3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

4-0 being better than 5-3 is a ridculous notion.

They both had top 5 offense lines and top 5 defenses.

Give the right people some credit.

17 hours ago, South Carolina said:

So? Montana didn't have near the career Brady still has. It's not even close. Where's the debate? The facts are facts. 

Most of Montana's credit goes to Bill Walsh.  Walsh turned that organization into a dynasty.  When the guys who started the juggernaut move on and your team continues winning.....you did good.

Why does everyone like to pretend the only person on these football teams was the QB?  This crap is dumb?

28 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Most of Montana's credit goes to Bill Walsh.  Walsh turned that organization into a dynasty.  When the guys who started the juggernaut move on and your team continues winning.....you did good.

Why does everyone like to pretend the only person on these football teams was the QB?  This crap is dumb?

Because we aren't debating teams. 

19 hours ago, Gohawks said:

A better argument is what would happen if you swapped Manning and Brady?

I think Patriots would have similar success. I mean, it’s hard to have more success. However, the Broncos would not be as good.

That being said we can play hypotheticals all day. I don’t particularly like the Patriots but Brady is better due to his success when it matters. Sure he was surrounded by a better cast but I always believe in a players ability to lift teammates and Brady has been a great model of that. His longitivity is a testamate to his insane competitive nature and discipline and you can see it rubs off.

If you swap them, Peyton would have gotten BB fired before ever winning a SB. Brady can be coached and criticized through the media. Peyton's ego would get that coach fired -- like he did to Jim Mora Sr after the 2001 season. 

Plus Peyton would have never taken below market deals to keep his surrounding cast championship-level the way Brady has done (and did well before he met his current wife).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

If you swap them, Peyton would have gotten BB fired before ever winning a SB. Brady can be coached and criticized through the media. Peyton's ego would get that coach fired -- like he did to Jim Mora Sr after the 2001 season. 

Plus Peyton would have never taken below market deals to keep his surrounding cast championship-level the way Brady has done (and did well before he met his current wife).

This is a very good point. In fact, I was going to delete that paragraph.

it reminds me a little bit of the Jordan vs Lebron debate. Sure, you can claim he has better stats and worst cast. However, the reality is it isn't just luck. Brady makes his cast better and is willing to take a back seat when the coach feels like it is the right move. 

46 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Because Peyton Manning got, with all due respect, that idiot Jim Mora, Sr. fired, that automatically means he would have engineered Belichick's firing?  That doesn't really follow.  Also, I suspect Bill Polian had quite a bit to do with that (correct) decision.

Manning with BB as coach and top defenses would have been something to see.  I am thinking Manning would have won more titles than Brady.  Of course, we will never know for sure.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone really believe that the HGH delivered to the Manning residence was for his wife?

How that was slept under the rug and never became a typical NFL sponsored three-ring circus is beyond me. 

Edited by mjb03003
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Does anyone really believe that the HGH delivered to the Manning residence was for his wife?

How that was slept under the rug and never became a typical NFL sponsored three-ring circus is beyond me. 

Because Peyton retired months later. Otherwise it would have become a big deal.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Because Peyton Manning got, with all due respect, that idiot Jim Mora, Sr. fired, that automatically means he would have engineered Belichick's firing?  That doesn't really follow.  Also, I suspect Bill Polian had quite a bit to do with that (correct) decision.

Manning with BB as coach and top defenses would have been something to see.  I am thinking Manning would have won more titles than Brady.  Of course, we will never know for sure.

Peyton in his prime would have never taken the pay cut necessary to have a top defense with him. The only time he did it was literally his last season and that's because Elway massaged it through the media while Peyton was taking months to decide if he wanted to play in 2015. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Because Peyton retired months later. Otherwise it would have become a big deal.

I mean the report/documentary came to light late in 2015 and Peyton and the Broncos won the Super Bowl the following February (2016). Compare the media firestorm Peyton had to endure that year to the year prior when Brady and the Patriots were embroiled in "Deflategate." 

6 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

I mean the report/documentary came to light late in 2015 and Peyton and the Broncos won the Super Bowl the following February (2016). Compare the media firestorm Peyton had to endure that year to the year prior when Brady and the Patriots were embroiled in "Deflategate." 

Because everyone knew Brady wasn't going anywhere...deflategate was pushed by jealous owners even more than by ESPN.

10 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Because everyone knew Brady wasn't going anywhere...deflategate was pushed by jealous owners even more than by ESPN.

I understand all of that, but it still seems like the league, ESPN, and the media three ring circus as a whole bent over backwards NOT to make the Manning thing a story, allowing him to ride off into the sunset. I don't understand what incentive the media would have had to squash the story, unless they were under pressure directly from the league to do so. 

3 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

I understand all of that, but it still seems like the league, ESPN, and the media three ring circus as a whole bent over backwards NOT to make the Manning thing a story, allowing him to ride off into the sunset. I don't understand what incentive the media would have had to squash the story, unless they were under pressure directly from the league to do so. 

They likely were.

There’s a reason nobody else is reporting this and it has nothing to do with a grand conspiracy to save Peyton’s legacy/ego

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2018 at 12:14 PM, lolcopter said:

There’s a reason nobody else is reporting this and it has nothing to do with a grand conspiracy to save Peyton’s legacy/ego

Who knows. He's the media darling. Most of them wouldn't report it if it was true anyhow. I don't take much out of it. His game was always his smarts, not so much his talent.

3 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Who knows. He's the media darling. Most of them wouldn't report it if it was true anyhow. I don't take much out of it. His game was always his smarts, not so much his talent.

Complete nonsense the media has zero loyalties to any person or player. They are for profit businesses and are focused on selling content with big headlines. if any of them had the smoking gun on peyton they would have exposed it by now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Complete nonsense the media has zero loyalties to any person or player. They are for profit businesses and are focused on selling content with big headlines. if any of them had the smoking gun on peyton they would have exposed it by now. 

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or...

The founder of The Guyer Institute, Dr. Dale Guyer, said "Mr. Sly has fabricated this whole thing for reasons I cannot fathom."

In a video posted on YouTube, Sly went back on his comments.

“I am recanting any such statement, and there is no truth to any statement of mine that Al Jazeera plans to air,” he said.

https://www.insideedition.com/headlines/13798-peyton-manning-plans-to-sue-al-jazeera-over-hgh-allegations-this-is-a-total-fabrication

Manning denied some of the claims and two other athletes named in the documentary filed lawsuits against the channel. There was no immediate indication of any link between the controversy and the channel’s closure, however.

After practice Wednesday, Manning had a sarcastic response to the channel shutting down.

“I’m sure it’s going to be just devastating to all their viewers,” he said, prompting laughter from reporters.

http://kdvr.com/2016/01/13/al-jazeera-america-shutting-down-network-aired-controversial-peyton-manning-hgh-report/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lolcopter said:

The founder of The Guyer Institute, Dr. Dale Guyer, said "Mr. Sly has fabricated this whole thing for reasons I cannot fathom."

In a video posted on YouTube, Sly went back on his comments.

“I am recanting any such statement, and there is no truth to any statement of mine that Al Jazeera plans to air,” he said.

https://www.insideedition.com/headlines/13798-peyton-manning-plans-to-sue-al-jazeera-over-hgh-allegations-this-is-a-total-fabrication

Manning denied some of the claims and two other athletes named in the documentary filed lawsuits against the channel. There was no immediate indication of any link between the controversy and the channel’s closure, however.

After practice Wednesday, Manning had a sarcastic response to the channel shutting down.

“I’m sure it’s going to be just devastating to all their viewers,” he said, prompting laughter from reporters.

http://kdvr.com/2016/01/13/al-jazeera-america-shutting-down-network-aired-controversial-peyton-manning-hgh-report/

The fact that Sly recanted is very unconvincing. Why did he choose the specific players/names he chose? What would his incentive have been to make up a bunch of lies in the first place? 

On the flip side, what might his incentive be to recant those claims/statements?

45 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

The fact that Sly recanted is very unconvincing. Why did he choose the specific players/names he chose? What would his incentive have been to make up a bunch of lies in the first place? 

Because he was recorded off camera by a rag publisher like Al Jazeera who quite obviously was just making stuff up. He never named Manning specifically at all, just his wife. Literal fake news.

On the flip side, what might his incentive be to recant those claims/statements?

Probably to not get sued for slander.

Go find an actual reputable source before you try to peddle this garbage, it’s just making you look like a fool.

Edited by lolcopter

11 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Because he was recorded off camera by a rag publisher like Al Jazeera who quite obviously was just making stuff up. He never named Manning specifically at all, just his wife. Literal fake news.

Go find an actual reputable source before you try to peddle this garbage, it’s just making you look like a fool.

Like ESPN? Lol.

17 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Take a deep breath. Now take another one. 

I think it's fair to wonder whether there's more to the story here. I'm sure if I did find a source of information that contradicted your beliefs you'd just call it "fake news" and/or say it wasn't reputable. Meanwhile you're choosing to believe ESPN and whatever the other mainstream media sources have presented? 

I'm just confused by that stance. 

Edited by mjb03003
  • Like 1

You guys don’t even bother quoting or linking to whatever garbage story you are referencing and instead continue to rely on a known Qatar propaganda outlet. Welp, I’m convinced! Great investigative work, really top notch contributions all around.