burty1

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

Shout to this thread for putting me onto this guy early. Thanks all!

If he keeps owning AA at 19 he should be top 10 with a bullet on the mid season lists. Gotta figure out how to make room for him in shallower formats. This forum rocks.

• Like 1

4 for 5 tonight up to .415 avg in double A in 80 plus at bats....

• Like 1

Very exciting prospect.  He and Jimenez and Guerrero are going to take the league by storm in a year or two.

1 hour ago, tingyangs6 said:

He just hit a dinger tonight. Looks like he will be on a fast track to the show. 

September?

26 minutes ago, nodnarbnap said:

September?

We're in rarely traveled waters here. To me, September seems pretty non sensical here in that you could hold him down until like April 15 next year and gain a full year of control.... or Super-2 it 2 months later.

I don't know what the reasonable alternative is... kid is doing everything he can to push.

26 steals on the year?!?!? Single and double A combined... Hitting over .400 in almost 90 double A abs....he keeps that up triple A after the all star break is a possibility 

I think I read that his BABIP is over .500....just think about that for a minute....a correction is coming because no one sustains a BABIP of .500+. 

That said, the kid seems to be figuring things out quick. Now is probably the worst time to trade for him. Wait for the hype to settle when the BABIP corrects and try to get him then if you don't own him now. Pretty exciting to think about him in the new ballpark in ATL though. Hope he continues to rake because we know the Braves are not shy about pushing the kids through the system. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I think I read that his BABIP is over .500....just think about that for a minute....a correction is coming because no one sustains a BABIP of .500+. 

That said, the kid seems to be figuring things out quick. Now is probably the worst time to trade for him. Wait for the hype to settle when the BABIP corrects and try to get him then if you don't own him now. Pretty exciting to think about him in the new ballpark in ATL though. Hope he continues to rake because we know the Braves are not shy about pushing the kids through the system. 

You leave him alone!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tingyangs6 said:

He just hit a dinger tonight. Looks like he will be on a fast track to the show. 

He hit a home run last night and his OPS actually fell...

I know he has more currently, but does he have more speed potential than Robles? I thought I saw some 70 grades for Robles speed. 

Andrelton Simmons was promoted to stay after 44 games 203 PA (.744 OPS) at AA.

Dansby Swanson was promoted to stay after 84 games 377 PA (.745 OPS) at AA.

(super sad for the current roster of the Braves that there are not more homegrown examples...)

Ronald Acuna has 31 games 135 PA (.901 OPS).

The braves are not shy about promoting their stud prospects directly from AA. Acuna will be in the majors as a teenager. 

• Like 1

I don't think he'll be up this year barring a major injury to Kemp, Inciarte or Markakis.

Perhaps a September cup of coffee.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 5:56 AM, Fenamo said:

Andrelton Simmons was promoted to stay after 44 games 203 PA (.744 OPS) at AA.

Dansby Swanson was promoted to stay after 84 games 377 PA (.745 OPS) at AA.

(super sad for the current roster of the Braves that there are not more homegrown examples...)

Ronald Acuna has 31 games 135 PA (.901 OPS).

The braves are not shy about promoting their stud prospects directly from AA. Acuna will be in the majors as a teenager. 

I own Acuna in a dynasty so I hope you are right. I don't think those examples are apple to apples.

Simmons was an elite, gold glove defensive player. He was brought up for defense, not offense. 

Swanson went to college and was widely seen as mature and developed, both physically and mentally.

I wouldn't mind if you are right about Acuna, but I would prefer they keep him down in the minors to develop and have him compete in spring training next year. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I own Acuna in a dynasty so I hope you are right. I don't think those examples are apple to apples.

Simmons was an elite, gold glove defensive player. He was brought up for defense, not offense. 

Swanson went to college and was widely seen as mature and developed, both physically and mentally.

I wouldn't mind if you are right about Acuna, but I would prefer they keep him down in the minors to develop and have him compete in spring training next year. 

Those two examples also might argue against Acuna. That is, they are both defensively good already, but both struggled (Simmons for years) to have their offense translate.

He's young yet. The conversation between ATL scouts and coaches will carry more weight re promotion than whatever we see.

His average has dropped about 100 points in the last 2 weeks.  Granted, he was batting over .400 on May 31st...but he's going through a slump at the moment, highlighted by a poor K/BB ratio over the past 10 days (14K/3BB).

On 6/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, jb_power said:

I don't think he'll be up this year barring a major injury to Kemp, Inciarte or Markakis.

Perhaps a September cup of coffee.

Injury to Kemp inciarte or markakis? Just a matter of when then?

1 hour ago, pedubwitat said:

Well Kemp just got hurt.  

If Kemp requires a trip to the DL what are the chances Acuna gets recalled?  Under 1%???

11 minutes ago, Peppy said:

If Kemp requires a trip to the DL what are the chances Acuna gets recalled?  Under 1%???

I would put it somewhere around the chances that Lloyd Christmas was getting.....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I would put it somewhere around the chances that Lloyd Christmas was getting.....

So you're saying there's a chance....

• Like 3

Acuna is now hitting .307 with a .360obp, 8 home runs and 30 steals between A and AA this year. 

What's the outlook for his ETA? Moved up to next year (2018) and possibly September?