Patrick Bateman

Rotoworld Software Upgrade Questions and Feedback

302 posts in this topic

Thanks for your patience as maintenance on the Forums take hold. The Administrators/Moderators have created this thread to efficiently house your questions about new features and/or to address any concerns you may have with the new software. We will do our best to address your questions in a timely fashion.

Please address all questions her and help us by doing so in a clear, concise, and respectful manner. If applicable, please link an example if necessary. Please remember, if you need immediate assistance, the help/service link is available. Thanks so much and we hope you like the new and improved RW.

Mods/Admins

1 person likes this

About this new look to the site : I'm already missing the "tool" to just look at the last post of a topic on the main page, instead of checking on the the whole topic.

1 person likes this

The dot or star are still there... my guess is the conversion to the new system requires you to be online first to note where you've been, what you've read, etc.  It'll still be there, just not for all the topics due to the system resetting.

so is this where I post about the change I noticed this morning here at Rotoworld? I HATE IT!

why was there a change? what was wrong with the forum the way it was? nothing. everything was easy, this sucks.

3 people like this

I hate this.

I just made a new post in the feedback section.

Give it some time before freaking out...

(my 2 cents; I have no problem with it)

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, joeg414 said:

About this new look to the site : I'm already missing the "tool" to just look at the last post of a topic on the main page, instead of checking on the the whole topic.

Clicking on the time under the poster on the right side should bring you to the last post.

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

no more team signatures

I sure hope there's a way to fix this.

One thing I noticed is the quotes from posts before the change aren't attributed to the poster or even marked as quotes... will make sorting through comment chains made before today a real pain.

Also noticed that it appears we can't embed youtube or any other video clips any more.

all previous quotes are no longer quoted, which makes things difficult to follow.

there was no need for a change in the first place. I hate when websites do this, making a change just for the sake of making a change. stupidity.

8 people like this

If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

But this actually goes beyond that and breaks a bunch of stuff while improving NOTHING. 

i can't even get out of the mobile version anymore. 

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Clicking on the time under the poster on the right side should bring you to the last post.

But, with the old site , you just had to click on the topic and it showed you the last post , without opening the whole topic.

6 people like this

It appears the search function isn't working properly either.

1 person likes this

Give it time. There's actually a good amount to like, and I'm sure some changes are coming. Definitely need the function of taking you to the last new post in a thread you've been reading, but I like the look, posting tools, option to load new posts while in the thread without refreshing. Good stuff. 

1 person likes this

Yeah I'm confused about the change. While I understand the appeal of RW to have a new and improved look I don't understand what was improved. 

-Is there a way to go to the last post you view on the mobile site? A lot of us read this forum on the go and that was huge for me to just click the link of whatever thread and have it go to the last thing I read. Now it goes to the beginning of the thread. 

-The quotes are no longer separated in a way that allows you to see who wrote what...They look like the original poster wrote everything

6 people like this

either I'm not using the search right, or the search is not working because I type in a name and don't get any results.

STUPID rotoworld. :angry:

I would suggest going back to the way it was before this, but I'm not expecting much.

Give it a little more time than 10 minutes guys.  I imagine there's a fix for some of the bugs and things that are missing.  

The search is working for any posts made after the change but nothing before it. As kidtwentytwo mentioned, I imagine they're working on the kinks and I would hope viewing this thread to see some real time feedback. 

1 minute ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Give it a little more time than 10 minutes guys.  I imagine there's a fix for some of the bugs and things that are missing.  

there was a fix, if you want to call it that, like not changing anything to begin with. I imagine everyone was happy/satisfied with the way things were.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Exactly. Nothing is ever perfect on launch, and it'll be tweaked a bunch moving forward, but this is pretty dang good overall. 

1 person likes this

It's an update from Invision (the people who produce the message boards). I post on another Invision based board and they did their upgrade a week ago. It took a couple of days to iron out the kinks but it's a pretty good finished product once that happens.

2 people like this