burty1

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

Eh, I'd pick up and hold 'til the 4th in redraft, just in case. Unlikely call up but rostering 1/2 a week is pretty low risk.

1 hour ago, bdy1 said:

Eh, I'd pick up and hold 'til the 4th in redraft, just in case. Unlikely call up but rostering 1/2 a week is pretty low risk.

There would have to be nothing interesting on the wire for me to consider that. He isn't coming up. 

• Like 1

im in a 12 team dynasty, h2h cats - what are you guys willing to give up in dynasty leagues for this stud? current top 50 player? is he that good?

30 minutes ago, hgh22 said:

im in a 12 team dynasty, h2h cats - what are you guys willing to give up in dynasty leagues for this stud? current top 50 player? is he that good?

I made a deal in my keeper league (keep forever at no cost) that centered around Andrew Benintendi for Acuna (with other parts going both ways that helped each other's weaknesses). I believe in Acuna enough to think he's worth a guy in the top 50-75 range already. He's got that special power/speed combo along with an advanced hit tool and approach, all at such a young age. Upside is something like .280+ with 30 HRs and 30 SBs. Now I'm going to take the under on the 30/30 projections, particularly on the SBs because of his inefficiency, but I recognize the upside is huge. I'm all in on him! Probably the top fantasy prospect for me at the moment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hgh22 said:

I would trade Miguel Cabrera for Acuna in a Dynasty pretty quickly I think.  I think I would do Max Scherzer straight up, depending on the league format and team.  How many more years of Ace Scherzer do you expect? He's 34 next year. 10 years of Acuna (maybe more) for maybe 0 years of Scherzer being an Ace?  I think you could probably get Acuna and something decent for Scherzer.   

This is talking Dynasty as in 20 or more keepers. If you're in like a keep 5 or so league, he's not as valuable because you could be shooting yourself in the foot next year and possibly the year after.

I would rank him similarly to Bentendi. I'm not sure who I'd rather have. 

• Like 1

For those of you who follow the Braves do you think he is in the opening line-up in 2018.  Any season projections for him?  What a stud player

12 minutes ago, Matt08 said:

For those of you who follow the Braves do you think he is in the opening line-up in 2018.  Any season projections for him?  What a stud player

No, I don't. I do see him being called up before the ASG.

Welcome aboard but just have to say that there is already a thread for him.  Just google his name in this forum and it comes up. 

Players in the minors forum here don't have a "season" outlook per se.  It's probably better that way so you can monitor a player's growth over his minor league career in one thread.  A bit confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it.

Ugh, checked in on Baseball America to see if there were any recent Acuna related articles and I find that they posted the Braves 2018 top 10 prospect list a few days ago, but the accompanying chat is now behind a pay wall. Same with the Mets list and subsequent chat that came out today. I realize they have every right to do it and need to generate revenue to stay in business, but it doesn't make it any less disappointing.

• Sad 1

I noticed that..I had just signed up with them for internet access for about $65- and noticed that went away. It's a great site but I figure I'll be a one or two years and done once my rebuild is under control. I only buy a couple of Shandler books and the BB Prospectus book...would do more but it adds up fast.  

6 hours ago, Dark One said:

Ugh, checked in on Baseball America to see if there were any recent Acuna related articles and I find that they posted the Braves 2018 top 10 prospect list a few days ago, but the accompanying chat is now behind a pay wall. Same with the Mets list and subsequent chat that came out today. I realize they have every right to do it and need to generate revenue to stay in business, but it doesn't make it any less disappointing.

I subscribe and get the chat. Trust me, you don't need to subscribe to BA to get info on the #1 prospect. He's the best guy. The chat? They talk about how he's the best guy.  

He's the best guy.  What else do you need to know that you dont? He's 19, he broke out, he has decent non-elite power, hits for average, and can steal bases. He will be up sometime next year.

I'd say BA is more helpful for the other 9 braves prospects more than it is for Acuna. 

Edited by brockpapersizer

I wasn't specifically referring to Acuna at all with respect to the disappointment, only that I originally went there to see if there were any recent articles on him. The disappointment was in finding out that the chats are now behind a paywall in general. I have Acuna rostered in multiple dynasty leagues and was just poking around to see if there were any recent updates on the organization's plan for him in the short term.

Lots of guys saying that Acuna looks like the best guy at the AZ Fall League with it not being very close (Robles, Tucker, Mejia, and a number of other Top 100 guys are there). He's hitting .344 with 5 HR, a couple SB, and an OPS over 1.000 in 69 PAs so far.

30 minutes ago, jorp said:

Lots of guys saying that Acuna looks like the best guy at the AZ Fall League with it not being very close (Robles, Tucker, Mejia, and a number of other Top 100 guys are there). He's hitting .344 with 5 HR, a couple SB, and an OPS over 1.000 in 69 PAs so far.

It wasn't that close before the AFL started either.

• Like 1

I have gotten more trade offers/emails from other owners asking about him in my dynasty league than any player I've ever owned. 

1 hour ago, Letitbe793 said:

I have gotten more trade offers/emails from other owners asking about him in my dynasty league than any player I've ever owned. 

That's a good thing.

On 11/14/2017 at 1:27 PM, Letitbe793 said:

What are they offering?  I traded for him back in July or so - had to give up Vlad Jr.  just trying to gauge current value. 

58 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

What are they offering?  I traded for him back in July or so - had to give up Vlad Jr.  just trying to gauge current value. 

borderline top 100 established MLB talent. And then occasionally a young lesser prospect..best offer so far was Albies+a likely closer next year and that wasnt close for me. 

7 hours ago, Letitbe793 said:

borderline top 100 established MLB talent. And then occasionally a young lesser prospect..best offer so far was Albies+a likely closer next year and that wasnt close for me. 

Ahhh, looks like people who didn’t get in early enough are hoping to buy cheap.  That wouldn’t be enough for me either - it would have to be a legit top 40 current mlb player for me act.  Anything less than that and I’d rather just roll the dice and see what comes up.