burty1

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

He showed some signs of life at the plate today going 3-6. Anyone watch the game and see how his at bats looked? I liked seeing 0 K’s in The box score.  

This would be a slap in the face to Acuna if it happens.

Jose Bautista could be added to the Braves' roster sometime during their April 23-May 3 road trip.
Bautista reached base twice in his first game at High-A Florida and will play for them again Sunday before moving up to Triple-A Gwinnett on Monday. The 37-year-old signed a minor league contract with the Braves last week is getting reacquainted with third base. For what it's worth, manager Brian Snitker said the early reports of Bautista's work at the hot corner have been good. Bautista has hit only .216/.333/.402 over the last two seasons, but he's still worth a stash in deep leagues
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DMurphy77 said:

Jose Bautista could be added to the Braves' roster sometime during their April 23-May 3 road trip.
Bautista reached base twice in his first game at High-A Florida and will play for them again Sunday before moving up to Triple-A Gwinnett on Monday. The 37-year-old signed a minor league contract with the Braves last week is getting reacquainted with third base. For what it's worth, manager Brian Snitker said the early reports of Bautista's work at the hot corner have been good. Bautista has hit only .216/.333/.402 over the last two seasons, but he's still worth a stash in deep leagues

Why do you say that? I don't think we will see Acuna playing 3B any time soon. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, DMurphy77 said:

This would be more of a slap in the face to Austin Riley.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DMurphy77 said:

On a somewhat related note I’m excited to watch him play tonight. I’ve got tickets to tonight’s triple A game and hope to see an Acuna bomb. I also get to see Soroka pitch and Joey Bats play third. I’ll try to post a video if Acuna hits a dinger.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, JenksDodger said:

Why do you say that? I don't think we will see Acuna playing 3B any time soon. 

No but they obviously want a power bat in the lineup which is why they're thinking about using Bautista so soon after signing him, Something Acuna can provide. It's really a slap in the face to Flaherty who is hitting well, Acuna and Riley.

15 minutes ago, DMurphy77 said:

No but they obviously want a power bat in the lineup which is why they're thinking about using Bautista so soon after signing him, Something Acuna can provide. It's really a slap in the face to Flaherty who is hitting well, Acuna and Riley.

I don't want to see Riley in Atlanta at all in 2018.  I think he needs some good ol fashioned low and slow cooking in the minors. So no, i don't think it's a slap to Acuna, or Riley. It might suck for Flaherty and Camargo, but no more than any other random mlb roster move for any other team. 

Flaherty is a career .656 OPS, 2.3 WAR  across 7 seasons and was released by the Phillies two months ago.  He should be happy he has a job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fletch44 said:

Flaherty is a career .656 OPS, 2.3 WAR  across 7 seasons and was released by the Phillies two months ago.  He should be happy he has a job.

He's been a career backup.  Never really got the chance to start till now and he's played well especially hitting at the bottom of the order.  Only reason Bautista was given this chance was because of his relationship with Anthopoulos in Toronto.  Bautista really hasn't done much since 2015 and a week after being signed he's a better option than Flaherty and worth taking up a roster spot for Riley or Acuna?  I hope we get the old version of Bautista and hope he does well but I highly doubt that will happen and I'd rather see the young kids come up and get playing time.   

Edited by DMurphy77

20 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

only need 10 more of those types of games to be considered for a call

Only 10 more three hit games?  Doesn't sound like much of an obstacle.

Image result for mark wahlberg gifs

I cannot emphasize this enough for everyone worried/irritated about Acuna still being at AAA - no one is blocking him and no one is being called up over him. No one. After they traded away Kemp it became a non-issue. After April 13th (the date where the organization gained another year of team control on Acuna), they could have called him up at any time but are simply waiting for him to go on a batting hot streak prior to doing so (mainly to save face over the April 13th date), and probably just a mini-hot streak at that. He may not be on a "hot streak" right now, but has hit safely in 8 of his last 9 games and he's already proven more than capable of handling AAA pitching after posting a .940 OPS in over 200 AB's at the level last season. As GN'R used to say constantly, "All we need is just a little patience".

8 hours ago, meh2 said:

On a somewhat related note I’m excited to watch him play tonight. I’ve got tickets to tonight’s triple A game and hope to see an Acuna bomb. I also get to see Soroka pitch and Joey Bats play third. I’ll try to post a video if Acuna hits a dinger.

Quick update: 1 for 1 with a line drive single to right, a walk, and 3 stolen bases. My official scouting report on his speed: dude’s fast. He stumbled making his break on a steal of third and almost bit it but he righted himself and still made it by a decent margin.

• Like 2

Dude will be up real soon....hopefully this week. He singled and stole 2nd. Next AB he walked and immediately stole 2B then 3rd. Mind you it was off Bobby Wilson but he’s still the real deal.

Edited by Shortnphat

As Bautista, Flowers and Acuna prepared for Triple-A Gwinnett's Monday doubleheader in Rochester, none of them had a definitive arrival date. But there's at least a chance all three could join Atlanta's lineup by the end of this week, or at least by the time this current road trip concludes on May 3.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/flowers-bautista-acuna-to-bolster-braves/c-273528568

• Like 2

With Bautista set to start for ATL at 3B within days per Yahoo, should this make Acuna's call up sooner or later ?

35 minutes ago, tonywow said:

With Bautista set to start for ATL at 3B within days per Yahoo, should this make Acuna's call up sooner or later ?

No effect.

1 hour ago, tonywow said:

Think its entirely plausible that they both come up at the same time. Takes a little more pressure off Acuna.

2 minutes ago, Kevk44 said:

He’s having a pretty good night tonight 2-3 2B, R, BB

The call up has to be coming soon as he has continued the trend of an ice cold first week or so, and then looking like the best player in whatever league he’s in.