Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burty1

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

3 hours ago, scottishguy said:

From all I have heard on the radio, CF is Acuna

I don’t think that’s right at all. They’re not moving their gold glove center fielder out of position. Acuna will start in left and Markakis will have right since there’s less room to cover in SunTrust on that side. 

4 hours ago, jb_power said:

has anyone heard anything on if and when Acuna is promoted to the Braves if Inciarte or Acuna will play CF?  We have CF as a required position.

3 hours ago, scottishguy said:

From all I have heard on the radio, CF is Acuna

I seriously doubt Acuna will be playing CF in the bigs...  Inciarte is too good out there to move him.  He'll be playing one of the corners... not sure which (with Markakis in the other).

1 minute ago, LJJr said:

I seriously doubt Acuna will be playing CF in the bigs...  Inciarte is too good out there to move him.  He'll be playing one of the corners... not sure which (with Markakis in the other).

Truth.  For this year you'll be able to slot him in the CF on your roster though. 

I'm in agreement that Inciarte keeps the CF job. That said, Acuna can absolutely handle CF and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he played enough games filling in or due to injuries that he gained CF eligibility.

1 hour ago, Jpress82 said:

This could be the next Mike Trout (remember his rookie campaign)! look forward to see how he performs this year

or maybe Mike Trout is the American version of Acuna?

4 hours ago, Folarin said:

Hmmm so when do we expect Acuna up? Is it a guarantee in late April? In re-draft with NA spots I'd love to know how high you guys are targeting him.

April 13th.  It's possible they wait until April 16th which is a home stand.  It shouldn't be long.  

On 3/18/2018 at 10:05 AM, Sine_cera said:

I thought this was the Ronald Acuna thread but apparently this the "Look at me brag about my wins and trophies!" thread. Can anyone tell me where the Acuna thread is?

No, but would you like to see my trophy case?  

5 hours ago, Folarin said:

Hmmm so when do we expect Acuna up? Is it a guarantee in late April? In re-draft with NA spots I'd love to know how high you guys are targeting him.

There are no guarantees made publicly as no one from the Braves organization will admit that they are keeping someone from the majors for service time purposes. However, if he keeps tearing the cover off the ball, they just need to make sure he does not accrue 172 days of service time this year in order to gain that extra year before free agency. That would mean he would come up after around 2 weeks into the season.

I targeted him and got him in the keeper league in my signature in the 10th round, which would be pick 91. That draft was on 3/17/18. We do have 1 NA spot in Yahoo though I took another prospect knowing that Acuna will probably be up after 2 weeks leaving an open NA spot.

Man we have to fix this super two nonsense. there is no way he shouldnt me on the opening day roster

44 minutes ago, Shamrocks said:

Man we have to fix this super two nonsense. there is no way he shouldnt me on the opening day roster

Agree. Been saying that for years.  They should just remove it.

1 hour ago, Shamrocks said:

This isn't a super-two issue actually. This is a years of service issue. Two separate issues that both need to be addressed.

The crazy thing is that for Super-Two... its something the players bargained FOR.

1 hour ago, Shamrocks said:

We don't have to do anything. It's the Billionaire owners and Millionaire players who need to resolve the issue in the next CBA negotiations. The players porked themselves on the last one. Lot to learn from.

12 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

This isn't a super-two issue actually. This is a years of service issue. Two separate issues that both need to be addressed.

The crazy thing is that for Super-Two... its something the players bargained FOR.

Wait that presumes you dont think he will be up at all this year before Sept 1...is that true?

12 hours ago, Shamrocks said:

Wait that presumes you dont think he will be up at all this year before Sept 1...is that true?

No, a year of service is defined as 172 days of the baseball year. By keeping him down until April 13, he only accrues 171.

Super-Two is... more complicated. Basically, its determined in 3 years based on the accrued service time over the previous 3 year period. Since it is based on who gets called up and when, teams estimate that they avoid it by waiting for June 1st or so. That doesn't change how long a player is controlled by a team, but rather gives them an extra year of arbitration. Since arbitration starts earlier for Super-Twos, the final year ends up costing 10+ million more, if the player is as good as the kind you want to avoid it with. If its a middling player, the extra year of arbitration is nominal.

11 minutes ago, blinkfan77 said:

We don't have to do anything. It's the Billionaire owners and Millionaire players who need to resolve the issue in the next CBA negotiations. The players porked themselves on the last one. Lot to learn from.

Okay, okay...the royal WE

1 hour ago, oswald737 said:

No, a year of service is defined as 172 days of the baseball year. By keeping him down until April 13, he only accrues 171.

Super-Two is... more complicated. Basically, its determined based in 3 years based on the accrued service time over the previous 3 year period. Since it is based on who gets called up and when, teams estimate that they avoid it by waiting for June 1st or so. That doesn't change how long a player is controlled by a team, but rather gives them an extra year of arbitration. Since arbitration starts earlier for Super-Twos, the final year ends up costing 10+ million more, if the player is as good as the kind you want to avoid it with. If its a middling player, the extra year of arbitration is nominal.

Yeah of course you are right, for some reason I combine the two in my head...it seems like we more easily accept the service time weirdness than the super two 

9 hours ago, oswald737 said:

While I sympathized with the individual players this year in free agency, it was sort of nice seeing the MLBPA being forced to lie in the bed they made for themselves. Who knew management would come around to building around the super cheap young players that they can keep well into their primes and strong-arm into signing long-term team-friendly deals...

Is the 4th round in a 10-team start up Dynasty league too early to draft him?

10 minutes ago, cjw3 said:

No, it’s probably too late. 

23 minutes ago, cjw3 said:

There's a bit of a discussion about this back on page 19. Bottom line, I don't think you can rule out him going in the first round.

19 hours ago, Shamrocks said:

Okay, okay...the royal WE

Sorry to hang on that word, I just had a bigger point to make that as much as this tactic sucks...I'm fine with teams doing it. The players had their opportunity to negotiate otherwise in the past, and surely will touch on this subject in future CBA negotiations. And I'll be all for the change! It's a stupid technicality, but it's there.

Where should he be going in a 12 team redraft league? I just saw him go 6th round in a mock draft and it seems insane to me.

3 hours ago, bdawkins456 said:

Where should he be going in a 12 team redraft league? I just saw him go 6th round in a mock draft and it seems insane to me.

I got him in the 7th and definitely came away feeling I reached, but he was teh one guy I "had" to get as i'm all-in 

I wonder if sendign him down cools off the hype a bit, but def think Rounds 9-11 seem apprporiate