1 minute ago, dashoe said:

1. Makes perfect sense. The majority are bandwagoners

2. Bandwagon fans are the worst, they have low self esteem and lie about their loyalty

3. Your above post is irrefutable proof that you are a  bandwagon guy. . .:lol:

What's your problem?

4. Your posts 1-3 indicate that you are interested in nothing but being a contrarian and starting arguments from a keyboard.

Edited by ThreadKiller

I'm just here to say that I got my Tom Brady jersey on December 25th, 2001.

Can I have a gold star now?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

What's your problem?

Bandwagon guys who KILL THREADS  :lol:

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Bandwagon guys who KILL THREADS  :lol:

No one is killing this thread except you, man. A decent, civilized conversation was taking place while YOU interrupted it with criticism of strangers and an argumentative personality.

Just stop.

Edited by ThreadKiller

17 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Because not everyone has the same metrics and opinion? :lol:

Manning is the GOAT, revolutionized the position and won it all on 2 very different teams a carousel of coaches and WITH A BROKEN NECK.

Brady's biggest injury is Giselle sticking him with a hairpin  as  she does his hair while they play Barbie and Ken :lol:

The Broncos won in spite of Manning. Anyone with eyes could see that.

And he used HGH to come back from the neck injury. Which personally, I could care less about. I think it should be legal.  But it's amazing to me the mental gymnastics people will do to paint Brady as a cheater but look the other way when Manning has HGH delivered to his house and makes a miraculous comeback. But right, it was for his wife. :lol: Could you imagine if Brady had PEDs delivered to his house and blamed his wife ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dashoe said:

1. Makes perfect sense. The majority are bandwagoners

2. Bandwagon fans are the worst, they have low self esteem and lie about their loyalty

3. Your above post is irrefutable proof that you are a  bandwagon guy. . .:lol:

Josh Gordon says hi ... and he thanks you for your loyal support in his thread. 

19 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

No one is killing this thread except you, man. A decent, civilized conversation was taking place while YOU interrupted it with criticism of strangers and an argumentative personality.

Just stop.

Go back to the early and middle days of this thread buddy, I am the decent civilized conversationalist :lol:

Just now, shakestreet said:

Josh Gordon says hi ... and he thanks you for your loyal support in his thread. 

Josh saved the Pats season when it was almost over . . .thats why the team loves him :D

These comparison are so hard to make because its tough to compare intangibles and the set of circumstances each player has.  Two things that work strongly in Brady's favor are his head coach and the fact that he never had to go up against a Bill Belicheck defense.  I find it real hard to crown a guy the greatest of all time when he never went against the greatest of all time.  

What is undeniable is Brady's ability to read a defense and get the team into the correct play. I'm not sure there is anyone even close to 2nd to him in this, maybe Drew Brees?

I think it was slightly unfair to Peyton Manning that he was essentially the Offensive Coordinator and the Quarterback, that is an incredibly heavy burden to carry.  I can't even imagine how stressful and difficult this must have been over 17 or 18 seasons at that level.  I played QB for a few flag football teams in Boston, and having guys just look to you for a new play every 30 seconds was exhausting, to the point I'd eventually just give up and say just get open.  With the Colts no-huddle all those years, I think Peyton called most of the plays, unlike the Patriots who always get the play called in.

If you're judging something like physical skillset I'd think Peyton is better, but a guy like Aaron Rodgers blows them both out of the water.  It's just tough to say with a straight face that a guy going to his 9th Superbowl isn't the greatest of all time, you're fighting an uphill battle there.  That said, I think Rodgers and Manning would each have 5 Superbowls if they played 18 years under Belicheck, but hypotheticals don't make you the greatest.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think it's more like people hate the devoted lifelong bandwagon Pat's fanbase  :lol:

Not sure what that has to do with Brady, but ok. Again, this argument is over, you just hate Brady. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

These comparison are so hard to make because its tough to compare intangibles and the set of circumstances each player has.  Two things that work strongly in Brady's favor are his head coach and the fact that he never had to go up against a Bill Belicheck defense.  I find it real hard to crown a guy the greatest of all time when he never went against the greatest of all time.  

What is undeniable is Brady's ability to read a defense and get the team into the correct play. I'm not sure there is anyone even close to 2nd to him in this, maybe Drew Brees?

I think it was slightly unfair to Peyton Manning that he was essentially the Offensive Coordinator and the Quarterback, that is an incredibly heavy burden to carry.  I can't even imagine how stressful and difficult this must have been over 17 or 18 seasons at that level.  I played QB for a few flag football teams in Boston, and having guys just look to you for a new play every 30 seconds was exhausting, to the point I'd eventually just give up and say just get open.  With the Colts no-huddle all those years, I think Peyton called most of the plays, unlike the Patriots who always get the play called in.

If you're judging something like physical skillset I'd think Peyton is better, but a guy like Aaron Rodgers blows them both out of the water.  It's just tough to say with a straight face that a guy going to his 9th Superbowl isn't the greatest of all time, you're fighting an uphill battle there.  That said, I think Rodgers and Manning would each have 5 Superbowls if they played 18 years under Belicheck, but hypotheticals don't make you the greatest.

They would want too much money to stay that long under BB. Brady has taken less than market value his whole career to make the team better. 

Also, don't quote me, but I'd guess Manning wanted that much control over the offense. Can't hold it against him if he asked for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

The bolded part is kind of fascinating to me. Wouldn't that be like saying "Belchick can't be considered the best coach of all time because he never went against Montana." This would obviously only apply if someone thought Montana was the GOAT.

I appreciate your take but I just can't get behind that part of it.

I agree that Manning was amazing. But 9 Superbowls and what Brady in his career thus far is just ridiculous. To take away some of that credit and give it to Belichick is unfair and vice versa (not saying you are doing this, but just in general). It just happens to be the perfect storm that Belichick and Brady have been paired together.

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

They would want too much money to stay that long under BB. Brady has taken less than market value his whole career to make the team better. 

Also, don't quote me, but I'd guess Manning wanted that much control over the offense. Can't hold it against him if he asked for it.

I think you are right about that tbh. Also, I feel like crediting him for running two teams (as if he had to learn a new scheme) is a bit much. It was always his offense.

15 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

The bolded part is kind of fascinating to me. Wouldn't that be like saying "Belchick can't be considered the best coach of all time because he never went against Montana." This would obviously only apply if someone thought Montana was the GOAT.

I appreciate your take but I just can't get behind that part of it.

I agree that Manning was amazing. But 9 Superbowls and what Brady in his career thus far is just ridiculous. To take away some of that credit and give it to Belichick is unfair and vice versa (not saying you are doing this, but just in general). It just happens to be the perfect storm that Belichick and Brady have been paired together.

Belicheck did go against Montana, numerous times.  Montana is 0-3 vs. Defensive Coordinator Bill Belicheck career in the playoffs.

Montana's offense were held to 19 points in 3 playoff games against the New York Giants when Bill was the D-Coordinator.

Edited by The_Truth_Returns

Just now, The_Truth_Returns said:

Belicheck did go against Montana, numerous times.  Montana is 0-3 vs. Defensive Coordinator Bill Belicheck career in the playoffs.

Well son of a...lol

Thanks for correcting me, I really didn't know that. Guess I hadn't thought about it.

I do still stand by what I'm saying though but I respect your opinion.

1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

Well son of a...lol

Thanks for correcting me, I really didn't know that. Guess I hadn't thought about it.

I do still stand by what I'm saying though but I respect your opinion.

Haha, they said on the broadcast sunday that this was his 750th game coaching in some capacity (Coordinator, Position Coach, Head Coach, etc.).  Guy is ancient, and seen everyone over the last 50 years.  They should just let him solely vote for the Hall of Fame class each year, haha.

7 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Haha, they said on the broadcast sunday that this was his 750th game coaching in some capacity (Coordinator, Position Coach, Head Coach, etc.).  Guy is ancient, and seen everyone over the last 50 years.  They should just let him solely vote for the Hall of Fame class each year, haha.

The genius of Hoodie is always overshadowed by the glory and adulation by the media and bandwagoners given to Giselles boy toy .

He would have wont championships without the QB of Many Many Questionable Hairstyles :lol:

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

EN NECK.

Brady's biggest injury is Giselle sticking him with a hairpin  as  she does his hair while they play Barbie and Ken :lol:

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

by the glory and adulation by the media and bandwagoners given to Giselles boy toy .

He would have wont championships without the QB of Many Many Questionable Hairstyles :lol:

I mean it's just really hard to take an argument seriously if you're going down this route with an emoji attached to it.

I think if you stuck both Mannings together as one player, you could probably argue Tom is better at this point :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

I mean it's just really hard to take an argument seriously if you're going down this route with an emoji attached to it.

I think if you stuck both Mannings together as one player, you could probably argue Tom is better at this point :lol::lol:

Don't you ever insult and call me serious again! :lol:

• Haha 1

Related image

This and this alone disqualifies him as THE GOAT. . .. :lol:

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2016 at 11:11 AM, footballpimp said:

Peyton Manning easily has the best stats of any QB ever there is no question about it

How’s that?

• Like 1

All of the stats (many of which Brady has),

all of the flashy plays and throws (many of which Brady did, I know it’s hard to remember for some because he’s been playing for 19 years),

The alleged system he’s been in (as if the “system” hasn’t changed between from Ben Coates to Randy Moss to Julian Edelman)

It’s all meaningless. How many CLUTCH PLAYOFF PERFORMANCES does one man need to deliver? Brady was the goat before Sunday. That was just more icing on the cake. 

Plus this year, at 41, he’s done it again. With practically no weapons. 

And as far as Peyton winning with two teams, Von Miller dragged his lifeless

body over the finish line with the Broncos. 

• Like 2

I'm actually impressed that this thread is still going on.  I was in here roughly two years ago before the comeback against Atlanta and the argument was finished at that point for all intents and purposes.  Manning was one of the best ever, unanimous HOFer.  He beat Brady in 3 AFC title games that Tom will never get back.  But Brady has been to more Super Bowls than any TEAM ever.  Yada yada its a team sport, but QB is the most important position in sports.  Are we going to discredit Jordan for his 6 titles because it's a team game and he had Pippen/Jackson?  Of course not.  Any GOAT will have great teammates and coaches around them, and sometimes those players and coaches are great BECAUSE the GOAT helped them become that.

But at the end of the day this discussion can never be fact, only opinion, so dashoe and others will be able to have their own until the end of time, whether it's the minority opinion or not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Dirtdog said:

I'm actually impressed that this thread is still going on.  I was in here roughly two years ago before the comeback against Atlanta and the argument was finished at that point for all intents and purposes.  Manning was one of the best ever, unanimous HOFer.  He beat Brady in 3 AFC title games that Tom will never get back.  But Brady has been to more Super Bowls than any TEAM ever.  Yada yada its a team sport, but QB is the most important position in sports.  Are we going to discredit Jordan for his 6 titles because it's a team game and he had Pippen/Jackson?  Of course not.  Any GOAT will have great teammates and coaches around them, and sometimes those players and coaches are great BECAUSE the GOAT helped them become that.

But at the end of the day this discussion can never be fact, only opinion, so dashoe and others will be able to have their own until the end of time, whether it's the minority opinion or not.

Whats the BEST FLAVOR  ever chocolate or vanilla?? :lol:

On 1/21/2019 at 5:55 PM, dashoe said:

On 1/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, The_Truth_Returns said:

does josh gordon get a ring when the pats win? serious question.... edit..sorry thought this was the superbowl thread

Edited by SyNdicateZ