Tryptamine

Eloy Jimenez - OF CWS

7 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Eloy isn't really similar to either Hurt or Vladdy. The very easy comp is Stanton IMO.

Thought he profiled with less power and more contact than Stanton’s league best power and high k%.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AHF said:

Thought he profiled with less power and more contact than Stanton’s league best power and high k%.

Stanton doesn't have the best power in the league. Judge does. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 5:40 AM, AHF said:

Eloy has 80 grade raw power. It's a question of whether or not he taps into it completely or not. He'll strike out and walk a little less than Stanton, but I think it's probably the best comp, fantasy wise. I guess Nelson Cruz is another one that makes sense. I see Eloy as a consistent .265-.290/40 HR corner OF in his prime. 

One thing he does have in common with Thomas and Vlad is the sound of the ball coming off the bat when he squares it up. That crack that you can hear from two blocks away. 

13 minutes ago, bigge2win said:

Now, the question is how long they’ll keep him down in AAA.

About the same amount of time as Vlad Guerrero Jr and Peter Alonso.

I dunno.  His minor league walk rates aren't all that great tbh.  That usually indicates the chance to be exploited in MLB.  Just sayin'. 

His K-rate is solid though and his OBP has remained in the .370-380 range each of the past three seasons. His pitch recognition skills seem just fine to me to go along with elite bat speed and I've seen 50-60 grades on his hit tool from multiple sources. I'm definitely in.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, floppy said:

anyone thinking hes up relatively soon?

James Anderson from rotowire does not think so... he says next year in April 

after reading that info ... I am thinking I should drop Eloy, wasting a valuable roster spot 

Edited by shakestreet

The injury may be minor but I feel like this has put a serious dent into possible his call up.

He's hit 4 doubles and an oppo taco last night, 5-15 overall in the 3 games since his return to the Charlotte lineup.  So there's that at least.

• Like 2

3-3 today (so far)with 2 more HR and a double.  5 HR in 18 games for Charlotte.  Average now in the .310-.315 range.  This must be why he grades himself a 10 offensively (6/7 defensively)  .  . .

• Like 2

Was pulled from today's game after 1 ab.  Anyone have info? 

Never mind.  Had day off then PH and then got PR for.  No injury.

Edited by billofwa