Tryptamine

Eloy Jimenez - OF CWS

1 hour ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Better than Judge and Stanton? Or about the same? Lesser?

For me the guy with the most power in the game is probably Sano. Then after Sano you start getting into the Stanton's,Chris Davis,,Judge category. That's where I would put Eloy for now, but he's still 20. There was a video of him putting a Javy Baez swing on a ball, instead of his usual smooth swing. It was ridiculous as if he was on a little league field. The ball was still  50+ feet in the air as it was carrying the outfield wall. Would love to have gotten an exit velocity on that one.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 1:52 PM, Dark Kn19ht said:

Better than Judge and Stanton? Or about the same? Lesser?

Shew...it's hard to make those comparisons. He's a little shorter than those guys but I think he's in that sort of category when discussing physicality.

How does his outlook change in a points league? Love the power, obviously, but will Ks keep him from the heights that have been forecasted in this thread?

He's not a high K% guy. 15.9K% for a guy with his power is  remarkably low.

Traded to White Sox for Quintana!

EDIT Looks like they included Cease, Matt Rose and Bryant Flete as well. Nice move for the Sox.

Edited by Solar
  • Like 1

Acquired by CHW in Quintana deal. Obviously has an easier path to the big leagues... though the ChiSox have shown no rush to expediate a rebuild (as evidenced by Moncada still in AAA).

Holy mackeral!!  White Sox absolutely raped the Cubs on this.   Getting Jimenez AND Cease??

Edited by tm30
  • Like 6

Eloy Jimenez being the minors player with arguably the most raw power, you can't help but get excited at the thought of him playing half his home games at Guaranteed Rate Field (awful name btw) in the future with its HR tendencies. 

Edited by garlando
  • Like 1

SONOFAB***************

owned Jimenez in my NL only dynasty ... he gone

• Like 5

Benefit of having such a young team, Cubs can afford to give up such a haul if they need to trade.

The curse is that teams will require a bigger haul when they know they can get away with it.

• Like 1

Benefit of having such a young team, Cubs can afford to give up such a haul if they need to trade.

The curse is that teams will require a bigger haul when they know they can get away with it.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jb_power said:

SONOFAB***************

Sorry but that should be a lesson to you.  Play in the real major leagues, not one league only leagues.  The days of even thinking about separate leagues are long gone.

Love what the White Sox are doing.  Cubs got a middle of the rotation guy who is NOT even pitching like that this season.  Very iffy get for them while giving up someone who could be the next Judge or Sano.  And Dylan Cease too.  Wow the White Sox are loaded.  They can both grow their own and have extra chips to trade with as well in their farm system now.

And sorry Theo but I don't see Quintana leading you back to the promised land this season or any other season either.  He is fast becoming an end of the rotation guy.  There is a new top front office guy in Chicago after this trade and his name isn't Theo.

I grant you the Cubs needed pitching but this offer should have gotten you Archer at the very least.   Of course no way TB was trading anyone being in contention themselves and Theo was looking around and panicking and the White Sox happily played on his desperation.  Well played, Pale Hose, well played.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Sorry but that should be a lesson to you.  Play in the real major leagues, not one league only leagues.  The days of even thinking about separate leagues are long gone.

Play in leagues where you have to lie to your boss about checking your phone for fake updates on your grandma because you have a notification service the rest of your league doesn't have so you can be the first to the wire to get someone.  That's clearly better and more skillful. :rolleyes:

I think Only leagues are personally better as redrafts for this reason (or very short term keepers). And of course you should be allowed to keep a guy for the rest of the season if he transfers leagues (leagues that dont allow that are kind of bad).  Only leagues are a lot of fun if you like to get super deep and deal with value in players that would never sniff a mixed league.  I don't like Only leagues better than Mixed, but I do find them fun.  I also think if you only have like 10 people and want it to be a deep league, that Only is a viable route.

Sorry for your loss @jb_power, but that is the downside.  

Eloy having DH as a fall back is pretty nice for his value I guess. Park difference isn't too different. White Sox will have a pretty good lineup in a few years.

Edited by brockpapersizer

30 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Seriously?  GTFOH!

I play in an AL only dynasty, a NL only dynasty and a mixed dynasty.

They are all different and present their own challenges.  

My apologies for not conforming to your preference.

• Like 1

As a Sox fan and Cubs hater this makes me very excited....the future looks brighter but when I look at Jimenez all I see is Jorge Soler. 

I was just relieved the trade had no impact on my Chicago-Only dynasty league.

• Like 9

Trade deadline season.  Where the MODS earn their non-pay changing player thread headers to the right team all over the place.  Love it.  (Congrats to the White Sox who keep on robbing the rich to give to themselves).

3 hours ago, jb_power said:

SONOFAB***************

So did you pick up Quintana?

2 hours ago, fletch44 said:

I was just relieved the trade had no impact on my Chicago-Only dynasty league.

I'd actually say his value went up in Chicago Only leagues.  There was a chance he would get traded before, now that it's out of the way I doubt he does again any time soon.

Please report to the Kannapolis intimidators. I want to see him play a few games before double a.

I really don't like this for the Cubs. 

I can understand a team like Boston trading Moncada for a top-3 pitcher like Sale... but Jimenez is a monster of a prospect, I think he could have fetched a Darvish-level pitcher. 

Don't get me wrong I like Quintana, but I feel like Eloy is deceptively close to being big league ready (mid-2018?) and would have formed an unfathomably potent offensive core with Bryant/Rizzo/Schwarber

If I were Epstein, I would have preferred to send off a mid-level prospect for a Trevor Cahill type, rather than send off a potential Giancarlo-type for Jose Quintana. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I'd actually say his value went up in Chicago Only leagues.  There was a chance he would get traded before, now that it's out of the way I doubt he does again any time soon.

Good point. I really need this guy to get called up. Dayan Viciedo is killing me in my OF3 spot.

• Like 3