Tryptamine

Eloy Jimenez - OF CWS

2 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Chicago here... I added Eloy today. Local papers are calling for him, writing articles to coax the Sox hand. Word on the street sound like he's up before 7/15 If he keeps hitting the way he is. 

Any particular reason for July 15th?

7 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

Assuming it's just a safe date after Super 2. 

CWS OF has had injuries.  If I were placing bets I'd gather that guys like Abreu will be on the move.  Eloy has a decent arm still but I'm sure the FO wouldn't mind playing him at 1B/DH occasionally.

Another big fly last night for Eloy.  Anyone local to Chicago with their ear to the ground on this one?  I'd have to assume the newspapers and radio talking heads are clamoring for him.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:35 PM, Dahk said:

Another big fly last night for Eloy.  Anyone local to Chicago with their ear to the ground on this one?  I'd have to assume the newspapers and radio talking heads are clamoring for him.

All the beat writers and local talk show hosts are calling for Eloy to get the call, it's only a matter of time. Cubs play at Sox in September but I feel he'll be up some time in July. I'll wait on this kid and Vlad as long as I have to. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, daethfromabove1979 said:

How is this guy not either promoted to AAA or the Show? Ridiculous stats in AA so far.

Same reason Vlad wasn’t yet. If you bring him to AAA and he keeps raking, pressure will mount that he’s ready. If you keep him in AA you can claim it’s for some specific developmental purpose. 

Picked him up.  Bench is now all milb and DL players but really didn't want to miss while I'm offline most of vacation.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Picked him up.  Bench is now all milb and DL players but really didn't want to miss while I'm offline most of vacation.

Took the plunge and added Eloy too (via dropping Soroka).  A power hitting Outfielder is at the top of my needs list.

If Eloy is promoted soon he could be an absolute monster considering his home park and the terrible division he plays in. I'm assuming Tucker is more likely for a promotion though, since Houston is fighting for a divisional crown and could use another bat.  So if Tucker is promoted first I'll probably add him by dropping Eloy.

21 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

Took the plunge and added Eloy too (via dropping Soroka).  A power hitting Outfielder is at the top of my needs list.

If Eloy is promoted soon he could be an absolute monster considering his home park and the terrible division he plays in. I'm assuming Tucker is more likely for a promotion though, since Houston is fighting for a divisional crown and could use another bat.  So if Tucker is promoted first I'll probably add him by dropping Eloy.

Tucker will likely be first. 

I need the power and average in my OF in a major way.  This kid could be another Big Hurt next year.  Get him to the Show!!!

6 hours ago, STLSU said:

Tucker will likely be first. 

I need the power and average in my OF in a major way.  This kid could be another Big Hurt next year.  Get him to the Show!!!

How recently did you pick Eloy up?  I'm hoping for a promotion by early July.  That way I can get about one month of Eloy prior to the fantasy playoffs.

I'll give the Sox a lot of credit if they promote Eloy this year.  If they do that they're clearly basing promotions based on merit and not service time.  If I were a Sox fan I'd be irritated.  But as a fantasy player that sort of move is very commendable. 

6 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

How recently did you pick Eloy up?  I'm hoping for a promotion by early July.  That way I can get about one month of Eloy prior to the fantasy playoffs.

I'll give the Sox a lot of credit if they promote Eloy this year.  If they do that they're clearly basing promotions based on merit and not service time.  If I were a Sox fan I'd be irritated.  But as a fantasy player that sort of move is very commendable. 

Back on May 27.  My OF has been horrific aside from spurts from Schwarber.  I'm hoping he becomes keeper worthy.  It will be imperative for me to qualify for the postseason.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:20 AM, Magnus88 said:

I don't think so..

Woth vlad jr now on DL,  is EJ the best prospect that has a chance to get called up this year?

Edited by Elviplatinum

On 6/3/2018 at 8:24 AM, Sine_cera said:

Is your take around June 16th this Patrick Nolan believes Eloy & Micheal will be in Chicago or earlier? That date is two weeks .

I am trying to gauge if I should add Eloy now

I see this tweet posted on reddit

Let's hope that stop in Charlotte lasts only a week or so. He's clearly ML ready. With the juicy baseball and his home park, I think you can pencil him in for a homer every 5 games the moment he gets the call. 

The excitement is building around Chicago for this guy and he was traded to them by the Cubs. You know damn well that Sox will want to stick as many L's to the Cubs they can in September at the cell. 

If Quintana gets a start on the road against this kid and he takes Q deep, Chicago might boil over. 

Mark my words, unless he tanks for his "pit stop" at AAA, he'll he up by 7/15. 

The Sox are gonna sell at the deadline to add more talent, even less than the 12-14k they currently average in attendance will show up once it's the dog days. 

With Vlad on the shelf for 4-6 weeks, this is the best piece to hold now imo. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

The excitement is building around Chicago for this guy and he was traded to them by the Cubs. You know damn well that Sox will want to stick as many L's to the Cubs they can in September at the cell. 

If Quintana gets a start on the road against this kid and he takes Q deep, Chicago might boil over. 

Mark my words, unless he tanks for his "pit stop" at AAA, he'll he up by 7/15. 

The Sox are gonna sell at the deadline to add more talent, even less than the 12-14k they currently average in attendance will show up once it's the dog days. 

With Vlad on the shelf for 4-6 weeks, this is the best piece to hold now imo. 

This is the funny part about Sox fans - a VERY large swath of them would rather this happen than watch their own team win (the Cubs losing vs. their very own team winning).  It's a very very odd thing that I'll never grasp.

Jimenez is going to be a very good player - control of his bat, power and a nice glove.  

41 minutes ago, AHF said:

Is he still in AA?  If so, eta on AAA move?

Given that the AA All Star game is scheduled for this coming Tuesday (06/19), I'd consider his AAA eta to be anywhere from 06/20 to "imminent".

4 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

This is the funny part about Sox fans - a VERY large swath of them would rather this happen than watch their own team win (the Cubs losing vs. their very own team winning).  It's a very very odd thing that I'll never grasp.

Jimenez is going to be a very good player - control of his bat, power and a nice glove.  

I lived in Chicago most of my life and saw the very opposite of what you were describing. Cubs fans (and beat reporters) were so openly salty about 2005. Meanwhile in 2016 many Sox fans I know were rooting for the Cubs.

I honestly don't think the average fan cares all that much about the other team. It's more of a media rivalry than anything. Sox fans hate the Tribe and Tigers more than the Cubs; Cubs fans hate the Cards more than the Sox. 

Also, why would you want the Sox to win if you're a fan? It messes up the tank! Play well and lose is what you hope for. 

Eloy reminds Big Hurt of Vladdy

He didn't want to be self effacing but he probably reminds him of himself.  Elite BB/K rates in his prime, high average and barrelling/hard contact rates, low chase rates . . .