Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmcc1029

What combo of keepers would you roll with ?

You owned one of the top 5 QBs in 2015, who scored 1.0 points per game more than Geno Smith, 1.2 points per game more than Blake Bortles and 1.7 points per game more than Tyrod Taylor.

See the point?

Come on.

Those guys aren't close to being able to maintain production compared to Russ.

Russ was 1st in production premium and 1st in QBR. On top of being the 2nd best running QB in the league, he was arguably the best passer in the league last year.

Agreed with your point in general. But you can't be serious with the last sentence.

I think Newton was the best passer in the league.

But Wilson was at the very least a top 5 passer last year, an argument could be made for him to be the overall dynasty/keeper QB1.

Palmer? Brady?

All good choices here.

Wilson was right there last year though.

Must keep 3, max of 5 with an option to franchise a 6th player (franchise price is avg of top 5 at the position) 5 keepers must be under $100, if I franchise a 6th then I can exceed $100. $200 total bankroll when auction starts. Full ppr with 2 flex spots.

david johnson $28

mark ingram $20

dion lewis $8

AJ green $45

Amari cooper $32

Russell wilson $15

Greg olsen $21

Karlos Williams $1

Davante parker $8

what combo would you roll with ? will help in return!

forgot that I picked up Kevin white off the wire as the season was ending, I could keep him for $1 this year and $11 the next season if he's the real deal. How's everyone feeling about white this year and long term. Is he worthy of a keeper spot at the bare miminum just to see if he hits ?

So I could go DJ $28 Ingram $20 Dion $7 Parker $8 and white $1 for a nice total of $64. At this point I'd have the option of franchising either olsen for $25 or AJ green for $54. I'm thinking those franchise prices might be a little too steep. Would anyone do that or would throwing them back into the pool and hoping to buy back at cheaper price be a better plan?

Before you said Dion was $8, not $7, but yeah, that sounds like a plan.

Before you said Dion was $8, not $7, but yeah, that sounds like a plan.

yea thought he was more I went and looked it up, that $1 gets me Kevin White :)

So I could go DJ $28 Ingram $20 Dion $7 Parker $8 and white $1 for a nice total of $64. At this point I'd have the option of franchising either olsen for $25 or AJ green for $54. I'm thinking those franchise prices might be a little too steep. Would anyone do that or would throwing them back into the pool and hoping to buy back at cheaper price be a better plan?

Looks good man. Hard to say on the TE's....but I value Olsen as the third TE off the board.

$25-$28 seems very reasonable and you're still under $90 with 6 guys locked down.

Looks good man. Hard to say on the TE's....but I value Olsen as the third TE off the board.

$25-$28 seems very reasonable and you're still under $90 with 6 guys locked down.

I don't know about his particular league, but in the three auctions I've been in so far, Olsen has gone for $17, $12 and $11.

I don't know about his particular league, but in the three auctions I've been in so far, Olsen has gone for $17, $12 and $11.

You do a lot more auctions than me...but with the top 2 TE's off the board at a $33 average and $110 FAAB remaining after keeping Olsen...it doesn't seem foolhardy to grab TE3 here at a bit of a premium.

Maybe, if "a bit of a premium" meant a couple more dollars, but spending twice as much for him as you would in the auction seems a little foolhardy.

In those same auctions where Olsen has gone for $17, $12 and $11, Gronk and Reed have gone for $41/$27 (avg $34), $41/$20 (avg $30.5) and $37/$17 (avg $27), so that $33 average you quoted for them isn't way out of whack.

Must keep 3, max of 5 with an option to franchise a 6th player (franchise price is avg of top 5 at the position) 5 keepers must be under $100, if I franchise a 6th then I can exceed $100. $200 total bankroll when auction starts. Full ppr with 2 flex spots.

david johnson $28

mark ingram $20

dion lewis $8

AJ green $45

Amari cooper $32

Russell wilson $15

Greg olsen $21

Karlos Williams $1

Davante parker $8

what combo would you roll with ? will help in return!

DJ/Ingram/Lewis/Russ/Karlos = 74 and you'll have a good stable of RB's a solid QB and plenty of money to attack WR in draft.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=593707

Maybe, if "a bit of a premium" meant a couple more dollars, but spending twice as much for him as you would in the auction seems a little foolhardy.

In those same auctions where Olsen has gone for $17, $12 and $11, Gronk and Reed have gone for $41/$27 (avg $34), $41/$20 (avg $30.5) and $37/$17 (avg $27), so that $33 average you quoted for them isn't way out of whack.

I would guess Olsen goes for around $16-$21 in my league, I know a few guys who definitely like him for obvious reasons. So idk if I should spend the $25-$27 on him to guarantee his services. We use 2 wr 2 rb and 2 flex spots so it's an advantage to load up on PPR wide outs as I can start 4. I might just save that Olsen $ and blow a huge chunk on a top ten WR. Pretty sure Dez, 1 of Antonio brown/Julio (same owner has both but will be $50 each this year) and AJ (if I throw him back) will all be available.

You guys have been great appreciate the input! New thought, I like ingram feel he's a solid value at $20 but rostering DJ, Dion and Ingram right off the bat would limit my ability maximize on our scoring systems and start 4 good wr's. I could instead go DJ $28 Dion $7 Karlos Williams $1 Parker $8 White $1 for $45. Gives me hopefully 4 weekly starters and a solid bench piece in karlos and I now have $155 to ball out at Auction. Could spend $80 on 2 stud wr's and still have $75 for QB/TE/K/D and bench.

No, it just gives you bench depth for when Dion goes on IR again.

Don't overthink it.

No, it just gives you bench depth for when Dion goes on IR again.

Don't overthink it.

Yea but I could still spend $15 on Qb $15 on TE $25 on another RB2 and have $20 left for K/D/Bench. I could buy Dez/AJ or Julio/AJ and pair with DJ/Dion/ maybe even buy ingram back or any other solid back.

Are you listening to yourself?

Why spend $25 on a RB2 when you can keep Ingram--who is currently the #9 overall RB--for $20? Who do you think you're going to get for $25 who would be an upgrade?

Unless you just really hate Ingram personally, there's no logic in it.

Why spend $25 on a RB2 when you can keep Ingram--who is currently the #9 overall RB--for $20? Who do you think you're going to get for $25 who would be an upgrade?

I don't hate him at all, the logic is having the power to own 2 of the top 5-7 wr's in a ppr heavy league along with a legit rb1 and a sound rb2 ppr back. I'll probably stick to the original plan, but I don't see why you think this is such a poor idea. This is a full ppr league with 40 plus td's bonus etc. Elite Wr's ball out.

I don't hate him at all, the logic is having the power to own 2 of the top 5-7 wr's in a ppr heavy league along with a legit rb1 and a sound rb2 ppr back. I'll probably stick to the original plan, but I don't see why you think this is such a poor idea. This is a full ppr league with 40 plus td's bonus etc. Elite Wr's ball out.

I'm saying i'd take a slight downgrade at rb2 if it meant I had 2 legit top 7 options at WR along with parker/white. I'd rather start 4 WR vs 3/3

You're still only spending like $85. There's nothing that says you can't go ahead and draft whatever stud WR you were going to draft when you wanted to spend $25 on your RB2 instead of $20 on Ingram.