burty1

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

Acuna came into today leading Grapefruit League in average (.419) and OBP (.526) and tied for the lead in hits (13).

sweet baby jesus.

I'm not too keen on the barves OF situation, but its a foregone conclusion that acuna will be on the major league squad after mid-april correct?

whose place would he take?

Inciarte in CF, Markakis in LF and Preston Tucker is projected to start the year in right. Tucker will be the odd man out when Acuna is up which should be by April 13th. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pa.style said:

Yes sir !

.417 3 HR 8 RBI 4 steals in 14 games

exfda.gif

Edited by bigmarc27

Let's not get too excited guys. Baseball reference has a Opponent Quality rating on their spring training stats and Acuna's grades out at 6.7.

To give everyone perspective on that:

7.0 grades out to AA competition

8.0 - AAA

10.0 - MLB

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Let's not get too excited guys. Baseball reference has a Opponent Quality rating on their spring training stats and Acuna's grades out at 6.7.

8.0 - AAA

10.0 - MLB

He did homer off Tanaka and Aaron Sanchez, both well above average MLBers

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

8.0 - AAA

10.0 - MLB

I get what you are saying but stop raining on everyone's parade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

8.0 - AAA

10.0 - MLB

So he is not gonna be great?

Yeah Im not sure what to make of that stat. in his last three games as far as I can tell, hes homered off of noted ML-pitchers Mike Fiers and Aaron Sanchez, and had 2/2 with a double off the Pirates (not sure who exactly but Trevor Wiliams, Kyle Crick and Felipe Rivero pitched and would have to be considered ML-average at worst)

I wonder who is seeing a score of 8 right now?

Spring training numbers mean very little but also Ronald Acuna hits baseballs well. He's done it in Rookie ball, A-ball, Australian League, High-A, AA, AAA, Arizona Fall League, and now Spring Training. It sort of seems like a trend.

I'm not raining on anyone's parade, haha. He is still a generatational talent and will be amazing player. Just don't expect this pace in the show this year. Just trying to keep it in perspective because it is really easy to get drawn into the hype on these guys. 

Mostly putting it out there for redraft people.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I'm not raining on anyone's parade, haha. He is still a generatational talent and will be amazing player. Just don't expect this pace in the show this year. Just trying to keep it in perspective because it is really easy to get drawn into the hype on these guys. 

You mean he won't bat .417 with 40 HR and 50 SB this season???

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

8.0 - AAA

10.0 - MLB

He's got a history of playing better with every promotion/increase in Opponent Quality. 

So does this mean he's going to do EVEN BETTER when the opposing talent goes up a tick or two?  choo choo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

8.0 - AAA

10.0 - MLB

Guess his career is over than before it started according to the dig deep stat geeks :( 

1 hour ago, thebull315 said:

You mean he probably won't bat .417 with 40 HR and 50 SB this season???

FTFY

Sorry to even throw the slightest bit of shade at Acuna. Seems the hype train is in full force. It is information guys interpret it how you will.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Sorry to even throw the slightest bit of shade at Acuna. Seems the hype train is in full force. It is information guys interpret it how you will.

I don't mind a little shade being thrown now and then. It was the dirty water you threw on it that was bothering me.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

It's actually reasonable advice. I do get the vibe he should be the same sort of hype as Bryant did his rookie year when he destroyed Spring Training (I'd love to know his competition rating that year) and then was called up a few weeks in. I think he could be pretty good ROS once he's up, but it's certainly within reason that he could start off slow or hit a wall midseason.  

35 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

It's actually reasonable advice. I do get the vibe he should be the same sort of hype as Bryant did his rookie year when he destroyed Spring Training (I'd love to know his competition rating that year) and then was called up a few weeks in. I think he could be pretty good ROS once he's up, but it's certainly within reason that he could start off slow or hit a wall midseason.  

for sure it is reasonable advice. nobody thinks he is going to hit over .400 or steal 50+ bags and hit 35 hr's. So maybe we should just close thread and nobody can dream on what Acuna might be, or what he won't be for that matter.

• Like 1