Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burty1

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

I can't see them making him prove himself over a small sample size as a prerequisite for call-up when he's blown past all other meaningful hurdles.

Talk about messing with the psyche of a young kid for no reason.

If he goes 0-for-the-weekend he should still be up on Monday.

1-4 w/ a BB and SB.  Lets hope for a big day Sat & Sun.

13 hours ago, ragrag said:

1-4 w/ a BB and SB.  Lets hope for a big day Sat & Sun.

His 1st SB of the season and didn't strike out. Moving in positive direction. He probably needs to a least  to hit a little better in order to get called up with Tucker producing. 

You win a million dollars if you guess correctly, will he be up on Monday yes or no, what would you choose?

1 minute ago, Willsea33 said:

You win a million dollars if you guess correctly, will he be up on Monday yes or no, what would you choose?

I choose....no

16 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

Plane ticket to Fulton County Stadium Confirmed

He's in the lineup for Gwinnett. Might they sit him if was coming up tomorrow ?

31 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Plane ticket to Fulton County Stadium Confirmed

Well, they demolished Fulton County Stadium like 20 year ago and Gwinett is right down the road. Doesn't seem logical.  

On 4/14/2018 at 11:59 AM, lassetjus said:

His 1st SB of the season and didn't strike out. Moving in positive direction. He probably needs to a least  to hit a little better in order to get called up with Tucker producing. 

Is he competing with Preston Tucker or with Nick Markakis?  If I'm running the Braves, I trade Markakis at pennies on the dollar to a team who needs an extra OF, and then play Acuna, Inciarte, and a platoon of Tucker/Adams.  Markakis is actually hitting OK, so many they would only need to cover half his salary in a trade to, say, the Dodgers.

Camargo will be in Atlanta tomorrow, he's not in the Gwinett lineup.  Acuna is in there batting lead off.  Game in a rain delay now, quite possibly ppd.  Take it for what it's worth.  

I think we need to see Acuna in Atlanta by Friday.  That's when Gwinett takes off on a road trip.  If that passes, the Braves may just wait until Super 2.  As a Braves fan and someone who has him in fantasy leagues, I'd like to see him up as much as everyone.  Management has long said once he's up, he isn't going back down...so they want to be absolutely sure he's ready.  

Hearing more rumblings that he'll come up for the home stretch starting this week.  

I think the "we're waiting for him to get hot at AAA" narrative is bogus, or if it is true is misguided.  Hopefully we'll see him up soon.

2 minutes ago, Ben Edelman said:

Is he competing with Preston Tucker or with Nick Markakis?  If I'm running the Braves, I trade Markakis at pennies on the dollar to a team who needs an extra OF, and then play Acuna, Inciarte, and a platoon of Tucker/Adams.  Markakis is actually hitting OK, so many they would only need to cover half his salary in a trade to, say, the Dodgers.

They've tried.  Nobody wants him unless the Braves eat his salary.  Preston Tucker hitting certainly makes it easier on them to keep Acuna down.  It'll probably be a 4 man rotation when he's up.  

7 minutes ago, ROC_All_Stars_17 said:

Hearing more rumblings that he'll come up for the home stretch starting this week.  

I think the "we're waiting for him to get hot at AAA" narrative is bogus, or if it is true is misguided.  Hopefully we'll see him up soon.

I think the “rumblings” your hearing are in your belly, do you actually have any sources or are you just trolling?

You'd think after his hot spring, the Braves would have at least made some sort of assurances to him directly regarding his call up?  If so, they really wouldn't/couldn't mess with that now.

Don’t know if he’s reliable but:

per Shaun Kernahan on twitter:

I have gotten word tomorrow will be the @MLB debut for Ronald Acuna if the #Braves

12 minutes ago, Pa.style said:

I have gotten word tomorrow will be the @MLB debut for Ronald Acuna if the #Braves

200.gif

Not a thing till that read NA goes away

41 minutes ago, Pa.style said:

This is fake news....he has 5 replies on this tweet including mine all commenting and he hasn’t replied to any of them. Guys a clown, just look at his profile pic.

Yeah what other news has Shaun broken? Not saying can't be his first but I need to hear some other pop he's made....