Tryptamine

Eloy Jimenez - OF CWS

2 hours ago, JohnR said:

4 for 5 today

average up to .360 in AAA, .337 overall

awww needed 5 for 5 to be called up, darn!

• Haha 2

Guys get ready for the homestand, sept 30th vs the redsox.  Ya'll heard it here!

Guy is hitting .360,  its only a matter of time before whitesox players start turning their Jerseys in like In "Rudy" 

Edited by Elviplatinum
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Elviplatinum said:

Guys get ready for the homestand, sept 30th vs the redsox.  Ya'll heard it here!

Guy is hitting .360,  its only a matter of time before whitesox players start turning their Jerseys in like In "Rudy" 

I want so badly for a Kopech vs Sale matchup during that series. Same with Eloy vs Quintana when they face the Cubs. 

16 hours ago, DJSatane said:

awww needed 5 for 5 to be called up, darn!

I think you meant 6 for 5...it's the only way!

With the announcements twice now that Eloy is close to coming up, we all expecting a call up the day before or on September 1st ?

Would seem a bit odd after mentioning twice he is close, to not have him come up now. 

• Like 1

Hitting .621 over his last 7 games. 

But not a single dinger. He's turning into a fatter Ichiro, obviously, and we can't have that. Keep him in AAA until he starts putting the ball over the wall again. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tonywow said:

With the announcements twice now that Eloy is close to coming up, we all expecting a call up the day before or on September 1st ?

Would seem a bit odd after mentioning twice he is close, to not have him come up now. 

there are new announcements???

1 hour ago, David Aames said:

there are new announcements???

Not that I know of, just the ones they made weeks ago stating he was really close but nothing since. I wish there was new update on a call up, but crickets lately.

Also I wish they had called him up earlier when Abreu was still in the lineup. Would be nice to have seen what kind of damage they could do together.

On 27-8-2018 at 6:20 PM, tonywow said:

I would be absolutely shocked if they called him up. 

• Like 1

White Sox should just come out and say "WE ARE NOT CALLING HIM UP TILL NEXT YEAR" to end this rumor swill bs

6 hours ago, Elviplatinum said:

He's going to have a fantastic minor league career. HOF  In the next 7-8 years in AAA.

Crash Davis - minor league HR record.

It's SO hard to predict whether this guy will be up with the big league team in the next few days or so.

On one hand, you know the team would have liked to keep him down for financial reasons. However, he just keeps hitting like a machine and bringing him up could be exactly what the W'Sox need to keep their amazing momentum going at the end of the season here. Especially, if they plan on marketing the team to high profile FA's like Harper/Machado.

I've already started to get back on the train here and picked him up in some 8 leagues or so (I'm in 56). I'm highly debating just picking him up in all my leagues to avoid the luck of the draw in the next few days/couple weeks. 

I just don't see how they keep him down if the minor league season ends. There's no one really blocking him on the big club and the recent Kopech call up has rejuvenated this team. 

41 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

It's SO hard to predict whether this guy will be up with the big league team in the next few days or so.

On one hand, you know the team would have liked to keep him down for financial reasons. However, he just keeps hitting like a machine and bringing him up could be exactly what the W'Sox need to keep their amazing momentum going at the end of the season here. Especially, if they plan on marketing the team to high profile FA's like Harper/Machado.

I've already started to get back on the train here and picked him up in some 8 leagues or so (I'm in 56). I'm highly debating just picking him up in all my leagues to avoid the luck of the draw in the next few days/couple weeks. 

I just don't see how they keep him down if the minor league season ends. There's no one really blocking him on the big club and the recent Kopech call up has rejuvenated this team. 

not sure if serious.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

And maybe more importantly, they need to market the team to season ticket holders/buyers to improve their putrid attendance. They've won 10 of 14 and if they finish strong in September with Kopech and Eloy doin' thangs, they can market them as a potential young and exciting playoff team/the Braves of the AL. 

• Like 2

I'd try and argue team control - but the White Sox should open next year as wild card hopefuls if they try.  They should just assume Eloy is going to make the opening day roster and go for it.  

It's not like Toronto where they have both the Yankees & Red Sox to deal with in order to be competitive next year

3 hours ago, tucker26 said:

Stop rationalizing people. He’s not coming until June next year at this point. 

The second week of April 

10 hours ago, jahweedum said:

I'd try and argue team control - but the White Sox should open next year as wild card hopefuls if they try.  They should just assume Eloy is going to make the opening day roster and go for it.  

It's not like Toronto where they have both the Yankees & Red Sox to deal with in order to be competitive next year

I agree with this. As bad as the central is there's no reason the White Sox can't be in the wild card mix next year.  They shouldn't be waiting until June to call up Eloy. They have the talent. Go for it.