Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brockpapersizer

Keith Law's Great Twitter War of 2016

The guy's insufferable.

Always fun to remember that he was adamant that Paul Goldschmidt would never be more than a platoon player.

lol wow. People like that who try and make something out of clearly nothing need to examine their lives.

I stopped following Keith a few years ago. If people recall I was a pretty adamant Goldy supporter dating back to his early minor league days. Even when nobody was putting him in their top 100 lists I was still optimistic about stashing him in the minors on my keeper league team. I would ask Keith in chats about Goldy and he would write him off a mediocre talent who missed too much to make in the big leagues. After Goldy reached all star status, I (among many others) would poke at him in chats to just acknowledge what in his process went wrong to completely discard a guy who had become one of the best hitters in baseball. He refused and basically still said he was a fluke and he was still right. He's an arrogant loser in disguise of a scout.

KLaw is the king of faux outrage and political correctness. He's also as smug and condescending as they come.

In fairness, he has admitted to being wrong on Goldy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/keith-law/insider/post?id=1297

Thanks for posting. Never saw that. He fought it for awhile. ESPN must of made him try to show a hint of humility. He's the sole reason I started doing my own fantasy related prospect rankings because his system values defense so highly (which for us in fantasy doesn't do a ton except maybe give you an idea of future position etc.). Doesn't shock me he's acting like a tool again.

I really hate Twitter

Lol. The irony is that the girl referenced in CJ's original tweet was probably tweeting herself!

I'm far from a luddite, but episodes like this make me question how Twitter contributes to productivity.

Folks, this really has nothing to do with fantasy baseball, so it's being moved to the Off Topic section. Any one of you is welcome to create a new thread that focuses on Law's successes and failures as a baseball scout/analyst, but again, this story is irrelevant to baseball, much less fantasy baseball.

Feel free to continue the discussion in the OT forum, though! We could definitely use some activity there (lots of great topics, but not a whole lot of contribution).

Haha remember the old ESPN podcast with Law and Erik Karabell? That podcast made me despise both those clowns to no end. Probably the worst podcasting duo of all-time. You could call Law an a-hole and he would probably respond, "Do you have something against a-holes? They're as much a part of the human body as the brain." This knob is always looking for a reason to be offended, like a lot of people on social media.

Someone disagrees with Law and he said "Thanks for mansplaining that." Ugh...I can't take the SJWs anymore. Sounds like Law needs a safe place so no one hurts anyone's feelings.