bigbossman

Alex Verdugo - OF LAD

Last 10 games - .436, 2 HR, 1 SB, and only 2K's.

On the season he's now up to .342, 6 HR, 3 SB, with only 23k's in 46 games/187AB's.

Is he trade bait for the Dodgers?  It seems like there is no room for him on MLB roster with everyone healthy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, svdude said:

Last 10 games - .436, 2 HR, 1 SB, and only 2K's.

On the season he's now up to .342, 6 HR, 3 SB, with only 23k's in 46 games/187AB's.

Is he trade bait for the Dodgers?  It seems like there is no room for him on MLB roster with everyone healthy.

If the Dodgers weren't being so consistent about their not going over the luxury tax threshold, I'd say maybe, but if they were going to trade Verdugo, they would be doing so too bring in major league talent that they could plug right in, and that would impact their payroll. 

4 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

If the Dodgers weren't being so consistent about their not going over the luxury tax threshold, I'd say maybe, but if they were going to trade Verdugo, they would be doing so too bring in major league talent that they could plug right in, and that would impact their payroll. 

Good point, forgot about Dodgers and others focusing on not going over to reset.  Looks like he will need an injury to make any real impact this year.  

the forgotten prospect. unsexy, but I really like his game.

Future .295-20-85 kind of player with stellar peripherals. Power could play up with juiced balls - his swing path the last year or so shows a major push for power, which I welcome -- he has the coordination and bat skills to make it work. Why be Jesse Winker when you could be Corey Seager in the outfield?

• Like 1

I could be completely wrong on him, but I see Albert Almora 2.0.  Great contact hitter, solid average, but doesn't do a whole lot to help fantasy owners.

He seems to be tapping somewhat into his power. I'm holding and hoping those Benintendi comps (minus some speed) are possible, the kid can't hit!

Something about this guy, I really like to have him on my dynasty team. I just don't know where they'd plug him on that Dodgers roster.  He could be a great #2 hitter in that line up.

Wonder what the plans are with him in 2019. At the moment, he is supposedly competing with Joc for the LF spot. It seems like Verdugo would have to have a hell of a spring to break camp with the spot, but surely could be possible. 

I think he would be a great addition to that lineup and could bat near the top since they lack a true leadoff or even #2 hitter. Verdugo, Turner, Seager, Pollock, Bellinger, Muncy is a pretty formidable top 6 of a lineup and then throw in Taylor, etc.

Harper NOT signing in LA probably means Verdugo makes the Dodgers out of camp, but will likely be a part timer at best for now. His upside is very good.

Have watched Verdugos at bats over the last 3 games, what a hell of an approach at the plate he has. His near home run against the Diamondbacks, when he took a 1-2 slider from a lefty that went 3/4 to the wall was a thing of beauty. Otherwise, he is beginning to heat up. It's still early in Spring, but man turn this kid loose.