Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Old Hippie

Think I finally nailed a draft

12 Team H2H Yahoo custom 6X6 (Hits, QS) Keep 6 in round drafted + 1, 30 innings minimum

c- d'Arnaud

1st - Fielder

2nd- Rendon (K)

3rd- Sano (K)

ss- CSeager (K)

of - Betts (K), Bryant (K), Cespedes

utl- Revere, Burns

bn- Harrison, Conforto. Goings

D/L - Travis

n/a - Reed

sp- Scherzer (K), Sale, Maeda, Moore, Walker, Ryu (D/L bound), Gausman (D/L bound)

rp- Wade, Giles, Grilli, Osuna

n/a- Berrios

When 25 man rosters are finalized I have two slots to stream or stream 1 spot and take one of Eickoff, Ray, Valasquez

closers are weak but it is a long season. offense is strong and well balanced

Opinions?

Whir as always

Unless that's Dwayne wade and Brian Giles, I wouldn't say your closers are weak!

when you have 5 strong offensive keepers and only 5 more offensive spots to draft yes you should have a strong offensive team

I think SP is the weak spot. Would like to see a Matz/Iglesias/Martinez type arm with sp2 upside so I think you have a pretty big gap between your top two and the rest. Otherwise good team

Yup, awesome draft. You could realistically end up with the #1 and #2 overall pitchers, and a nice collection of young hitters.

You're keepers are absurd. Frankly I'm not sure how you landed Bryant, Mookie, Sano, Sale, and Scherzer. Those were all top 25 picks in my first year keeper draft on Thursday. I am jealous!

In three years, I wouldn't be shocked if you have 3 consensus top-10 fantasy players in Bryant, Mookie, and Sano (maybe even 4 with Seager). Their upside is tremendous.

The most interesting development will be deciding between Rendon and Conforto for the final keeper spot. If Rendon regains 75% of his 2014 form, it will be hard not to go with him, but Conforto projects to be a stud #3 hitter for a long time-- a perennial .300-25-100 kind of hitter imo.

Anyway, I love your team. Happy opening day eve!

I started this draft last year with a bunch of old slow keepers. I had drafted Scherzer in the 12th two years ago and Rendon in the 20th. Bettes was last year in the 11th. Decided to blow the team as it wasn't going anywhere.

So last year was a rebuild from draft day onward. Bryant was my 5th round. Sano was my 10th round. CSeager was a 23rd round. I also had Correa with a 20th round (traded before I realized how special he would be). Also did Darvish in the 17th round as a backup to Scherzer going downhill.

Then I just started either trading or outright dropping my older keepers. Tanked the season but with trades and some WW actually came in 7th place missing the playoffs by 2 points. Was a perfect storm type season.

This year in the draft you should have seen the prospect being taken in the later rounds. I got Reed and Berrios in the 17th and 18th round. Conforto with a 16th round.

You do miss out on those mid round players without having picks in rounds 8-10. 33 picks can really deplete those sp3-4 players.

12 Team H2H Yahoo custom 6X6 (Hits, QS) Keep 6 in round drafted + 1, 30 innings minimum

c- d'Arnaud

1st - Fielder

2nd- Rendon (K)

3rd- Sano (K)

ss- CSeager (K)

of - Betts (K), Bryant (K), Cespedes

utl- Revere, Burns

bn- Harrison, Conforto. Goings

D/L - Travis

n/a - Reed

sp- Scherzer (K), Sale, Maeda, Moore, Walker, Ryu (D/L bound), Gausman (D/L bound)

rp- Wade, Giles, Grilli, Osuna

n/a- Berrios

When 25 man rosters are finalized I have two slots to stream or stream 1 spot and take one of Eickoff, Ray, Valasquez

closers are weak but it is a long season. offense is strong and well balanced

Opinions?

Whir as always

Very nicely done. Your bats are incredibly strong and you've done a great job with balancing speed and power. I'm not worried about your arms. Scherzer and Sale are beasts, plus you've got some high upside guys (Maeda, Walker). When Berrios comes up you've got another strong arm. I really like your closers too. The only one I'm marginally concerned about is Grilli and that's because he may get traded to be a setup guy at the deadline. Really nice team. Great job man!

Little help here. http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=588526