Tryptamine

Eloy Jimenez - OF CWS

54 minutes ago, BackyardBaseball said:

He was added to the 40-man roster, he’ll be there at some point this year at least

Yeah that's huge right?  The adding to the 40 man roster.  What other reason to do it?

31 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Yeah that's huge right?  The adding to the 40 man roster.  What other reason to do it?

He was already on it - they added him to the 40 man in November to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MireLurker said:

Only slashing .387/.431/.698 in 28 games in AAA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bum. Hopefully they can wake up his bat. lol

He said "CLOSE" to being ready. He aint ready yet, needs to master kung fu first.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, David Aames said:

scratched from the lineup hmmmm ....where is the its happening GIF??

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but looks like he's ill:

53 minutes ago, benturn22 said:

They really called up Ryan Lamarre instead of Eloy today...LOL.

Seriously, thats like if they called you or me up....

• Like 1

He missed yesterday's game with flulike symptoms, so maybe they don't want him to have to make his debut while he's ill?

14 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Seriously, thats like if they called you or me up....

Tells you all you need to know about this “really close” call up.  Blowing smoke.

1 minute ago, DemOrioles said:

Tells you all you need to know about this “really close” call up.  Blowing smoke.

Elloy is close though.  The White Sox pretty much would have to call him up in September when rosters expand.  I have a feeling he gets the call right before rosters expand.  

2 hours ago, Caelum said:

He missed yesterday's game with flulike symptoms, so maybe they don't want him to have to make his debut while he's ill?

Nah they'll probably call him up August 17th for next week's homestand to make sure the super 2 passes 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Komfy said:

Nah they'll probably call him up August 17th for next week's homestand to make sure the super 2 passes 

???

Hoping he comes sooner than later. I could see him being productive down the stretch. Abreu and Avisail have hit better lately, they have some other scrappy bats in the lineup, maybe Eloy in the lineup will give Moncada a boost to be a bit more consistent. 

Flu, weather, etc.....Can't stop Eloy. Only a matter of time.

Jimenez (illness) went 1-for-2 with a solo homer before Wednesday's game against Triple-A Syracuse was suspended due to inclement weather.Jimenez, who hadn't played since Saturday due to an illness, made a splash in his first game back, swatting his ninth homer of the season for the Knights -- and his fourth in the last nine games. The 21-year-old phenom is now hitting a healthy .378 in 30 games since being promoted to Triple-A and is inching closer to earning a promotion to the majors.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Z06vette said:

Flu, weather, etc.....Can't stop Eloy.

rick hahn can stop eloy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sleepysock said:

You know it's got to be a mess for conflicting feelings for Hahn whenever Eloy has a good game. 

Someone has to play bad cop.  Williams has the good cop role to play.  Ultimately will be Jerry Reinsdorf's call though.  I always felt like he was a fair and equitable owner, which is why he has cultivated great player relationships from Michael Jordan to those of today.