6 hours ago, MariGOATA said:

Brady has also lost 2 SB's which they 'should' have won given him in his prime with Moss and co. but he didn't play well in those games. In fact, Brady isn't even in the top 10 for QB rating IN the Super Bowl while Montana...is #1!!! Montana is also 4-0! Montana was a very good reg season QB who was better in the playoffs and the best of all time in the Super Bowl and undefeated.

Brady has also won 2 Super Bowls that they should of lost and I don't know of many QBs who could have came back and erased the deficit from last season, I'm not going to argue Montana vs Brady because I was unable to see Montana play and would just have to go off of boxscores but 5-2 and 4-0 are both extremely good records especially in the Super Bowl.

Please for the love of gawd, i beg of you don't pull me back into this thread!!!!  :lol:

• Like 1

If you're talking legacy, super bowls, etc. then Brady is GOAT. But if you're talking best QB in terms of overall skill/ability it's Rodgers right now and maybe a few other guys have been better than Brady as well.

His 01 SB should come with a *

They definitely cheated against the Rams and knew all their trick plays 

Edited by scheibler

20 minutes ago, scheibler said:

d5c.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fingers said:

d5c.jpg

Lol im for real though. Everyone knows they cheated and got off easy. Godell covered it up and the spygate tapes were destroyed. Nobody v would take the nfl serious c if they weren't. That SB was a joke

3 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Lol im for real though. Everyone knows they cheated and got off easy. Godell covered it up and the spygate tapes were destroyed. Nobody v would take the nfl serious c if they weren't. That SB was a joke

sore loser

Did Roger Goodel throw that pick 6 to Ty Law? No Kurt Warner did ... just remember the Rams had 4 turnovers while the Patriots had ZERO

8 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Pats > Rams. :D

2 hours ago, scheibler said:

Thats not cheating. Every team tries to know the other team's plays. That is part of being prepared. Even in baseball teams try to read or steal the other side's signs. It is your job to make sure the other team doesn't steal your signs/plays/schemes. 

• Like 1

That's because most teams with 28-3 leads are smart enough to play ball control instead of leaving their young defense on the field for that long.

People can credit Brady with whatever intangibles they want, but it's clear that it is a QB friendly system with mismatches and options all over the field, as well as rub routes to get guys open. He threw it to his RB 14 times in the SB. It is a very smart system:

GB has a much more vanilla system, built on iso routes which rarely work in tandem to get guys open, generic screens for the RB as far as the passing game goes, and just requires a lot of improvisation on Rodgers' part and chemistry with his WRs in order to be unpredictable enough to be successful. The Titans probably have a more sophisticated offensive scheme. I mean, they have a good OL, a QB who can throw it anywhere, and still can't run the ball because the plays are so predictable and unimaginative.

It's clear that Brady is smart enough and still has the arm to run that system to a T, but that system is truly special. I'd completely forgive McDaniels' run with the Broncos in order to bring it here .

Edited by MariGOATA

SBs are the most ridiculous achievements people award to QBs. NE's defense has been downright phenomenal in all but one of their SB wins, and both of their losses. Despite some major mistakes by Brady (pick 6 against Atlanta, several turnovers vs. Seattle in recent memory), he's been put in position to win every game because of the defense.

It doesn't matter who they put in at QB, if BB is there, they will have the best team and coaching staff around them to help them succeed. Not saying Brady isn't great, but claiming a QB who runs a 5.4 in the 40 on a good day and barely cracks the top 15 in All-Time playoff QB rating is carrying that team solely on his shoulders is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

most overrated player in NFL history - Thomas Brady. 

I remember when I had my first beer too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

??????

Brady is great. 2nd best QB in regular season and 13th best QB in the playoffs.

You're probably one of those geniuses who gets tongue tied or goes silent when someone applies your logic against you by stating that you believe Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino because of SB rings. Ultimate team sport.

• Like 1

It's amazing that peeps still don't give Brady credit. You don't have to like him or root for him, but show some respect. Saying he's lucky or a cheater or overrated just makes you sound ridiculous.

I'm a diehard Patriots fan and even I respect the game of Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, etc.

Newsflash, you can say other players on other teams are good and still root for your own team!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MariGOATA said:

Brady is great. 2nd best QB in regular season and 13th best QB in the playoffs.

You're probably one of those geniuses who gets tongue tied or goes silent when someone applies your logic against you by stating that you believe Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino because of SB rings. Ultimate team sport.

You're probably one of those geniuses who doesn't read the thread before spouting nonsense. I've addressed your "argument" multiple times throughout the thread. 

Reading. Try it some time.

Also, nice new user name, Chasin. Much better.

• Like 2

Hey, Mr. Rooney... how many times did Peyton Manning go "one and done" in the playoffs again?

fRXK2VW.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Thats not cheating. Every team tries to know the other team's plays. That is part of being prepared. Even in baseball teams try to read or steal the other side's signs. It is your job to make sure the other team doesn't steal your signs/plays/schemes. 

There's a big difference between stealing calls and taping a privste practice

1 hour ago, mrblonde1984 said:

I remember when I had my first beer too. 

"Die hard" patriots fan defends Brady - shocker

my first beer was delicious - right around the time the Giants stomped him into the ground (the first time). 

Cheers. Nice start Thursday - he looks great. 

• Like 1

I didn't even read any other posts in this thread but the answer is Brady. I don't like him, but he deserves the credit and best of all time status. Manning was amazingly great in his own right so don't get me wrong but if you have to compare the 2 its an easy choice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

my first beer was delicious - right around the time the Giants stomped him into the ground (the first time). 

Cheers. Nice start Thursday - he looks great. 

Yeah, I'm just delusional and blinded by my homerism. It's such a hot take to say Brady is the GOAT. :eyeroll:

You Brady haters are hilarious. I'm happy for you that he looked bad on Thursday though. It's been a while since his last loss, and keeping that hate bottled up has to be bad for you. 

Cheers.

4 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I've also given plenty of stats and facts to back up my claims. You just came in here to troll. Thanks for posting though. Always riveting to read your insightful "Brady R Cheater" posts. s--- should be written in crayon.

5 hours ago, scheibler said:

There's a big difference between stealing calls and taping a privste practice

Typical uninformed fan. There were never tapes of the walk through. It's funny how fans will reference the article that broke right before the Super Bowl saying the walk throughs were taped, but then fail to acknowledge that the article was retracted. But you know, why let facts get in the way of your opinion. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2008/05/apology%3famp

Edited by mrblonde1984