Sign in to follow this  
absknicks

When did you join this forum?

today for the fantasy advice and bantz. is there apost limit or a time limit to when you can post in certain places?

• Like 1

According to my profile - October 7, 2008. So just over 9 years. I was a bored high schooler with a fantasy baseball league looking to talk about baseball with anyone who'd listen. I stayed because of the necessity of the daily lineup thread. The first couple years - @phatsteveo8 had mastered the art of going through beat writers blogs and pulling lineups. Twitter was just starting to catch on - and that eventually became the place to get them from. Now there are websites dedicated to collecting the lineup and weather information - which is nice. I saw the rise of twitter in the fantasy sports world and how drastically that changed not just fantasy, but sports in general. The beat writers heard but never seen became celebrities in their own right as sports took off with twitter and 24/7 TV sports coverage. I don't post as much as i use to anymore - but this place became a home to me at times. At times it was a outlet. At times it taught me how to be a better writer and debater. At times it was nothing short of a job. I'm left with fond memories though.

Just now! I’ve been lurking since before this FF season and I finally decided to join the club.

10 minutes ago!!! Been coming here for the past two years and decided I might as well start contributing something.