54 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Yeah, I'm just delusional and blinded by my homerism. It's such a hot take to say Brady is the GOAT. :eyeroll:

You Brady haters are hilarious. I'm happy for you that he looked bad on Thursday though. It's been a while since his last loss, and keeping that hate bottled up has to be bad for you. 

Cheers.

Looking forward to a Brady & Rogers-less NFL, then the refs can go back to calling blatant holding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Typical uninformed fan. There were never tapes of the walk through. It's funny how fans will reference the article that broke right before the Super Bowl saying the walk throughs were taped, but then fail to acknowledge that the article was retracted. But you know, why let facts get in the way of your opinion. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2008/05/apology%3famp

So just bc there's no evidence anymore it never happened? Explain to me how they knew the exact plays. If you don't believe they cheated you're ignorant

• Like 1

Die hard Colts fan.  All things being equal (e.g., defense, o-line, skill players), I believe Tom Brady is the better QB.  I can only rate players based on who I have seen play.  Montana > Brady > Young > Tarkenton > Manning > Marino.  Just opinion which is all we got.

• Like 1

Manning changed the game in terms of preparation, control of the line of scrimmage and play calling.

He did more to advance the game than any modern day QB.

For that I have to say Manning was the better QB.

4 hours ago, scheibler said:

So just bc there's no evidence anymore it never happened? Explain to me how they knew the exact plays. If you don't believe they cheated you're ignorant

Doubt you get an answer. Because there's none.

5 hours ago, psygolf said:

Looking forward to a Brady & Rogers-less NFL, then the refs can go back to calling blatant holding.

Yeah that kc NE game was trash, I like how Brady had 10 seconds to throw every down

On 2/8/2017 at 1:54 PM, parrothead said:

Brady vs Montana is an interesting debate, simply on pure numbers its Brady, and dont give me this losing before you get to the Super Bowl is better than losing the Super Bowl.  

I watched Montana a lot, in person - have watched Brady a lot.  Knew football well in both eras.  Here are some thoughts, tips, etc. 

* They were very similar in that I think a lot of "fans" of the game, would probably not think they were even the best QB of that era, in the 80's most would consider Elway or Marino better pure QB's, if you saw the 30 for 30, Niners actually had brief discussion with Colts about trading Montana for Elway.  Brady has had a little bit of that too.  They have won the most, maybe had the most winning careers of the 80's, but for pure eyeball test, probably fans of both eras would say a few others were better. 

* Not only did Montana lose some title games and not get to as many SB's, he was benched and boo'd in the 87 Divisional game against the Vikings and had a really bad 3-game stretch in playoff years 85-87 was 0-3 with OTD 4 picks and a rating about 50 over those 3 seasons in the playoffs. 

* Tuck Rule - ironically benefited both in its interpretation or existence at the time.  The Brady fumble vs Oakland overturned, went on to win SB, in the 81 Championship game vs the Cowboys, after "the catch" Cowboys first play goes across midfield to like the 43-45 of the Niners, the tackle was actually also a horse collar which today would of been another 15 on top of that but wasnt a rule then and neither was tuck rule, and look at White's fumble on next play is pretty much identical to tuck rule of Brady.  

* Good Luck Bad Luck - Roger Craigs Fumble, the lousy PI call vs the Skins - maybe cost 49ers two more trips to SB, but Eddie Murray's miss, the Bengals secondary player who dropped sure pick down in Miami SB,  Brady obviously two recent SB wins "run the ball"...the Chargers defensive player who fumbled a pick to give Pats second life ended up in a title game appearance. 

* Incredible help by team - Vinatieri's clutch kicks those first 3 SB's, the 49ers famed goal line stand in their first Sb. 

* Salary Cap, Free Agency a factor now, but in Montana's mid 80's 49ers lost some guys to competing USFL.  

* Divisions and comp - I think Montana's Conference was tougher, had to go against Belichek's defenses with the Giants, had that great Bears team, had the Gibbs Skins and last days of Landry's Cowboys before they fell off in mid 80's, Division was pretty tough too, Rams and Dickerson early to mid years, towards the end those Mora Saints with the great linebackers and Rams were still relevant.  

I think both are amont the greatest careers for a QB to ever play, not sure either are the greatest QBs ever, in terms of just pure ability, but cant argue with their storied careers.  I think comparing careers, Brady's is better.  

Is it the internet that created this crap? Not saying your post is crap, its actually very good and informative. But why in todays day and age is everything Montana vs Brady, Lebron Vs MJ, etc etc. When we were kids nobody was this eager to compare Eddie George to Earl Campbell or MJ to Wilt Chamberlain. People are obsessed with these pointless comparisons. 

Babe Ruth would not be Babe Ruth if you went back in time and brought him to current day MLB. Not dsayng he would suck, he might, but its an impossible thing to guarentee anything. Theres no point, today is today. Brady is Best today, Lebron is best today, thats all that matters, but people are damn near going to war on the internet over this crap. 

"Lebron misses a free throw"

"MJ Would have made that"

"you dont know that, MJ could have missed"

"Well here a youtube video of MJ with the same score making the free throw"

"Well heres a video of the 62 times MJ missed free throws"

Its a never ending argument over something pointless.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 9:15 PM, scheibler said:

The burden of proof is on you. Prove it happened. If you believe they cheated you're ignorant.

What plays did they know exactly? That's a pretty broad statement to make. Give specific examples. 

I'll hold my breath...

On 9/9/2017 at 3:17 PM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

my first beer was delicious - right around the time the Giants stomped him into the ground (the first time). 

Cheers. Nice start Thursday - he looks great. 

Eli Manning is the most overrated QB in NFL history. I bet you more people would agree with that than your ridiculous Brady claim.

On 9/10/2017 at 9:41 AM, MariGOATA said:

Is it the internet that created this crap? Not saying your post is crap, its actually very good and informative. But why in todays day and age is everything Montana vs Brady, Lebron Vs MJ, etc etc. When we were kids nobody was this eager to compare Eddie George to Earl Campbell or MJ to Wilt Chamberlain. People are obsessed with these pointless comparisons. 

Babe Ruth would not be Babe Ruth if you went back in time and brought him to current day MLB. Not dsayng he would suck, he might, but its an impossible thing to guarentee anything. Theres no point, today is today. Brady is Best today, Lebron is best today, thats all that matters, but people are damn near going to war on the internet over this crap. 

"Lebron misses a free throw"

"MJ Would have made that"

"you dont know that, MJ could have missed"

"Well here a youtube video of MJ with the same score making the free throw"

"Well heres a video of the 62 times MJ missed free throws"

Its a never ending argument over something pointless.

Honestly comparing eras or greatest ever is older than the internet. 

I believe we can all agree on who was the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl...all together now...Trent Dilfer.  

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I believe we can all agree on who was the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl...all together now...Trent Dilfer.  

False.
Peyton Manning 2015. Way worse. He was a TO machine and threw 2200 for 9 TD and 17 INT. 67.9 season rating.

The season was highlight by him breaking the all time yardage record in a game with like 38 yards and 4 INT where he got benched for suckwieler.

Playoffs were slightly better. 3 games 539 yards and 2 TD 1 INT.

On 9/9/2017 at 8:46 AM, scheibler said:

His 01 SB should come with a *

They definitely cheated against the Rams and knew all their trick plays 

Brady and NE have had an equally easy path to the SB for the better part of a decade and a half.

2 minutes ago, MariGOATA said:

Tom Brady playoff QB Rating: 89.0
Aaron Rodgers playoff QB Rating:. 99.4

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 9:36 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Die hard Colts fan.  All things being equal (e.g., defense, o-line, skill players), I believe Tom Brady is the better QB.  I can only rate players based on who I have seen play.  Montana > Brady > Young > Tarkenton > Manning > Marino.  Just opinion which is all we got.

Brady had two #1 scoring defenses, the #2 scoring defense, and two more top 10 scoring defenses during the seasons NE won the SB. Let's not even pretend this applies only to Manning, considering his playoff QB Rating was like 1 point below Brady. Brady also had like 7 other seasons where his defense was top 10 in points allowed. I didn't keep count, but I'm pretty sure Manning hasn't had 12 top 10 defenses throughout his career.

Christine Michael _____ Season Outlook

Josh Gordon _____ Season Outlook

Legatron _____ Season Outlook

Brady vs. Manning

Threads I wish would go the bleep away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/4/2016 at 7:36 PM, mrblonde1984 said:

I gave you total defense, not points allowed. How is points allowed a good measure of a team's defense? Let me give you an example.

Peyton Manning throws an interception and the defender returns it to the 2 yard line. Jamaal Charles runs it in from 2 yards out for a touchdown. Points allowed by defense: 7.

Here's another. Jacoby Jones returns the opening kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown. Points allowed by opposing defense: 7.

And it goes on like that. Just look at the stats from this year. Denver was the best defense when measured by yards allowed but just 4th in points allowed. I don't think there is anyone who would argue Denver had the 4th best defense last year...they were clearly the best defense.

I even stated that those numbers were "total defense" and then you replied you weren't sure where I got my numbers from, and proceeded to give me numbers from a completely different defensive category. If you can't see the flaw in measuring a defense by just looking at points allowed, then you are in the minority. Total defese is widely accepted as the go to stat when referring to the best defenses in the league.

As for Manning "carrying" the Colts in 2006...that's laughable. You must have a very short memory. Adam Vinatieri scored all of their points against the Ravens and Manning's defense was able to shut down the immortal Rex Grossman. Yeah, Manning's 250 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in the Super Bowl really carried the team. But I forgot, playoffs and Super Bowls don't matter to Iron-Cock. This probably explains why you can root for the Jets.

"How is points allowed a good measure of a team's defense? "

Did you really make that statement and expect anyone to read the rest of what you posted? Does this manufactured analytical measure determine the outcome of a game, or does the number of points allowed?

On 9/16/2017 at 11:46 PM, MariGOATA said:

"How is points allowed a good measure of a team's defense? "

Did you really make that statement and expect anyone to read the rest of what you posted? Does this manufactured analytical measure determine the outcome of a game, or does the number of points allowed?

Man, you are slow. Takes you a while to read something I posted in April...of 2016. You know, for a Titans fan you sure are obsessed with Brady and the Pats. And literally no one ever agrees with you. Keep up the great posts though. Can't wait to see what your next user name will be. 

Edited by mrblonde1984

On 9/16/2017 at 11:28 PM, Bandito said:

Christine Michael _____ Season Outlook

Josh Gordon _____ Season Outlook

Legatron _____ Season Outlook

Brady vs. Manning

Threads I wish would go the bleep away.

Don't open them. Hundreds of other threads to read on here instead. Millions of other websites to checkout online instead.