jfazz23

James Kaprielian - SP NYY

This guy is being largely forgotten by every outlet besides Klaw (#56)

I get the inherit risks with him, but man, if his stuff returns we are looking at a FoR starter in a great ballpark.

I doubt OAK will waste a ton of bullets in the minors once he gets his legs back under him too.

I don't know if it is necessarily forgotten about more so than it being difficult to evaluate and grade him as a Top 100 over some of the other players on the list until he returns and shows he is healthy after TJ. Braxton Garrett is another name not being thrown in the Top 100 by most and I understand it. You have both the concern of velocity decrease along with the necessary time to establish a feel for your off-speed pitches again. I still like Kaprielian and have him scouted in a deeper dynasty league, but there are plenty of great arms without those concerns to put in the rankings.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lone Marlins Fan said:

I don't know if it is necessarily forgotten about more so than it being difficult to evaluate and grade him as a Top 100 over some of the other players on the list until he returns and shows he is healthy after TJ. Braxton Garrett is another name not being thrown in the Top 100 by most and I understand it. You have both the concern of velocity decrease along with the necessary time to establish a feel for your off-speed pitches again. I still like Kaprielian and have him scouted in a deeper dynasty league, but there are plenty of great arms without those concerns to put in the rankings.

Yeah totally legitimate.

I just don't ding TJ guys like I used to. In this case, give me a guy with big weapons and a #1 ceiling over the 'safer' arms in the middle to backend of the lists.

I just see a nice buy opp in dynasty leagues before he shows he's back, these are low risk investments that can reap big gains.

• Like 1

And his shoulder is barking. Man, was hoping for a smooth TJS recovery but I guess that was overly optimistic. Hopefully not to big of setback but it's anyone's guess at this point with JK. The early reports were promising too, was back in mid 90s and showing typical great secondaries on the backfields.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Wondering if they should just transition him to the pen.  Does not sound like he is going to be durable enough to hold up to a starter's workload.

Feels like this poor dude has been living in the (shoulder/elbow centric version of the) film Groundhog Day...MRI scheduled...and I bet it's not a great outlook-again

• Like 1

I'm cutting ties with him. Can't deal with the injury bug anymore. I hope I'm wrong and gets a chance to actually pitch sometime in his career.