Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burty1

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, benturn22 said:

0-7 start with 3 k's. Not ideal.

 

We all can laugh but if he’s reeling the Braves aren’t calling him up with Tucker & Markakis on fire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

 

We all can laugh but if he’s reeling the Braves aren’t calling him up with Tucker & Markakis on fire 

exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A week and half ago he was leading all NL spring training teams in HR and had a .432 AVG 1.247 OPS over 44 AB. 

 

I don't think eight plate appearances of AAA baseball is him "reeling". 

 

He's better than Tucker or Markakis. He'll be their only right handed bat with power. 

 

Inciarte (L)

Albies (S)

Freeman (L)

Markakis (L)

Suzuki (R) -- not powerful

Tucker (L) / Bourjos (R)

Dansby (R) -- their best right handed power bat? lol

Flaherty (L)

 

They need a right-handed power bat or it's going to be LOOGYs all day.

 

I'll be mildly surprised if he isn't up this week. If the plan was to bring him up around April 13th this season than that's what they'll do. Anthopoulus always scares me though with his decisions. He could be traded tomorrow for Tulowitzki /s. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just saying if he continues to struggle there will be no rush.  He’s also lost some AB and games due to rain.  They aren’t going to rush him and risk him struggling. When he’s up, hes not going back down and he will play.  Bourjous likely cut.  I think they’d wait until the home stand on the 16th at the earliest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0-3 tonight...0-11 start..he did walk today and hit a rocket that was a groundout...time to get back on track tomorrow young fella!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of note in 2017, Acuna started 2 for 17 with 6 strikeouts in A+. The rest is history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fenamo said:

Of note in 2017, Acuna started 2 for 17 with 6 strikeouts in A+. The rest is history. 

 

Started AA and AAA the same way last year. Heck, he started Spring Training this year the same way. Seems like a guy that needs a few ABs to get going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oswald737 said:

 

Started AA and AAA the same way last year. Heck, he started Spring Training this year the same way. Seems like a guy that needs a few ABs to get going.

Hopefully those come in the majors!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much better today (4/10) 2-4, double, run, walk and K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, avatoot said:

Much better today (4/10) 2-4, double, run, walk and K.

And it begins. Wish I could find a damn jersey of his though. I wonder if Suzuki lets him have #24? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to think we won't see him up for a bit.  He's looked silly in his at bats tonight..3 more strikeouts (2 swinging, 1 looking).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, benturn22 said:

Starting to think we won't see him up for a bit.  He's looked silly in his at bats tonight..3 more strikeouts (2 swinging, 1 looking).

:angry:<_< Getting really annoyed at this potential situation quickly..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he already proved he should be in the majors in spring training. I cant imagine the braves not calling him up because of a lil slump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing he's got going for him is that Preston Tucker has cooled off since 4/7 (0 for 12).  That said he's going to have to do better than 0-4 w/ 3K's to get the call. 

 

Keeping him down for a few extra days/weeks just plays into the narrative that this wasn't outright service time manipulation.

 

Hope he rakes the next couple of days.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

First Braves beat writer to come out and say it. As an Acuna redraft owner, I think its more likely than not that Acuna stays in AAA through the weekend. If he has a good series and Tucker continues to be... well Tucker... then its probably a homestand call-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that's always a funny interesting strategy, is this notion that MLB clubs need to see 3-4 "hot games" in a row from a player before he's called up. If they're sold on the players ability so much, what is the point of wanting to wait until you see those games? Wouldn't you want those 3 bust out games to be on your MLB club? And if they're "not sold" on Acuna yet, how does 3-4 hot games in such a small sample size completely 180 that perspective anyways to that you go from "not sold" to "sold"? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'd want the hot streak on my MLB club if I was convinced this guy was MLB ready, rather than see it in AAA and then have him revert back to cold for my MLB club. That's how baseball works. Stats come in bunches a lot of the time. Rarily is everything straight as an arrow when it comes to production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

One thing that's always a funny interesting strategy, is this notion that MLB clubs need to see 3-4 "hot games" in a row from a player before he's called up. If they're sold on the players ability so much, what is the point of wanting to wait until you see those games? Wouldn't you want those 3 bust out games to be on your MLB club? And if they're "not sold" on Acuna yet, how does 3-4 hot games in such a small sample size completely 180 that perspective anyways to that you go from "not sold" to "sold"? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'd want the hot streak on my MLB club if I was convinced this guy was MLB ready, rather than see it in AAA and then have him revert back to cold for my MLB club. That's how baseball works. Stats come in bunches a lot of the time. Rarily is everything straight as an arrow when it comes to production. 

its to cover their bases incase he comes up and slumps. so people cant say why would you call him up when he wasnt hitting in AAA not that it really matters.

and i would also say it is about confidence (for the player). much better to promote a player that is swinging it well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Braves beat writer thinks Monday.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morosi says they won't call him up til he starts hitting again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

Morosi says they won't call him up til he starts hitting again.

 

 

Here comes the good old 0 for 150 with 125 strikeouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.