Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahk

Jorge Bonifacio - OF KC

4 posts in this topic

Was surprised I couldn't find a thread for this kid. He was being fast tracked in 2013 and made it to AA as a 19 year old. Fell off the prospect radar by struggling in AA in both 2014 and 2015. He's now 22 years old and ripping up the PCL (surprise, surprise).

Current slash line of .320/.386/.562 with 8 homers, 4 steals and a .948 OPS. K rate is a bit of a concern at 27%.

He's also been mentioned as a possible impact player at the MLB this season by the GM himself:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/k-zone/article76788612.html

Obviously the numbers are inflated due to the PCL, but what are the thoughts on this kid? The Royals have some pretty big gaps in their OF.

Source: #Royals are calling up Triple-A outfielder Jorge Bonifacio. He's expected to join the team in Texas.

As judging from my post last year, I'm intrigued.  I wonder if he'll get the opportunity to carve out a role or if this is a situation where he'll be sent back down shortly a la Jesse Winker.

5 hours ago, Dahk said:

As judging from my post last year, I'm intrigued.  I wonder if he'll get the opportunity to carve out a role or if this is a situation where he'll be sent back down shortly a la Jesse Winker.

Unless they have another injury, he is just keeping the spot warm until Soler is ready.