Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

The exact opposite comparison makes no sense.

 

Manning was more dominant than Brady

Lebron was more dominant than Kobe

 

Kobe won more than Lebron

Brady won more than Manning

 

Kobe played for a better organization and coach than Lebron

Brady played for a better organization and coach than Manning

 

I don't think you know much about basketball and that is sort or a prerequisite to this topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmb3684 said:

 

Umm that Shaq guy was pretty good.

That was for his first rings. Also, it wasn't a Shaq was a 1 and Kobe was a 2. That's a lie. It was a 1a and 1b. In their second ring, Kobe averaged 29/7/6/1.6/0.8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is difficult to compare the two sports. Brady is only responsible for 1/3 of the team. Belichick plays a large part in everything they do and why they can contend every season. Brady provides stability, but Belichick is the key cog.

 

And Kobe had a lull where Lebron was stuck in Cleveland with no talent and the Celtics were the only real contention and weren't an all-time great team. They only won 1 championship with their "big 3". Kobe only ended up winning 2 of 3 in that window. Had Shaq stayed in LA they would have won more than 3. Didn't they beat Orlando with Howard for one of those championships? One of the weakest Finals opponents probably.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devaster said:

It is difficult to compare the two sports. Brady is only responsible for 1/3 of the team. Belichick plays a large part in everything they do and why they can contend every season. Brady provides stability, but Belichick is the key cog.

 

And Kobe had a lull where Lebron was stuck in Cleveland with no talent and the Celtics were the only real contention and weren't an all-time great team. They only won 1 championship with their "big 3". Kobe only ended up winning 2 of 3 in that window. Had Shaq stayed in LA they would have won more than 3. Didn't they beat Orlando with Howard for one of those championships? One of the weakest Finals opponents probably.

Why would that be credited against Kobe but Lebron playing in the weakest conference ever not be counted against him? The real finals that year was the WCF. Anywho, enough of Kobe vs Lebron. My point is, Brady is the GOAT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

 

 

 

Was trying to thing of a better comp on the ride home.

 

Brady=Duncan

Manning=KG

 

is what I came up with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

 

Was trying to thing of a better comp on the ride home.

 

Brady=Duncan

Manning=KG

 

is what I came up with

Brady=Duncan is the perfect comparison between the two sports. Similar teams and all-time great coaches as well.

 

I don't really think Manning=KG is a good one. Manning is one of the greatest QB's to ever play, many argue the greatest. But he hasn't had nearly the coaching talent, front office, or even sometimes the quality of players that the Patriots have had over the years. And he faced the Patriots in the playoffs every season before the SB. In what many years would actually be the true SB. Manning and Lebron is probably the closest comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I don't think you know much about basketball and that is sort or a prerequisite to this topic.

I know more about basketball than football actually. Follow the overall sport closer. Taking Kobe over Lebron isn't that crazy. Plus, you're a Celtics fan so there's that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Brady=Duncan is the perfect comparison between the two sports. Similar teams and all-time great coaches as well.

 

I don't really think Manning=KG is a good one. Manning is one of the greatest QB's to ever play, many argue the greatest. But he hasn't had nearly the coaching talent, front office, or even sometimes the quality of players that the Patriots have had over the years. And he faced the Patriots in the playoffs every season before the SB. In what many years would actually be the true SB. Manning and Lebron is probably the closest comparison.

 

Brady=Duncan is a perfect comparison. The bold is why I used the Lebron comparison. 

 

Lebron is one of the greatest to ever play, many argue the greatest. But he hasn't had nearly the coaching talent, front office, or even sometimes the quality of players that the Lakers have had over the years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is this thread still open? The debate ended on 2/3/2019 late evening.

 

Someones sleeping on the job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I know more about basketball than football actually. Follow the overall sport closer. Taking Kobe over Lebron isn't that crazy. Plus, you're a Celtics fan so there's that.

 

 

 

What do the Celtics have to do with anything? I hate Lebron, no qualms with Kobe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Brady=Duncan is a perfect comparison. The bold is why I used the Lebron comparison. 

 

Lebron is one of the greatest to ever play, many argue the greatest. But he hasn't had nearly the coaching talent, front office, or even sometimes the quality of players that the Lakers have had over the years

 

Aside from his first stint in Cleveland,, LeBron is the coach and picks his own players. You can't hold that against him.

Edited by dmb3684

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video for the GOAT deniers...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Jerry Rice and Lawrence Taylor.

There is a short, short list with very few players on it.

Edited by jmausen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the debate ended with the pats comeback vs Atlanta, even posing vs the eags, Brady threw more than 500 yards

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 12:25 PM, dashoe said:

 

 

Not me, no cares about spygate. I have always maintained Brady NEEDED Hoodie to be successful but Hoodie didnt neccessarily need Brady  because there was some measureable success with Bledsoe and the QB that stepped in the year Brady was injured. not to mention Hoodies track record prior to being a HC with NE. I don't think anyone with a non fanboy brain will challenge the theory that Hoodie would have won some SB's without Brady but will struggle with the theory that Brady would have won titles without hoodie.

 

Peyton dominated as a QB with garbage teams and multiple coaches who needed him.

Case closed.:P

So on both accounts you admit the rules were broken. But you rationalize it by saying everyone does it. Then you say anyone who has a problem with the Patriots is at fault by being jealous of their success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basketball in a football thread. Ok. 

Brady is the best qb ever. I will go to my grave saying Larry Bird was the best basketball player I ever had the pleasure of watching. Definitely the highest basketball IQ I have ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Basketball in a football thread. Ok. 

Brady is the best qb ever. I will go to my grave saying Larry Bird was the best basketball player I ever had the pleasure of watching. Definitely the highest basketball IQ I have ever seen.

Bird isnt even a top 5. Let alone the greatest. Not even close

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eli Manning is better than cheating loser Brady, Eli has integrity, Brady is a worthless cheating POS.

His legacy is forever tainted with all the cheating, Brady is a pure unadulterated POS.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cashvillesent said:

Bird isnt even a top 5. Let alone the greatest. Not even close

 

Well, you know, that's just like, um, your opinion man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Brady is the best cheating qb ever.

 

FTFY.

Deflate some balls for me bro, PSI way too high you need to cut it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look. I HATE the Pats. I just call 'em like I see 'em. Skill wise though? Brady wishes he can make the throws Rodgers can. Dude's a winner though. Gotta give him that. Ten SB appearances? Are you kidding me? Product of the system? Probably. Still. Somebody has to throw the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, dmb3684 said:

 

Umm that Shaq guy was pretty good.

He wasn't too bad, but Kobe won a championship without him, too.  I pretty much agree with Go Hawks on this subject. Pardon me for getting off-topic.

Montana fan here. Brady's two idols growing up - Montana and Young.

Being a Montana fan, I never really liked Young. Many would argue Young was just as good and so on. My argument always was if you learned from the best you would be pretty good, too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Z06vette said:

He wasn't too bad, but Kobe won a championship without him, too.  I pretty much agree with Go Hawks on this subject. Pardon me for getting off-topic.

Montana fan here. Brady's two idols growing up - Montana and Young.

Being a Montana fan, I never really liked Young. Many would argue Young was just as good and so on. My argument always was if you learned from the best you would be pretty good, too.

Cowboys fan but loved me some Montana. Man what a team back then. Montana, Rice, Clark, Craig, and Lott.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Cowboys fan but loved me some Montana. Man what a team back then. Montana, Rice, Clark, Craig, and Lott.

49ers defense was very good in those days too...I miss all those guys. I'm 100% with you, loved them all. 

A good way to figure who you think is best, IMO You get one QB for the Super Bowl whose your QB (present and past)?

Right now this second not so sure I wouldn't take Mahomes (as my present QB). The guy is so difficult to defend. Of course, Mahomes has a ways to go before we see how good he turns out to be, far as a career.

At the end of the day. hard for me not to take my boy Montana. Sure, I'm a bit bias, if you want to call it that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...