burty1

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

I didn't see a thread on him, but he is getting pretty high praise from various sources.

What do we know about him?

Edited by The Harsh
Please include the player's position(s) and ML organization in the title. Thanks!

BP mainly is what I've read. But multiple chats address him, and several of those guys are really high on him.

I mentioned him in the sleeper thread. Fully expect him to be on some top 100 lists after this year.

• Like 1

He's been on the DL almost 3 weeks with a wrist or hand injury, I believe. Anyone know when he's expected back?

He's been on the DL almost 3 weeks with a wrist or hand injury, I believe. Anyone know when he's expected back?

Any update on this guy?

Thumb surgery needed, won't be back until sometime in the second half. Slow recovery process.

They should try to find someone with the last name Matata to play him with, back to back in the batting order. Excellent marketing opportunity.

• Like 4

Shame about his injury, but he should still be kept in deep dynasties.

Sure thing, I make it a point to never post anything as fact unless I confirm the information beforehand, but I can understand wanting verification given that I haven't been around here long. Cheers.

• Like 1

Initial reports indicated he would be back in the 2H.  Haven't seen or heard anything since early June.  Any update on this guy?

Nope nothing yet....prospect injuries below double A, espesh ones that are not highly touted tend to disappear when injured. Eventually a random update will come up or one day when checking the box scores he will appear on it. I know it really sucks when a non top prospect gets injured and just disappears for months with no update from the team. I'm totally looking forward to him coming back, Acuna is the man

Good find.  Been tough to find info on him, and at this point in the season, fall instructional league makes the most sense.  As long as he's healthy.

• Like 1

Got some hype from Longenhagen (fangraphs lead prospect analyst).

Surprised how quiet his hype has been overall though. I suppose he's still very young. But his tools scream fantasy upside

• Like 2

I got one late look at Acuna in 2016 and I wrote about him here: http://notesfromthesally.com/2016/09/02/my-1st-look-at-ronald-acuna-cf-rome/

I'm super high on him.  I loved the bat to ball, the potential is there for 60 hit + 20/20 upside, maybe a bit more power at peak.

He's a top 20 prospect for me and I think the Braves may be aggressive with him.  He may be in double-A in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

Batting .333/.407 in ST through 24 AB's... very impressive for someone who has only played 40 games above ROK ball. 

He's going to be a top 15 prospect going into next year.