Tryptamine

Eloy Jimenez - OF CWS

Just now, daynlokki said:

What I do know is you usually don't worry about service time when you know you are about to sign him to an extension.  They have to know how close they are considering it's a negotiation. 

As you noted, we don't know everything they know. Perhaps negotiations were at a stalemate and they were using his being optioned as a negotiating tool... or maybe the schedule of AAA games was more favorable... or whatever.

At the end of the day, they optioned him. If they suddenly reverse that decision after signing the extension, I assume you'll concede that Eloy didn't just "figure it out" over the last few days. So let's see what we see over the next week.....

There's a huge difference between "sending someone down", and "reassigning" them during spring training, Eloy was reassigned, not sent down....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oswald737 said:

As you noted, we don't know everything they know. Perhaps negotiations were at a stalemate and they were using his being optioned as a negotiating tool... or maybe the schedule of AAA games was more favorable... or whatever.

At the end of the day, they optioned him. If they suddenly reverse that decision after signing the extension, I assume you'll concede that Eloy didn't just "figure it out" over the last few days. So let's see what we see over the next week.....

Exactly my point. I'm confused as to why my saying that has caused such an uproar with some on here.

20 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Exactly my point. I'm confused as to why my saying that has caused such an uproar with some on here.

As people have said, being sent to minor league camp /= being optioned.  I mean, the only reason he was automatically on his team for spring training was because he was on the 40 man, and it's not like he played much.  Like 4 games maybe?

Posted (edited)

Lol, so on one hand we are supposed to believe that maybe CHW thought all along he wasn't ready and also believe signing him to the extension was for the fun of it! Further the ONLY reason he was in camp was not because he's amazing but merely because he's on the 40 man. Let's just keep rolling with this nonsense lawyering and say MLB and CHW are working together to make a point that it was never service time related! COLLUSION! Let's assume whatever fits our arguments to be facts...🙄

Edited by tucker26

Posted (edited)

Just saying the majority here know Eloy is ready and has been since last year, regardless of what the white sox are doing currently. Trying to spin it another way is silly. Even if in fact the white sox are that clueless (which they aren't). 

Edited by tucker26
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tucker26 said:

Lol, so on one hand we are supposed to believe that maybe CHW thought all along he wasn't ready and also believe signing him to the extension was for the fun of it! Further the ONLY reason he was in camp was not because he's amazing but merely because he's on the 40 man. Let's just keep rolling with this nonsense lawyering and say MLB and CHW are working together to make a point that it was never service time related! COLLUSION! Let's assume whatever fits our arguments to be facts...🙄

Your post makes no sense.  They reassigned him to minors camp after 9 total plate appearances.  He didn't get a full spring training even.  Then signed him to an extension days later, which they had to have been working on and knew it was close to completion.  I hate the conspiracy theories that are now touted as fact constantly nowadays.  People always automatically assume the worst in situations like this.  If he has things to work on, I'd assume he'd stay down.  If he doesn't, I'd assume he would be up with the big league club.  I mean, they bought out all his ARB years plus have 2 options for FA years.  Service time literally means nothing now, they pay him the same whether he's on the White Sox or playing in single A.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tucker26 said:

Just saying the majority here know Eloy is ready and has been since last year, regardless of what the white sox are doing currently. Trying to spin it another way is silly. Even if in fact the white sox are that clueless (which they aren't). 

Saying a player is ready when all you see is stats from less than 300 ABs is nonsense.  He could be ready... or he could have a major mechanical flaw and got extremely lucky on balls in play.  It's a damn small sample size in AAA.  Most people here I'd assume aren't in the inner workings of the White Sox organization, nor do they understand the actual development of a player.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Saying a player is ready when all you see is stats from less than 300 ABs is nonsense.  He could be ready... or he could have a major mechanical flaw and got extremely lucky on balls in play.  It's a damn small sample size in AAA.  Most people here I'd assume aren't in the inner workings of the White Sox organization, nor do they understand the actual development of a player.

So just to clarify, because CWS have reassigned Eloy, you think he is not ready?

5 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

So just to clarify, because CWS have reassigned Eloy, you think he is not ready?

I think that to assume he is ready after less than 300 AAA at bats and only 9 spring training at bats will lead you to failure more often then not.  

Hey look, Eloy is playing with the big club today after they announce his extension:

(Yes, I know he can still do that from minor league camp, but I think this is an indicator)

Oh, and his locker has been returned to the big club facility:

But officially:

I have re-opened the thread to allow discussions of the player as we get close to opening day. At this point, any additional discussion of service time manipulation will viewed as de-railing and be accompanied by the appropriate moderator action. We can all collectively move on...

• Thanks 1

nice game today as he went 3 for 3 with a HR and a walk

4 hours ago, jb_power said:

nice game today as he went 3 for 3 with a HR and a walk

The lengthy reassignment really worked wonders for him. Like the light turned on suddenly 🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

I read that the GM hinted to a Chicago beat writer that he expects Eloy to break camp on opening day roster, and they cleared a spot when they optioned Nicky Delmonico to AAA. Just a matter of time boys 😎

Edited by Redsfan34

I just do not see how Eloy does not earn $15 at the very least this year, that is floor and missing 2-3 weeks

13 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

I just do not see how Eloy does not earn $15 at the very least this year, that is floor and missing 2-3 weeks

Are you thinking out loud?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ramox15 said:

Do we have any news about starting in the big leagues?

No, but I'd treat him as if he is.

For what it’s worth... Roster Resource has him listed on the active MLB roster and batting 6th in the projected opening day lineup.

• Thanks 1