Tryptamine

Eloy Jimenez - OF CWS

24 minutes ago, garlando said:

Best/notable AAA wRC+ from players aged 21 or younger with a minimum of 130 PAs since Fangraphs has data:

That's pretty crazy, most of those players panned out well if not becoming full blown super stars, with others on their way. To sit atop that list is impressive. Really wish he'd get a cup in the bigs, be nice hearing some, "you can put it on the board yes" this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonywow said:

That's pretty crazy, most of those players panned out well if not becoming full blown super stars, with others on their way. To sit atop that list is impressive. Really wish he'd get a cup in the bigs, be nice hearing some, "you can put it on the board yes" this year.

That's an interesting point. Hawk won't have a chance to call an Eloy HR unless they bring him up this season. 

• Like 1

It would now be an incredibly bad move by the White Sox to bring him or Kopech up. They've waited too long and now it is much better for them to get the extra year of service. I've dropped in all leagues (redraft).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

It would now be an incredibly bad move by the White Sox to bring him or Kopech up. They've waited too long and now it is much better for them to get the extra year of service. I've dropped in all leagues (redraft).

How does that make sense.

The White Sox have been out of the playoff picture since basically May. He obviously shouldve been in the big leagues already, but given that hes not, how can it be too late now?

Actually Getz said "very close."  not his call though.

1 hour ago, David Aames said:

so what happened to " he is close" to being called up?? What was that statement all about???

There's no incentive for the White Sox to call Jimenez up before September.

I remember the “add him now” blurbs in June because he was going to be called up “within days.”  In a 12 or less re draft,I’d get rid of him and use that spot for a few extra saves or streamers.  Even in the unlikely event that he gets called up,it’s more likely he’ll be Kyle tucker than Juan Soto (ros.).

4 hours ago, steve9347 said:

There's no incentive for the White Sox to call Jimenez up before September.

The only real incentive they have to call him up in September as opposed to now is that in order to call him up now they'd need to create a spot for him on the 25 man active roster whereas you're allowed to use the extended 40 man roster (which Eloy is already on) as of September 1st. He'll begin accruing service time whether he's called up now or in September, so to me, if the 25 man active roster is the only issue at play, there's not much incentive to avoid calling him up now.

Make no mistake, this is about service time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Elviplatinum said:

Kopech up,  Eloy next?

It's kinda funny Kopech gets the call before Eloy.... Eloy been ready left with nothing to prove in the minors longer than Kopech.

On 8/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, CrypTviLL said:

Feel bad for you lol Clearly thinking from an Organization's POV is not your strength

Eloy will be up in 2018 as well

Edited by terminator10

1 minute ago, Sine_cera said:

I bet he's a regular on these forums, likes to get a rise out of everyone here lol. Hopefully the kid gets a call while we're still in August, that would be great.

On 8/14/2018 at 5:53 PM, CrypTviLL said:

Its the opposite, from the oraganization POV, it would be stupid not to call them up in 2018..the fan base needs something to look forward to in 2019, and the best way to do that is to give them a taste first.  Enough that will have the fans talking about it through the winter...its called Hype, and it sells.

14 minutes ago, Elviplatinum said:

Its the opposite, from the oraganization POV, it would be stupid not to call them up in 2018..the fan base needs something to look forward to in 2019, and the best way to do that is to give them a taste first.  Enough that will have the fans talking about it through the winter...its called Hype, and it sells.

Not saying he will if called up early but what happens to the hype if he just doesn't have a good September?  Or is any type of hype good?

9 hours ago, Elviplatinum said:

That makes sense. I don't think the White Sox have ever had so few season ticket holders. The promise of an exciting 2019 can be dangled in front of the fans by Eloy mashing some taters and Kopech throwing 100 bullets for 6 weeks. 

14 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/white-sox-keeping-eloy-jimenez-in-minors/c-291141818

...seems as though he was saying it loosely, unfortunately. 

That's not too encouraging heh, at least for a call up pre September. At this point whatever happens, happens. Seems like he took a detour around the service time question which I guess is to be expected.

Edited by tonywow

Hahn will probably come up with "well we wanted to bring him in on the next homestand" which starts on the Thursday the 30th.  And of course some minimum number of games played at AAA.

they going to wait till next year to have that year of control extra sucks but thats how terrible this system is, its not about whether player deserves it.

1 hour ago, DJSatane said:

they going to wait till next year to have that year of control extra sucks but thats how terrible this system is, its not about whether player deserves it.

This is unless Eloy pulls a Kopech and starts posting angry face emojis on Instagram. One can hope. 

• Haha 1