Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burty1

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

Seems like there is a good chance he starts opening day now, I still think they should wait 2 weeks if they get more control.

On 12/16/2017 at 3:31 PM, brockpapersizer said:

Seems like there is a good chance he starts opening day now, I still think they should wait 2 weeks if they get more control.

The Braves are usually fairly aggressive with their prospects but I could see them waiting the 2 weeks for more control much like the Cubs did with Bryant but anything after that and I would be very surprised; especially with the departure of Kemp and the OF spot being vacant. 

What are people expecting for stats if he does come up after about 8-10 games? 

If he plays the majority of the year, .275/18/85/70/25. His K/BB is the only thing that stops me from expecting some really crazy rookie numbers. 

Next year he's going to get a good amount of MVP votes. 

On 1/25/2018 at 10:22 PM, einstein2u said:

Grey.

25. Ronald Acuna – Already gave you my Ronald Acuna fantasy.  It had six grammatical mistakes.  Also, I go over Acuna in the video.  2018 Projections:  74/17/77/.304/21 in 514 ABs

i would take that!

am i reading that right?  i like grey but....i dunno.

On 1/21/2018 at 3:40 PM, tywalson said:

Best fantasy prospect since Trout and Harper. Giddy Up!! 

On 12/16/2017 at 3:31 PM, brockpapersizer said:

On 1/18/2018 at 11:46 AM, BostonCajun said:

The Braves are usually fairly aggressive with their prospects but I could see them waiting the 2 weeks for more control much like the Cubs did with Bryant but anything after that and I would be very surprised; especially with the departure of Kemp and the OF spot being vacant. 

What are people expecting for stats if he does come up after about 8-10 games? 

so because of this, if you were tarting a brand new dynasty, where are you drafting acuna? top 15? top 25? top 50?

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

so because of this, if you were tarting a brand new dynasty, where are you drafting acuna? top 15? top 25? top 50?

Someone will grab him top 25. All depends on if you want to compete this year. Probably worth picking in round 2 if you aren't.

I think he goes Top 50 for sure. I don’t think Top 25, but in my dynasty league he would command a Top 20 player to be moved (no draft considerations or $ value associated.) Every league is different but Acuna has true potential to be a Top 10 hitter for the next decade. I wouldn’t let him slide past 40 or so.

6 minutes ago, tywalson said:

I think he goes Top 50 for sure. I don’t think Top 25, but in my dynasty league he would command a Top 20 player to be moved (no draft considerations or $ value associated.) Every league is different but Acuna has true potential to be a Top 10 hitter for the next decade. I wouldn’t let him slide past 40 or so.

In one of the expert leagues, he was grabbed at I think 13 and the guy said he would have taken him at 5. It was a bit of a strategic gambit (while everybody is drafting 25-year-olds, draft 20-year-olds) but if the league has savvy owners, there is no telling how early he may get drafted.

2 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

In one of the expert leagues, he was grabbed at I think 13 and the guy said he would have taken him at 5. It was a bit of a strategic gambit (while everybody is drafting 25-year-olds, draft 20-year-olds) but if the league has savvy owners, there is no telling how early he may get drafted.

I love Acuna but no chance I’m taking him over Trout, Harper, Turner, Correa, Machado, Arenado, etc. He hasn’t even had an MLB at bat lol. I think anywhere around 15-40 is reasonable. A lot of it depends on team build and what your league is.

4 minutes ago, tywalson said:

I love Acuna but no chance I’m taking him over Trout, Harper, Turner, Correa, Machado, Arenado, etc. He hasn’t even had an MLB at bat lol. I think anywhere around 15-40 is reasonable. A lot of it depends on team build and what your league is.

After 7 or so, I'd consider it. The guy grabbed Vlad Jr. in round 2 and I think Eloy in round 3; then you probably get early picks for 2 or 3 years while those guys mature. That's the thought process, anyway. You'd have painful early years but a potential monster team 4 or 5 years down the road.

1 hour ago, Hanghow said:

FSTA draft he went lke pick 105 or something like that...

Just now, parrothead said:

FSTA draft he went lke pick 105 or something like that...

I would assume that is not a dynasty start up

53 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

this

53 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Correct, his value in a dynasty start up would be much higher, although thats always a little dicey too because you dont want to go too overboad with the whole dynasty thing in a start up.  Seems like in general, he is a little overvalued right now, just getting that sense from some of the bench coach questions.   

Yesterday Dan Szymborski came with his ZiPS Top 100 List on ESPN. This is one of the things he had to say about Acuna:

"ZiPS has projected only three rookies to get over the 50 WAR barrier: Mike Trout, Kris Bryant and Acuña."

giphy.gif

So in a keeper league, draft him for what he could be in a few years?   I know it depends on more of the specifics.   I'll save that for a Bench Coach question.

I hope this guy dont turn out to be AJ Reed 2.0. I remember the hype for that guy was through the roof and it made me draft him in 2 dynasty leagues....what a mistake!

18 hours ago, Arrowflinger said:

I hope this guy dont turn out to be AJ Reed 2.0. I remember the hype for that guy was through the roof and it made me draft him in 2 dynasty leagues....what a mistake!

Lol what? They literally couldn’t be more opposite players. Reed had K%, lefty splits and contact concerns in the minors. He was unathletic and a poor defender even at 1B. His whole value was tied to his power. Also, Acuna is a near consensus first overall fantasy prospect and mentioned with the likes of Harper and Trout. He has potential plus power, plus speed, and plus contact and is a solid defender in CF or the corners. Even if he hits .250 his speed and power will play. Now could he turn out to be a bust? Sure. But I don’t think there is any comparison to AJ Reed and his lack of success so far should do nothing to your valuation of Acuna. He’s a stud.

52 minutes ago, tywalson said:

Lol what? They literally couldn’t be more opposite players. Reed had K%, lefty splits and contact concerns in the minors. He was unathletic and a poor defender even at 1B. His whole value was tied to his power. Also, Acuna is a near consensus first overall fantasy prospect and mentioned with the likes of Harper and Trout. He has potential plus power, plus speed, and plus contact and is a solid defender in CF or the corners. Even if he hits .250 his speed and power will play. Now could he turn out to be a bust? Sure. But I don’t think there is any comparison to AJ Reed and his lack of success so far should do nothing to your valuation of Acuna. He’s a stud.

I was referring to his hype.AJ was supposed to be a stud too..just go back and look at his thread here