Tryptamine

Eloy Jimenez - OF CWS

9 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

rick hahn can stop eloy.

You got me. :( For now, anyway.....:)

14 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Not sure what his hot/cold zones look like, but if he can crank a HR where that pitch was located, he's looking scary good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Not sure what his hot/cold zones look like, but if he can crank a HR where that pitch was located, he's looking scary good. 

Colin Moran scoffs at that HR.  "That's nothing.  I hit one out that was above my beard"  ;)

Edited by KilloWertz

No way he makes it out of top 100 in redrafts.

On 8/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, street sharks said:

Is this not happening until september? It's getting a bit ridiculous

looking that way :(

Levine thought he would come up this week.  He was wromg, shocker, but he may be onto something.

Edited by STLSU
Typo

If Eloy and Kopech come up, my guess is they'll come up together, so I would take a look at all future scheduled starts for Kopech as the possible dates it could happen before September (if it's going to happen at all).

On 8/6/2018 at 9:33 PM, cs3 said:

???

On 8/6/2018 at 1:21 PM, Komfy said:

Nah they'll probably call him up August 17th for next week's homestand to make sure the super 2 passes 

anything to this?

1 hour ago, OaksterDan said:

I thought the Super 2 passed about two months ago?

My bet is it was sarcasm...Can be difficult to read/comprehend on chat forums at times.

• Thanks 1

Assuming he was joking, but if not, the Super 2 cutoff is always sometime around late May/early June. It passed a long time ago for 2018.

The exact date changes every year because its based on the number of days on the big league roster that all players in that class have accumulated, and rewards those who are in the top 22% of service time. Basically it gives those guys who qualify 2 years at the league minimum and 4 years of Arbitration, rather than 3 years of league minimum and 3 years of Arb. An extra year of arbitration can be worth anywhere from a ~million to 10+ millon dollars.

Super Two status effectively rewards those prospects who log the most big league active roster time during their first year up. In fact, the top 22% of service time earners land Super Two status, which effectively means they get to be arbitration eligible after finishing their second full year of service time - meaning they get four years of arb-eligible raises instead of the standard three years.

Unlike the ‘year of service time’ deadline - which was fixed at April 13th - there is no fixed deadline for Super Two status, as it all depends on which players get called up league-wide, and when. It isn’t determined until after the season, either, so teams don’t even get the extra few months of future payroll preparation after calling up their top guys. Usually, though, the cutoff is around the beginning of June

https://www.redreporter.com/2018/4/17/17247756/cincinnati-reds-links-nick-senzel-rumors-super-two

Anyone and everyone can play in September without affecting any team control whatsoever right? If thats the case,we may as well stop pressing our noses against the glass and go home until Christmas in 2 weeks. 

33 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Anyone and everyone can play in September without affecting any team control whatsoever right? If thats the case,we may as well stop pressing our noses against the glass and go home until Christmas in 2 weeks. 

Not sure why this keeps getting posted but September call ups absolutely do accrue service time: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.royalsreview.com/platform/amp/2016/9/1/12704152/what-you-need-to-know-about-september-callups

It’s for that reason that I personally weigh the odds at less than 50 percent that Eloy gets called up at all this year. I think Eloy, Vlad Jr, and Peter Alonso are all getting the Kris Bryant treatment, which really needs to change for the good of the game.

• Like 3

I feel bad for white sox fans holding a player back like this.  This dude should be no where near a minor league park, nothing minor about him.

I'm 100% sure whitesox fans want to keep paying to watch Palka and Engel play

Edited by Elviplatinum

I just dropped him in my weekly lock - it's almost playoff time - I hope my typical luck benefits you all and he's called up by the end of the week!

So - obviously - based on Eloy & Vlad right now - Merchandise & ticket sales don't get the financial bump compared to the salary and control savings a team could reap

5 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

I just dropped him in my weekly lock - it's almost playoff time - I hope my typical luck benefits you all and he's called up by the end of the week!

So - obviously - based on Eloy & Vlad right now - Merchandise & ticket sales don't get the financial bump compared to the salary and control savings a team could reap

"So - obviously - based on Eloy & Vlad right now - Merchandise & ticket sales don't get the financial bump compared to the salary and control savings a team could reap"

Has to be it.

46 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

Don't forget the merch and ticket sales during the extra season of team control as well. I firmly believe the service time issue will be resolved in the next CBA, but until then it's going to be business as usual for most clubs barring rare exceptions like Juan Soto.

1 hour ago, Elviplatinum said:

I feel bad for white sox fans holding a player back like this.  This dude should be no where near a minor league park, nothing minor about him.

I'm 100% sure whitesox fans want to keep paying to watch Palka and Engel play

Palka's smashes and Engels acrobatics in centerfield make them two of the more exciting players on the team. 

I just realized how sad that statement is. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jahweedum said:

How many home games do the White Sox and Jays have remaining? 20-25? Easy decision to keep those guys down and not focus on possible ticket sales.

Here's a pretty little picture to help pass the time away into 2019...

• Like 2

Best/notable AAA wRC+ from players aged 21 or younger with a minimum of 130 PAs since Fangraphs has data:

Eloy Jimenez 196 – 2018
Travis Snider 186 – 2009
Melky Cabrera 180 – 2006
Jay Bruce 170 – 2008
Matt Kemp 164 - 2006
Brett Lawrie 163 – 2011
Ronald Acuna 162 – 2017 * 19
Mookie Betts 158 – 2014
Anthony Rizzo 152 – 2011
Adam Jones 144 - 2007
Freddie Freeman 141 – 2010 *20
Wil Myers 137 - 2012
Xander Bogaerts 133 -2013 * 20
Kyle Tucker 130 – 2018
Nick Castellanos 121 - 2013
Jake Bauers 120 – 2017
Jose Ramirez 119 - 2014
Francisco Lindor 118 -2015
Andrew McCutchen 115 - 2008
Austin Meadows 113 - 2016
Ozzie Albies 112 - 2017
Luis Urias 111 – 2018
Javier Baez 108 - 2014
Corey Seager 106 - 2015

Note that there are some guys in between Freddie Freeman and Seager on the list that didn't work out in the bigs and so I didn't include them. Just wanted to show some interesting names towards the bottom of the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2