28 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Take a deep breath. Now take another one. 

I think it's fair to wonder whether there's more to the story here. I'm sure if I did find a source of information that contradicted your beliefs you'd just call it "fake news" and/or say it wasn't reputable. Meanwhile you're choosing to believe ESPN and whatever the other mainstream media sources have presented? 

I'm just confused by that stance. 

Fair to wonder- and would it surprise you if PM did take something for his neck recovery?   I can’t say I’d blame him.  The NFL picks and chooses which drugs to allow based on whats in their best interest (i.e shooting up toradol at halftime).   Not what’s in the players best interest.   

That said-  there’s been no factual evidence other than a supposed link to Peyton’s wife which couldn’t be verified- and later the only source recants.  You can’t go around “breaking news” with unverified sources.   It sounds like a young reporter trying to make a name for himself.    Whether or not there’s any merit we don’t know yet. 

Edited by Impreza178

11 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

You guys don’t even bother quoting or linking to whatever garbage story you are referencing and instead continue to rely on a known Qatar propaganda outlet. Welp, I’m convinced! Great investigative work, really top notch contributions all around.

The lack of reporting on this whole story, especially reporting that is critical or skeptical of Manning's side of the story, is actually a reason for suspicion in my opinion. 

Maybe you guys should go worry about Edelman’s possible suspension. I wonder what Al Jazeera has to say about that one.

oh wait, they shut down their American bureau 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Fair to wonder- and would it surprise you if PM did take something for his neck recovery?   I can’t say I’d blame him.  The NFL picks and chooses which drugs to allow based on whats in their best interest (i.e shooting up toradol at halftime).   Not what’s in the players best interest.   

That said-  there’s been no factual evidence other than a supposed link to Peyton’s wife which couldn’t be verified- and later the only source recants.  You can’t go around “breaking news” with unverified sources.   It sounds like a young reporter trying to make a name for himself.    Whether or not there’s any merit we don’t know yet. 

I wouldn't blame Peyton for taking HGH, no. The NFL seems to use a completely arbitrary set of criteria to decide when it will crack down on a player/team and when it will not. 

Whether or not I care what he took to recover from his neck injury is not really the question. To me this is about the inconsistency of the league and the media in how they handle a potentially explosive story about one of it's star players and a potential attempt to gain a competitive advantage. It's been confirmed (by the Mannings no less) that HGH was shipped to their home in Ashley Manning's name. They say she was prescribed this medicine by a doctor at an anti-aging clinic, although the ailment/condition that she has - which have been withheld - were not treatable with HGH, according to multiple experts. 

I think the real reason the story pretty much ends there is because to investigate further requires reviewing private medical information, which is a huge Pandora's box. Proving that Peyton actually took the HGH would be close to impossible at this point, and he can rather effectively hide behind his wife. I guess that's why we just shrug and move on.

The reason I'm still sort of fascinated by this whole situation is as much about the facts (or lack thereof) as it is about the public's reaction (or lack thereof), which may or may not have been influenced heavily by the league and the media entities they do business with. 

This is a pretty good read: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/debate-over-peyton-manning-and-hgh-still-bubbles-years-after-al-jazeera-documentary/2018/06/07/1b86bcac-687f-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c1fb88641b1d

Edited by mjb03003

13 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

In reality, Manning’s lawyers only confirmed Ashley Manning’s HGH prescription. When Al Jazeera’s Davies cited the “second source,” she neglected to mention this source had also strongly denied the HGH shipments to the Manning home were meant for, or taken by, Peyton Manning.

In a phone interview, Matthew D. McGill, lawyer for the Mannings, termed it “unethical and utterly despicable” for Al Jazeera to cite publicly some of the information he had provided in off-the-record discussions as a “second source” for a documentary that suggested Peyton Manning took HGH.

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

I mean if that's all you take away from the article, that's fine. I also never went to bat for Al Jazeera. 

Just now, mjb03003 said:

I mean if that's all you take away from the article, that's fine. I also never went to bat for Al Jazeera. 

WashPo is just as bad

Fact of the matter remains that nobody outside of a few insecure Pats fans even know or care about this fabricated nonsense. Stay salty

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

WashPo is just as bad

I think I predicted this... name a few sources you would consider reliable please. I'll go find their coverage of this story that says all of the same things. 

1 minute ago, mjb03003 said:

I think I predicted this... name a few sources you would consider reliable please. I'll go find their coverage of this story that says all of the same things.

Don’t waste your time. I can only read articles about literally nothing so many times

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_career.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

6 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Fact of the matter remains that nobody outside of a few insecure Pats fans even know or care about this fabricated nonsense. Stay salty

This is my entire point. Most NFL fans are hardly even aware that Peyton Manning had HGH shipped to his house for reasons that still are not clear.

Just now, mjb03003 said:

This is my entire point. Most NFL fans are hardly even aware that Peyton Manning had HGH shipped to his house for reasons that still are not clear.

And yet nobody cares

Just now, lolcopter said:

LOL. Okay., so you're a fanboy and you're unwilling to discuss something that besmirch Peyton. Got it. 

And yet nobody cares

Again...that's my point. 

3 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

LOL. Okay., so you're a fanboy and you're unwilling to discuss something that besmirch Peyton. Got it. 

No, I believe in innocence until proven guilty, and a total fabrication from a rag outlet like Al Jazeera is not enough to persuade me or anyone else for that matter. But keep fighting the good fight or whatever it is you’re trying to accomplish

Edited by lolcopter

No, I believe in innocence until proven guilty, and a total fabrication from a rag outlet like Al Jazeera is not enough to persuade me or anyone else for that matter. But keep fighting the good fight or whatever it is you’re trying to accomplish

The fact that you're having such a hard time understanding "what I'm trying to accomplish" is on you. I've been very clear. 

Just now, mjb03003 said:

The fact that you're having such a hard time understanding "what I'm trying to accomplish" is on you. I've been very clear. 

Dude what if the moon was made of cheese, can you imagine?

1 minute ago, mjb03003 said:

Yes, Manning is a dirty cheater so let’s all just forget about the Patriot’s systematic cheating over the years. Brady = GOAT

5 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Yes, Manning is a dirty cheater so let’s all just forget about the Patriot’s systematic cheating over the years. Brady = GOAT

Not at all. You're making a huge leap. 

How can anybody defend Peyton Manning ...

if any human growth hormone substances were shipped to the Mannings house anybody with half a brain would know they were attended for Peyton and not his wife. 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

How can anybody defend Peyton Manning ...

if any human growth hormone substances were shipped to the Mannings house anybody with half a brain would know they were attended for Peyton and not his wife. 

that’s some nice proof ya got there

6 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

that’s some nice proof ya got there

I  use some common sense try it sometimes