these simple math equations....

Brian Greise is equal to Brady is all I needed to read to add another member to my ignore list.  Make any arguments you want for or against Brady that you want, but don't just be a stupid troll.  I suppose Steve Bono=Joe Montana too?

Also Matt Cassell sucked on the Chiefs so bad that he made the pro bowl.

Edited by The Dirtdog

On 1/31/2017 at 8:34 AM, jmausen said:

If Brian Greise was on New England before Tom Brady, I suspect this would be a Griese-vs-Manning thread.

Of all the jmausen turds that stink up these forums, this one takes the cake.

• Like 2

Brady's so fortunate not that he's had BB for all these years, but that BB has not gotten bored, needed a sabbatical, wanted a change of scenery, etc.--as most coaches do.

Instead BB just continues to grind it out year after year after year. He'll probably outlast Brady.

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

He'll probably outlast Brady.

I don't think there's any question. He's still just 64 years old - he could easily coach another 6-7 years before deciding to hang up the hoodie. Look at Tom Coughlin. He's 70 and is just starting his executive career.

Edited by mrblonde1984
  • Like 1

Belichick once said he doesn't want to be like Marv Levy, coaching at 70 years old.  This was like 8 years ago though, so who knows if his thoughts have changed.

17 minutes ago, The Dirtdog said:

Belichick once said he doesn't want to be like Marv Levy, coaching at 70 years old.  This was like 8 years ago though, so who knows if his thoughts have changed.

Yep, I remember that too. That's why I think 70 is a good age to guess for him retiring. So another 5-6 years. But like you said, he said that a few years back and maybe he's changed his mind.

4 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Yep, I remember that too. That's why I think 70 is a good age to guess for him retiring. So another 5-6 years. But like you said, he said that a few years back and maybe he's changed his mind.

He could troll everyone by retiring when Brady does so we never have any ammunition in the who made who debate.  Although at the rate Brady is declining physically (not at all), Belichick might not last that long.

*obvious sarcasm is obvious*

• Like 1

One of the QBs takes them to the playoffs every year for a decade.  No questions.  No doubts.

The other QB was Brian Griese's backup and taken in 6th round of the draft because the other guy was better.  

I looked through the regular season schedules for New England and Atlanta to see if it's worth a bet.  

Think I'll take ATL and the points.  Brady losing by a field goal will make me laugh my *** off.  That's worth a $20 wager.  Last year I took Von Miller for MVP and won my bar tab for a month.  Odds aren't sexy for Matt Ryan this year, but I think I have to take him.  Alex Mack has made him an MVP.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life.

• Like 6

On January 31, 2017 at 5:34 AM, jmausen said:

7e416e80091f075909ba4430125e1e85e1848eae

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jbshaw said:

He could troll everyone by retiring when Brady does so we never have any ammunition in the who made who debate.  Although at the rate Brady is declining physically (not at all), Belichick might not last that long.

*obvious sarcasm is obvious*

BB needs a leader like Brady, otherwise the kool-aid starts to sour with every loss.  They've made each other and they know it, I doubt either if them has the itch to show that they can maintain the excellence without the other...like Ditka-Ryan.  Which is why I keep thinking that they will retire the same year.  

Makes for a good story ending too.

• Like 1

If BB was in his 50's, he might be willing to pull a Phil Jackson move.

simply embarrassing

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

simply embarrassing

The amount of people getting trolled or how long the trolling has gone on?

8 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

So much for "Tom Brady playing great in important games"

this is easily one of the worst performance of any QB that has ever played in the SB

But not worse than Peyton in SB 48 or SB 44. 

• Like 1

Can't wait until 2035, when Colt McFallonowski is putting up 12,000 yard seasons in the National Flag Football League and people are hailing him as the greatest QB of all time.

11 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

this is easily one of the worst performance of any QB that has ever played in the SB

Oh please, give it a rest. One game does not define a player's career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

You might want to wait till the end of the game to pass judgement.

• Like 3